Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Ty Thompson couch sale

flatusflatus Member Posts: 877
5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment First Anniversary
Standard Supporter

He was never going to he the guy.

But Lanning should have encouraged him to transfer last year. Kid deserved better than this.

Comments

• Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    I guess we don’t know what kind of conversations they had.

Maybe TT wanted the challenge.
  • Options
    RTDRTD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 782
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    He had his 15 secs of fame when Cook sent Nix to the sideline in Autzen last year.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    RTD said:

He had his 15 secs of fame when Cook sent Nix to the sideline in Autzen last year.

Sadly, correct.
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,510
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    We're any of the Ducks here wary of the hype on Thompson? I remember him being a low four-star early in teh cycle then he was a five-star by the time he signed? Definitely looked like a big athlete with good tools but those kind of ranking explosions always gets my tin foil hat tingling.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

We're any of the Ducks here wary of the hype on Thompson? I remember him being a low four-star early in teh cycle then he was a five-star by the time he signed? Definitely looked like a big athlete with good tools but those kind of ranking explosions always gets my tin foil hat tingling.

Greatest QB recruit of all time!!! How many of you ball washers jerked off to him? More than the amount of Doogs that jerked off to Huard.

I think the last recruit I jerked off to was Haloti Ngata. Maybe Jonathan Stewart, partly because it pissed off UW. Since then, stars are nice but let's see it on the field.
  • Options

When he stepped onto the field for the first time years ago I wrote to the fellas via text, this guy is not it. Massive stupid looking helmet. Never remember anyone with a giant dome being a good QB.

Also looked like he’d never played football until this year which still felt overly mechanical and stiff.

Either you look the part or you don’t. And he didn’t.
  • Options

Greatest QB recruit of all time!!! How many of you ball washers jerked off to him? More than the amount of Doogs that jerked off to Huard.

You suck at this.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

When he stepped onto the field for the first time years ago I wrote to the fellas via text, this guy is not it. Massive stupid looking helmet. Never remember anyone with a giant dome being a good QB.

Also looked like he’d never played football until this year which still felt overly mechanical and stiff.

The helmet thing is something I never realized until I read this and actually laughed out loud. I think there was plenty of pessimism about Huard among the non-doogs so I was curious about Thompson. The Twitter fluffing was pretty unbelievable.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    flatus said:

I think the last recruit I jerked off to was Haloti Ngata. Maybe Jonathan Stewart, partly because it pissed off UW. Since then, stars are nice but let's see it on the field.
    As far as any Oregon recruits I can ever remember the one I remember seeming like it was a giant deal was De'Anthony Thomas. It seemed he at the very least would be a dude who gets a few highlight reels plays a year even if he was just a corner and a returner and it had to sting USC bad.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,486
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I was told by a quook here that Ty was looking good though?

Weird.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,341
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Oregon is a recruiting school - not in the smack talk sense, ok in the smack talk sense, but also in reality. Any coach they hire recruits a roster of 4 stars going back to Bellotti and guys like La Mike and De Anthony who might have been Chip but still. They out recruit UW on paper rather easily

And then Dan brings his SEC toughness and Oregon was supposed to be a physical ball club. Mario started the SEC West thing to be fair

Which was why Booger and I were so shocked that little old Worshington who can't recruit had a better O line and D line than Oregon. And QB and receivers. And running back. And secondary (barely)

Now we have Oregon fans pointing to next year and an empty Husky cupboard against the 4 star onslaught.

I'm not convinced the Husky run is over.
  • Options

Oregon is a recruiting school - not in the smack talk sense, ok in the smack talk sense, but also in reality. Any coach they hire recruits a roster of 4 stars going back to Bellotti and guys like La Mike and De Anthony who might have been Chip but still. They out recruit UW on paper rather easily

And then Dan brings his SEC toughness and Oregon was supposed to be a physical ball club. Mario started the SEC West thing to be fair

Which was why Booger and I were so shocked that little old Worshington who can't recruit had a better O line and D line than Oregon. And QB and receivers. And running back. And secondary (barely)

Now we have Oregon fans pointing to next year and an empty Husky cupboard against the 4 star onslaught.

The first part of this is unbelievably incorrect.

Oregon wasn’t recruiting at the top of the charts until Mrs. Creepy arrived.

Not even close.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

There's no question that Oregon has been average to below average in player development. Especially QB. Ducks have had 1 decent QB recruit since Mariota (Herbert), and his college career was meager compared to what it should have been.

Crisco and Lanning have had better lines than most Duck teams of old. The Washington line play has been spotty but great when needed. It was phenomenal in the CCG. Totally owned Oregon and the LOS all game.

I'm not counting Washington out of anything next year until I see losses* on the field. DeBoer just wins.

*actual losses vs eye test and/or FanDuel ones
  • Options

The helmet thing is something I never realized until I read this and actually laughed out loud. I think there was plenty of pessimism about Huard among the non-doogs so I was curious about Thompson. The Twitter fluffing was pretty unbelievable.
    In defense…

One thing I’ve noticed recently is DAWG fans bringing Twitter fights onto this site.

The same thing in reverse was true when UW sucked. The Twitter doogs drooled over the same kind of stuff.

The very few of us that post here are generally not Twitter quooks.

There’s a reason we are here and not Twitter.

• Options
    Standard Supporter

Not even close.
    Did Bellotti ever have a top 20 class? I think we were consistently #20-35 or thereabouts under him. Chip had one class close to top 10 but most were outside the top 20 as well.

UW was usually ahead of Oregon until about 2008. Even under Sark, UW had allegedly better classes than Oregon a few tims.

• Options
    flatus said:

Not even close.
    Did Bellotti ever have a top 20 class? I think we were consistently #20-35 or thereabouts under him. Chip had one class close to top 10 but most were outside the top 20 as well.

Sounds about right.
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,560
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Bellotti had like 1 class inside the top 20 and that was when 2004ish he signed all those kids from De La Salle
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,341
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    So I was right

Knight built the first Hookers and Blow center for Iron Mike
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,560
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Chips classes were routinely top 15