Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I'm calling it now

2»

Comments

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,005
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    SECDAWG said:

whlinder said:

whlinder said:

I am so rooting for the 13-0 Michigan/tOSU, 13-0 FSU, 13-0 UW, 12-1 Texas and 12-1 Bama + Georgia just to see what the committee does.

That scenario probably deprives us of a traditional Rose Bowl though

Right or wrong, they will not deprive Bama of a spot if the Crimson Tide wins the SEC title game with one loss
    And the justification for that is?

Why even play the games if it's just a beauty pageant on recruiting rankings?
    If they're 12-1 and have beaten Georgia, you think a playoff spot is completely unwarranted?
    Of course I, along with even many across the nation from every conference would absolutely think Bama going 12-1 and winning the SECCG would think it’s warranted for Bama to be in the playoffs, even if it was at # 4(Bama was #4 and didn’t even play in the SECCG and won it all 2017-2018)……to include the CFP committee. No way they get left out.

However, it WILL be verrry interesting should FSU finish undefeated and Texas win out and the LIL 12 CCG with 1 loss. I think the PAC Champ should it be undefeated WA or 1 loss UO and BIG Champ OSU/MI are locks at this point. CFP committee will be in a big time bind on that TX VS Bama choice present day VS past head to head. I wouldn’t even count GA Out should they lose a close game to Bama with that 1 loss if chaos ensues the next three games. But something tells me they won’t have to worry about it over the next 3 games for everyone.

But if that scenario does happen Bama winning SECCG with 1 loss, FSU undefeated and TX 1 loss CC…..

Wow, that’s be a hell of a scenario.

Bama beats UGA and they’re in probably as the 4 seed although I could see the committee tinkering with the rankings to get a B1G vs PAC Rose Bowl.

Undefeated B1G champ is in, probably as the 1 seed.

Undefeated FSU is in, probably the 2 seed.

Undefeated PAC champ is in as 3 seed.

Same scenario as above but PAC champ is a 1 loss team? Fuck…
  • Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

SECDAWG said:

whlinder said:

whlinder said:

I am so rooting for the 13-0 Michigan/tOSU, 13-0 FSU, 13-0 UW, 12-1 Texas and 12-1 Bama + Georgia just to see what the committee does.

Right or wrong, they will not deprive Bama of a spot if the Crimson Tide wins the SEC title game with one loss
    And the justification for that is?

Why even play the games if it's just a beauty pageant on recruiting rankings?
    If they're 12-1 and have beaten Georgia, you think a playoff spot is completely unwarranted?
    Of course I, along with even many across the nation from every conference would absolutely think Bama going 12-1 and winning the SECCG would think it’s warranted for Bama to be in the playoffs, even if it was at # 4(Bama was #4 and didn’t even play in the SECCG and won it all 2017-2018)……to include the CFP committee. No way they get left out.

However, it WILL be verrry interesting should FSU finish undefeated and Texas win out and the LIL 12 CCG with 1 loss. I think the PAC Champ should it be undefeated WA or 1 loss UO and BIG Champ OSU/MI are locks at this point. CFP committee will be in a big time bind on that TX VS Bama choice present day VS past head to head. I wouldn’t even count GA Out should they lose a close game to Bama with that 1 loss if chaos ensues the next three games. But something tells me they won’t have to worry about it over the next 3 games for everyone.

But if that scenario does happen Bama winning SECCG with 1 loss, FSU undefeated and TX 1 loss CC…..

Wow, that’s be a hell of a scenario.

Bama beats UGA and they’re in probably as the 4 seed although I could see the committee tinkering with the rankings to get a B1G vs PAC Rose Bowl.

Undefeated B1G champ is in, probably as the 1 seed.

Undefeated FSU is in, probably the 2 seed.

Undefeated PAC champ is in as 3 seed.

Same scenario as above but PAC champ is a 1 loss team? Fuck…
    PAC too good as a conference this year and everyone knows it, everywhere. Undefeated PAC Champ WA is IN, no questions asked. 1 Loss CC Oregon, TX or Bama with undefeated FSU and likely undefeated BIG(caus MI and OSU play in same division)??? Hmmmm….I could see where they may tinker with UO should they win out and TX and Bama with 1 loss CC.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    They’re breaking some of it down on “SEC Now” on SEC Network this morning.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,601
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Even though they're currently ranked #8 in the AP, Alabama will win the 2023 National Championship.

I think being counted out since early in the season has been good for them.

Just a hunch.

I've had the same feeling for a few weeks now. They got the QB figured out and have tons of talent everywhere.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,313
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    From a non-conference play perspective, LSU lost to FSU, Bama lost to Texas, Florida lost to Utah, A&M lost to Miami.

So hanging their hat on Missouri over K-State? Mississippi St over Arizona in overtime before Arizona was SERIOUS is a pretty good win. Ole Miss beat Tulane, which is a good win. And yes, Georgia will kill GaTech.

It's basically giving Georgia and Bama the benefit of the doubt because of who their coaches are, what their recruits are rated and who they play for. Oh, and the eye test.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,728
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Not to worry - chaos arrives this weekend

ISU over Texas

WASHINGTON wins

SEC winner
    B1G winner
    FSU
    Washington

In no particular order
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,517
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

ISU over Texas

WASHINGTON wins

SEC winner
    B1G winner
    FSU
    Washington

In no particular order

Ames in November is dangerous
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    so a 1 loss pac12 champion ducks makes it but, it seems like a 1 loss pac12 champ UW doesnt make it. am i understanding this narrative being set up right?
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,249
    Founders Club

phineas said:

so a 1 loss pac12 champion ducks makes it but, it seems like a 1 loss pac12 champ UW doesnt make it. am i understanding this narrative being set up right?

Yes

The Seaver Narrative

That sounds so formal and important
  • Options

ISU over Texas

WASHINGTON wins

SEC winner
    B1G winner
    FSU
    Washington

In no particular order

Same. Texas winning out will throw the wrench. But this is what I’ve been saying here ^^^.

Doubt two teams from BIG or SEC get in THIS year. PAC is stronger than before and no one teetering really on 2 losses. FSU is marching. They still have to go to the Swamp, which may not mean much THIS year, however, UTah found out last year and there’s nothing the Gators would love to do than spoil FSU in the swamp. Then a TOUGH Louisville team.

TX has to get through Ames, Tech or someone and then beat OU, fOSU or OU in Lil 12 CCG.

A lot still TBD, for sure.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,249
    Founders Club

whlinder said:

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,898
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    It's hard to take this sport seriously

in fact, I don't take it seriously
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,313
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter

whlinder said:

whlinder said:

@whlinder and @DerekJohnson dialed in two weeks ago.
    Sadly the answer to what would the committee do was to declare that since FSU’s QB broke his leg they couldn’t possibly beat top 5 teams.
  • Options
    edited December 2023

Even though they're currently ranked #8 in the AP, Alabama will win the 2023 National Championship.

I think being counted out since early in the season has been good for them.

Just a hunch.

Without a doubt. Everyone calling for his demise after the TX and South Florida games, looked like garbage at home VS Hogs but since then? Just getting better and better. They have a gimmie this week and then an improving Fighting Freezes rival at Auby. Should finish the season strong with only the one L.

Georgia goes to Tennerc and then at GTech.

Saban has done an an amazing job since first of the season with new qb’s, new OC, DC and overall team.

Will be a helluva SECCG.

You did. We did.

Pat ourselves on the back.