Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

GrundleGifskins: Oregon P12 Title Game [2023]

1235»

Comments

• Options
    HuskyHalfBrainHuskyHalfBrain Member Posts: 1,160
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Need to find another Penix, Rome and Westover somewhere then pay DJ and Troy to stay for another year.
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,528
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LawDawg1 said:

Nix is better than Browning. Credit is where credit is due. Browning takes the sack or throws a pick there. Otherwise, looks exactly the same.
    There were bad moments but overall this was one of the better officiated Pac-12 games I can remember. Case in point here I was just waiting for Powell to get targeting here. Also was ready for them to fuck up his interception.
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,528
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

LawDawg1 said:

Nix is better than Browning. Credit is where credit is due. Browning takes the sack or throws a pick there. Otherwise, looks exactly the same.
    There were bad moments but overall this was one of the better officiated Pac-12 games I can remember. Case in point here I was just waiting for Powell to get targeting here. Also was ready for them to fuck up his interception.
    I disagree. This game was a reffing horror show for a variety of reasons:

- McMillan beats a Duck CB in the first half and gets held, badly. Penix throws a bomb that McMillan cant get to. At minimum automatic first, if not a back breaking TD. No call and UW punts.
    - Blo Dix throws a pass to no mans land while likely in the pocket, no grounding call. Ducks score a TD on that drive. Not even a conversation about it, no replay of the box, nothing.
    - Trice gets held and tackled on a 2nd and long play with Ducks on their own 20 yard line. No call, and Ducks march down the field to score.
    - Ferguson scoop TD catch off the grass. Maybe he caught it...we will never know because there was no replay and no other angle besides the skycam.
    - DPI on Muhammad on a 3rd down Nix misfire. This one Fowler and Herbsteit actually said was pretty soft. Ducks score a TD on this drive instead of a long field goal attempt.

I am usually not a wef blamer, but this was actually the biggest fuck job of the season against UW. I was fuming. There is a legit argument we were robbed of a TD and Oregon was given a TD due to the refs in this game.
    Didn't think it was good and it's a pathetically low bar. I think one thing I did notice with the Pac-12 wefs this year is toning down the targeting calls. There were a few times Nix just chucked the ball and I don't know if he even knew there was a receiver but I also feel like the wefs are hesitant to call grounding and look for any reason not to.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Bob_C said:

Rome 1st down

GIF Link: https://i.imgur.com/10jCWPY.gif
    The McMillan chain mover on 3rd downs may have been what was missing all along.
    Agree, the offense is just so much more dynamic
  • Options

DJ toss TD

GIF Link: https://i.imgur.com/v20U4Bj.gif
    He looks so off balance running but yet he is balanced. Really bizarre running style
  • Options
    Michael’s deep ball is special, so effortless and goes like 50 plus yards
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    What the hell am I doing with my bandwidth massacre? Should just outsource.
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,940
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

What the hell am I doing with my bandwidth massacre? Should just outsource.

I missed Johnson's block on the QB sweep in real time. Dirty shit.

• Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,337
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Every time I watch those run plays, it’s like Oregon is playing the role of the Washington Generals to UW’s Harlem Globetrotters. It’s like the Duck defenders are purposely in spots that allow UW to make the perfect blocks with perfect execution. It’s beautiful, and I have to think there could be NFL futures for UW’s offensive coaching staff.

Dominant stuff.