Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What a difference a year makes…

MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
If this is 2024 I’m waiting to see who we get in the playoffs next weekend and still buzzing.

AND seeing us at -1.5 on Fan Duel.

Comments

• Options
    Just to end the season bantz.

We’d be playing Missouri at home next weekend.

The 12 team playoff would have been immense this season in particular. Too bad.

Imaginary Game U.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,203
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    This season changed the 12 team playoff from great more teams to lose to Bama or Georgia to wow it would be cool

I'm looking forward to it I guess. What choice do I have?
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

This season changed the 12 team playoff from great more teams to lose to Bama or Georgia to wow it would be cool

They need to do something with the Championship games, maybe try to tie them in somehow into the first round of they playoffs.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SFGbob said:

They need to do something with the Championship games, maybe try to tie them in somehow into the first round of they playoffs.
    Yeah that's going to be an issue
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,944
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    So is the championship game going to be on January 25th now?

The 13th and 14th teams are going to go nuts now, because they'll slide an 8-4 Tennessee or Kentucky over a 10-2 K State. We've seen the precedent.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

Take the rankings at the end of the season to determine who plays who. But the conferences aren't going to be happy giving up the revenue generated by those Championship games.

Did you go to the game? Painful to admit but you guys looked really good. Very impressive with your line play on both sides of the ball.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,430
    Swaye's Wigwam

Conspiracy theory that this is part of leaving FSU out is to bolster the "Well if we only had a 12 team playoff!" calls.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Take the rankings at the end of the season to determine who plays who. But the conferences aren't going to be happy giving up the revenue generated by those Championship games.

Did you go to the game? Painful to admit but you guys looked really good. Very impressive with your line play on both sides of the ball.
    I didn't go but that was a hell of a crowd.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

The title games are going to be a hell of an issue.

Sure, winners win and you can play your way into a bye or a home game but too many other teams are gonna get a bye just for not being as good.

Ohio State (gets home game)
    Penn State
    Missouri
    Mississippi
    Oklahoma

Would have all had byes this week. Meanwhile Oregon, as an example, would have lost 2-3 more players for the privilege of playing an extra game while Mizzou gets a week off.
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,148
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

UW would just beat Oregon by 3 again.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,464
    Founders Club

There's no reason to have 12 teams. if we have to have a playoff, then 8 teams is a good amount. Having more is just about revenue.
  • Options

There's no reason to have 12 teams. if we have to have a playoff, then 8 teams is a good amount. Having more is just about revenue.
    Can’t wait for people to absolutely lose their shit on who’s 12,13,14 next year.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    What is going to happen to the bowls?
  • Options
    Founders Club

Can’t wait for people to absolutely lose their shit on who’s 12,13,14 next year.
    Here's a bold prediction: Missouri, Tennessee, LSU, Old Piss, or some SEC team will get in as the 12th team and a more deserving team or teams will get left out. Then we'll hear how there are 13 deserving teams, but someone had to get left out. Oklahoma State's quarterback is injured, so they aren't one of the 12 best right now. The whole thing is a joke.
  • Options

Here's a bold prediction: Missouri, Tennessee, LSU, Old Piss, or some SEC team will get in as the 12th team and a more deserving team or teams will get left out. Then we'll hear how there are 13 deserving teams, but someone had to get left out. Oklahoma State's quarterback is injured, so they aren't one of the 12 best right now. The whole thing is a joke.
    Absolutely but we’re talking about who’s #12 at that point. Not 4.

I wouldn’t feel like finishing #12 is an overly successful season yet we’re all going to light ourselves on fire one year from today for that very reason.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The 69th best college basketball team and I chuckled