Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Updated Post Regular Season Stay/Go

WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,561
5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
Swaye's Wigwam
We got four weeks to dick around with hypotheticals. Now how do you think about the guys who could go early to the NFL or stay?

RB DJ 51% back. RB just isn't that valued in the NFL right now so he could make a good chunk in NIL and assume he won't be a big underwear olympics guy. Could be interesting if he stars in the CFP though.

WR Odunze 100% gone

WR McMillan 51% back. Feel like he could be a first rounder with a healthy big year next year. How he looks in the CFP will be interesting though. Blow up and he's gone I think.

WR Polk 51% back. Thought he was closer to 75% before the off games. Feel like he could become a first rounder if he's THE guy next year.

T Fautanu - 100% gone

T Rosengarten - 75% back and wonder if they're looking to move him to LT next year

DE Trice - 100% gone had my doubts earlier in the year but he's undeniable and making an impact almost every play

CB Muhammad - 51% back Really interesting one here as he's mega small supposedly but man he's been fantastic at times down the stretch

I've heard talk about there being some way Tuli can come back but I don't think so and I think his knee thing is chronic.

Comments

• Options
    houseofpain247houseofpain247 Member Posts: 151
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Standard Supporter
    I think I probably lean more towards Polk leaving. Maybe a 75%.

I don't think Tuli will be back. Will be interesting to see if he tries the NFL? I agree that his knee seems to be chronic and may prevent him from playing next level.

I'm so damn confused about who has eligibility due to the rona year and redshirts.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,629
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2023
    Canadawg said:

McKillan back
    Just a feeling but I think this is the least likely
    Rosy back
    Pay the man

Muhammad back
    Pay him too
    DJ back
    And him

I think Polk is about a tossup.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,629
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    ntxduck said:

McMillan and Polk I am guessing will wait to see who UW gets in the portal at qb. If it’s a qb who can get them the ball (Rogers, ward), they’d be smart to come back. If UW is gonna roll out dmo or gets an uninspiring portal qb, they should go nfl this year

Yeah that's probably accurate. I don't see anything wrong with joining the league as a mid round wide receiver. Personally I think that would be my choice in their situation.

Then again I don't know what kind of money is really available to them to stay. If it's over a million for a season I'd change my mind. College isn't a bad place to be if you're a financially solvent 21 year old. At least I assume so.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    ntxduck said:

McMillan and Polk I am guessing will wait to see who UW gets in the portal at qb. If it’s a qb who can get them the ball (Rogers, ward), they’d be smart to come back. If UW is gonna roll out dmo or gets an uninspiring portal qb, they should go nfl this year

This, but I think Polk is almost 75% gone. The issue, it is a deep WR class so he might stay.
    Will probably need half a mill bag for NIL
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

We got four weeks to dick around with hypotheticals. Now how do you think about the guys who could go early to the NFL or stay?

RB DJ 51% back. RB just isn't that valued in the NFL right now so he could make a good chunk in NIL and assume he won't be a big underwear olympics guy. Could be interesting if he stars in the CFP though.

WR Odunze 100% gone

WR McMillan 51% back. Feel like he could be a first rounder with a healthy big year next year. How he looks in the CFP will be interesting though. Blow up and he's gone I think.

WR Polk 51% back. Thought he was closer to 75% before the off games. Feel like he could become a first rounder if he's THE guy next year.

T Fautanu - 100% gone

T Rosengarten - 75% back and wonder if they're looking to move him to LT next year

DE Trice - 100% gone had my doubts earlier in the year but he's undeniable and making an impact almost every play

CB Muhammad - 51% back Really interesting one here as he's mega small supposedly but man he's been fantastic at times down the stretch

I've heard talk about there being some way Tuli can come back but I don't think so and I think his knee thing is chronic.

DJ has a kid so guessing he's gone unless we invest bigly. Which we might. I'll say 75% gone.

