Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Playoff selection shows how fucked we'd be if we didn't get the Big 10 invite

Sandra6Sandra6 Member Posts: 150
edited December 2023 in Hardcore Husky Board
Just look at Alabama's results this year. They barely cling on to beat 6-6 USF, 7-5 Texas A&M and 4-8 Arkansas. Then they get a total miracle win in the last regular season game vs a 6-6 Auburn team fresh off a loss to New Mexico State, which has been at the bottom 3 of SP+ and FPI almost every year for the last 7-10 years alongside UConn and UMass. This is on top of a 10 point home loss to Texas. Yet they get a playoff bid over a 13-0 ACC team. And this is in a year where the ACC went 6-4 against the SEC, and FSU themselves beat 2 SEC teams.

And, for in case you've forgotten, UW was actually behind FSU before their QB injury. If FSU's QB hadn't get hurt, the playoffs would be Michigan, FSU, Texas and Alabama and 13-0 Washington would be shut out. We'd constantly hear about Alabama's quality loss to Texas, how our performances against Arizona, Oregon State and Washington State were so much worse than Alabama's bad performances, and how Alabama performed that Jesus-like miracle by ending UGA's 29 game winning streak.

Bottom line: They're trying to shut out any team not in the SEC or Big 10 from having a chance at the national championship.

They're going to prefer SEC teams over everybody else in playoff selections, but at least we won't be totally constantly screwed over like the non-"Power 2" conferences will be.

Comments

• BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,221
    Sandra6 said:

Just look at Alabama's results this year. They barely cling on to beat 6-6 USF, 7-5 Texas A&M and 4-8 Arkansas. Then they get a total miracle win in the last regular season game vs a 6-6 Auburn team fresh off a loss to New Mexico State, which has been at the bottom 3 of SP+ and FPI almost every year for the last 7-10 years alongside UConn and UMass. This is on top of a 10 point home loss to Texas. Yet they get a playoff bid over a 13-0 ACC team. And this is in a year where the ACC went 6-4 against the SEC, and FSU themselves beat 2 SEC teams.

And, for in case you've forgotten, UW was actually behind FSU before their QB injury. If FSU's QB hadn't get hurt, the playoffs would be Michigan, FSU, Texas and Alabama and 13-0 Washington would be shut out. We'd constantly hear about Alabama's quality loss to Texas, how our performances against Arizona, Oregon State and Washington State were so much worse than Alabama's bad performances, and how Alabama performed that Jesus-like miracle by ending UGA's 29 game winning streak.

Bottom line: They're trying to shut out any team not in the SEC or Big 10 from having a chance at the national championship.

They're going to prefer SEC teams over everybody else in playoff selections, but at least we won't be totally constantly screwed over like the non-"Power 2" conferences will be.

UW would be left out barring Travis' injury, and yet we sit at #2 in the rankings. You are an idiot.
  • PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,415 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2023
    Lol UW doesn’t get left out if even if Travis does not get hurt.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    you must be knew hear. at HH we dont deal in hypotheticals
  • gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,729 Swaye's Wigwam

I’m just trying to figure out why this post hasn’t mentioned Rutgers or Maryland.

im still tryin to figure out how jersey and maryland got an invite to the union before washington did.
    media markets and dumbfuckery (no one in NYC gives a fuck about Rutgers that didn't go there... and even then many do not).
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,718 Swaye's Wigwam
    Sandra6 said:

Are you the ghost of PLSS because I haven't seen takes this bad since he died
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,590 Founders Club
    phineas said:

Sandra6 said:

But UW got in, and you're still complaining
    i am too. its nice uw got in but this situation is fucked and it was setting up all year to fuck either uw fsu or both, meanwhile everyone told both schools to just relax, the committee wont fuck you.
    I'm not saying @Sandra6 isn't right. I'm just saying that if you look at every one of her posts, its glass half empty on everything.
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,324 Swaye's Wigwam

phineas said:

Sandra6 said:

i am too. its nice uw got in but this situation is fucked and it was setting up all year to fuck either uw fsu or both, meanwhile everyone told both schools to just relax, the committee wont fuck you.
    I'm not saying @Sandra6 isn't right. I'm just saying that if you look at every one of her posts, its glass half empty on everything.
    I would say this is the probably one and only situation where UW benefitted from Oregon getting overhyped. The media spent almost two months fluffing Oregon and asking if they were the best team in the country and then UW beat them a second time, and convincingly, in a neutral venue. Would have been hard to leave UW at that point.

I had to point out we were bitching about something that DIDNT happen on the pod, but Stalin had a good point that had UW gotten Arizona instead of Oregon in the championship game format that UW would have been much more open to getting left out, especially if FSU didn't have the QB injury.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,572 Founders Club

Sandra6 said:

Are you the ghost of PLSS because I haven't seen takes this bad since he died
    Is she wrong? They clearly favor the SEC and to a lesser degree, the Big 10. I held out hope they might use merit and not media hype, injuries, and TV ratings, but it's clear the sport is completely broken.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,949 Swaye's Wigwam

phineas said:

Sandra6 said:

She is wrong. UW had to win out and beat Oregon a second time and they were in. Guaranteed. Either FSU or bamma would've been left out.