Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jimmy Lake

2»

Comments

• Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,987
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    phineas said:

the fake outrage about lake "hitting" a player really pissed me off.

ya ya i know, it was a convenient excuse to get him out of here but god damn that was corny

It got you one of the best seasons in school history as a result. He was cratering the program. I don't feel bad even though it was weak.
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,993
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

I see that working somehow. Guy may never be a head coach again, but he has an impressive list of guys he’s helped get to the NFL.

Smiff is building a perennial 8-4 staff
    Idk man, he looks pretty good. Maybe 9-3 given how challenged they are offensively in big 10. Can see him competing for the big 10 tittle every 3-4 years
    8-4 in the big 10 is good.
    Iowa was 10-2 bruh, u think that team is good?? Holyshit what was painful game to watch them against Michigan
    And a team like Iowa isn't ever going 10-2 in the
    B1G again. The west was the biggest clown division in sports and Iowa is slotting back into obscurity now they'll play an actual TUFF schedule again.

MSU has more potential, but contending every 3-4 years is a bit generous given the strength of competition.
    If I recall correctly, Iowa has three protected rivals that suck so they are guaranteed at least 3 easy games per year. Still, they are doomed.
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,196
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    FireCohen said:

Pretty sure we still paying him to do nothing

Maybe someday, you will understand

That something for nothing is everybody’s plan
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    phineas said:

the fake outrage about lake "hitting" a player really pissed me off.

ya ya i know, it was a convenient excuse to get him out of here but god damn that was corny

soft society

TITTT Bill
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    EwaDawg said:

FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

I see that working somehow. Guy may never be a head coach again, but he has an impressive list of guys he’s helped get to the NFL.

Smiff is building a perennial 8-4 staff
    Idk man, he looks pretty good. Maybe 9-3 given how challenged they are offensively in big 10. Can see him competing for the big 10 tittle every 3-4 years
    8-4 in the big 10 is good.
    Iowa was 10-2 bruh, u think that team is good?? Holyshit what was painful game to watch them against Michigan
    And a team like Iowa isn't ever going 10-2 in the
    B1G again. The west was the biggest clown division in sports and Iowa is slotting back into obscurity now they'll play an actual TUFF schedule again.

MSU has more potential, but contending every 3-4 years is a bit generous given the strength of competition.
    If I recall correctly, Iowa has three protected rivals that suck so they are guaranteed at least 3 easy games per year. Still, they are doomed.
    Iowa playing chess
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

If Lake gets hired, we stop paying him, right?

If so, Smith is doing us a double service since we'd free up some cash and get to kick his ass twice every 5 years

I have no idea how it works but I’ve always understood the buyouts to work like this:

Coach gets $3 million/year in buyout money.

Coach gets new job paying $500,000.

Buyout money from school is now $2.5 million.

Again, that’s just my understanding. I have no idea how the money works out because I’ve always been paid in nacho cheese sauce.
    That's correct. Lake is with the rams but making like $100k so we're still on the hook.
    A reminder that he could have been let go with cause after striking a player on national TV.

Thanks Jen!
    We are stuck with another year of Hopkins thanks to this chincompetence