Rome - Couldn't be more gone if he were PLSS. W/respect, RIP, Ts and PS, etc.

McMillan 75% back. Can rebuild his stock with another year. Would take a massive next two games to change that. Which is certainly in the realm of possibility.

Polk 55% back. The two near goose eggs back to back so late in the year hurt him bigly. I was convinced he was gone before that. Like Jalen a couple big playoff games will change that rather easily.

Troy - so gone

Roger - 60% back.

Trice - Adios

Muhammad - Hardest one to get a read on for me. I'll call it 51% gone. I'm not sure he's capable of putting up much better tape than he did this year. Might need to buy him back.

Tuli - can't fathom a path for him to come back.
  • Options
    Rome and Trice have nothing to prove and don’t gain much from staying. I remember Ikaika saying that Trice will be better than tryon. Man was he right, dude has fucking motor and is not tired
  • Options
    Postal91Postal91 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,731
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Canadawg said:

The NIL era is here fellas

This is one aspect of NIL that I love. Great players that may receive mid/late round grades staying to make more money in college than the pros. Get degree, help team, wins all around…. Until they want to enter the transfer portal and you need to find that money.
  • Options
    dnc said:

FireCohen said:

Rome and Trice have nothing to prove and don’t gain much from staying. I remember Ikaika saying that Trice will be better than tryon. Man was he right, dude has fucking motor and is not tired

Bring Ikaika home.
    he could recruit and coach dline
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

WR Odunze 100% gone

T Fautanu - 100% gone

DJ has a kid so guessing he's gone unless we invest bigly. Which we might. I'll say 75% gone.

McMillan 75% back. Can rebuild his stock with another year. Would take a massive next two games to change that. Which is certainly in the realm of possibility.

Polk 55% back. The two near goose eggs back to back so late in the year hurt him bigly. I was convinced he was gone before that. Like Jalen a couple big playoff games will change that rather easily.

Troy - so gone

Roger - 60% back.

Trice - Adios

Muhammad - Hardest one to get a read on for me. I'll call it 51% gone. I'm not sure he's capable of putting up much better tape than he did this year. Might need to buy him back.

Tulis a senior isn't he
  • Options

Canadawg said:

dnc said:

WR Odunze 100% gone

T Fautanu - 100% gone

Troy - so gone

Roger - 60% back.

Trice - Adios

Tulis a senior isn't he
    Did we? Burn his redshirt in 2019 or not?

Edit: he gone

Letuligasenoa, a fifth-year defensive tackle and one of the Huskies’ most underrated — and most important — defensive players, said in his typical quiet, understated way that he plans to return to school for his final year of eligibility in 2023.
    didnt; covid give him a 6th year if we wants it? Poor kid played bangged up all year, hope the next 2-4 weeks gets his injury better
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,797
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    FireCohen said:

Canadawg said:

dnc said:

WR Odunze 100% gone

T Fautanu - 100% gone

Troy - so gone

Roger - 60% back.

Trice - Adios

Tulis a senior isn't he

Letuligasenoa, a fifth-year defensive tackle and one of the Huskies’ most underrated — and most important — defensive players, said in his typical quiet, understated way that he plans to return to school for his final year of eligibility in 2023.
    didnt; covid give him a 6th year if we wants it? Poor kid played bangged up all year, hope the next 2-4 weeks gets his injury better
    His knees have been shot for awhile now. He's a husky legend forever.
  • Options

FireCohen said:

Canadawg said:

dnc said:

WR Odunze 100% gone

T Fautanu - 100% gone

Troy - so gone

Roger - 60% back.

Trice - Adios

Tulis a senior isn't he

His knees have been shot for awhile now. He's a husky legend forever.
    this season makes them a legends for sure
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,265
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    FireCohen said:

Canadawg said:

dnc said:

WR Odunze 100% gone

T Fautanu - 100% gone

Troy - so gone

Roger - 60% back.

Trice - Adios

Tulis a senior isn't he

This is his extra covid year.