Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Are we Recruiting again? Fischer of Men Recruiting Thread - (Thread links)

Comments

• Options
    PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,457
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Don't twist but I'm hearing from my sources that Tim Tebow is attempting to enter the transfer portal and cristobals are predicting Liberty as the likely landing spot.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,867
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Why the fuck is Platt going to Oregon and not UW? Big Nike bag?

I don't think he was ever interested in uw and I don't think uw wasted time on him.
    Platt is Bo Nix lite.
    He’s part of the Aryan Brotherhood?
    He's from Yelm. More likely the Ramtha School of Enlightenment
    @TommySQC???!!?? True??!!??
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,131
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

0KG
    Christ lol

That explains Oregon
    Another question is why has this not been brought up once by anybody?
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,959
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Is Jerhico Johnson still in play?
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,510
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

I don't think he was ever interested in uw and I don't think uw wasted time on him.
    Platt is Bo Nix lite.
    He’s part of the Aryan Brotherhood?
    He's from Yelm. More likely the Ramtha School of Enlightenment
    I remember my high school basketball camp at my school growing up we hosted about 15 schools from around the state and Yelm were always the biggest assholes. I think we finally might have uninvited them one year when they were having their varsity team also play JV games to "get as many games as possible" and were beating teams by like 70.
  • Options
    sinceredawgsinceredawg Member Posts: 774
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    NEsnake12 said:

Spanking the Quooks on the field is 1000x better but the ceiling should be higher. I hope DeBoer figures out how to get kids like this to give us the time of day in the first place

Unca sweatshop duck gonna by himself a championship yet
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,520
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter

NEsnake12 said:

Spanking the Quooks on the field is 1000x better but the ceiling should be higher. I hope DeBoer figures out how to get kids like this to give us the time of day in the first place

I would almost rather pay 4-5 good players/ceiling guys on the DL then put all the eggs in one basket to fix my DL. You can can get like 2 good DTs and 2 good DEs for the amount of money he's going to command.
    I'd take either really. UW is pretty good at NT / DT with Tuitele and Bandes coming back but 3-tech is more uncertain with Tuli leaving. Jayvon Parker may not be ready (or explosive enough) and Anthony James probably isn't either. Regarding Edge, it will be fun to see Durfee for the first time while Holtzclaw and Lane have flashed. Voi Tuunufi is back too and Carter will probably play on passing downs as a true frosh.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,617
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

HFNY said:

NEsnake12 said:

I would almost rather pay 4-5 good players/ceiling guys on the DL then put all the eggs in one basket to fix my DL. You can can get like 2 good DTs and 2 good DEs for the amount of money he's going to command.
    I'd take either really. UW is pretty good at NT / DT with Tuitele and Bandes coming back but 3-tech is more uncertain with Tuli leaving. Jayvon Parker may not be ready (or explosive enough) and Anthony James probably isn't either. Regarding Edge, it will be fun to see Durfee for the first time while Holtzclaw and Lane have flashed. Voi Tuunufi is back too and Carter will probably play on passing downs as a true frosh.
    That's a pretty doogish outlook for the guys coming back. I don't have a lot of confidence in the returnees on the front 4. All fine as depth guys but no proven playmakers or reason to believe they are ready to be.
    Have to agree. Tuitele and Bandes have been at UW for a while now and still seem like no more than depth pieces. I wouldn't rule out a nice improvement from one or both of them but counting on it seems like bad policy.

I don't think Tunufi is that effective lined up outside. He's a better inside rusher and disruptor. An established OLB would be a good pickup.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,980
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    chuck said:

HFNY said:

NEsnake12 said:

That's a pretty doogish outlook for the guys coming back. I don't have a lot of confidence in the returnees on the front 4. All fine as depth guys but no proven playmakers or reason to believe they are ready to be.
    Have to agree. Tuitele and Bandes have been at UW for a while now and still seem like no more than depth pieces. I wouldn't rule out a nice improvement from one or both of them but counting on it seems like bad policy.

I don't think Tunufi is that effective lined up outside. He's a better inside rusher and disruptor. An established OLB would be a good pickup.
    Tunufi has carved out a nice role and is effective in limited snaps. Tuitele was better as a pass rushing interior linemen as an underclassmen. Maybe he recaptures that. Regardless they need an impact guy or two.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

HFNY said:

NEsnake12 said:

Bandes isn't coming back so I can lower my Doogish-ness.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,572
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I’m starting to think this amoeba, positionless defensive front is what Morrel might be leaning to. 255-280lbs types to put pressure on passers and deal with mobile QBs. Great in the P12 or B12, not sure I like it in the B10 or in playoffbgames against SEC teams. EWIWBI
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

I’m starting to think this amoeba, positionless defensive front is what Morrel might be leaning to. 255-280lbs types to put pressure on passers and deal with mobile QBs. Great in the P12 or B12, not sure I like it in the B10 or in playoffbgames against SEC teams. EWIWBI
    But they still recruit some beef. Davis is redshirting this year: https://gohuskies.com/sports/football/roster/elinneus--davis/14879

Omar Khan may be over 270 now and could easily get to 300+ after a redshirt year.

And though Oregon may buy him, UW still has a shot at Jericho Johnson. He is a 300 pounder who moves well.

And this guy just entered the portal after redshirting. UW offered him for the 2023 class:

https://247sports.com/Player/tevita-pomee-46128430/