Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Rewatched the game

EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,491
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Founders Club
I rewatched the 4th quarter Friday night. Well, Saturday morning technically. I rewatched the whole thing tonight. Here are my thoughts:

1. I’m so fucking happy for Jalen McMillan. We don’t know what all that kid went through, but for him to have that game in that situation was absolutely huge, and I couldn’t be happier for him. He’s a killer on crossing and out routes. He should have had a TD to put us up 17-0 early, but Penix made a shit throw.

2. Dillon Johnson looked like Marshawn Lynch lite out there. So physical, refused to go down at first contact, and picked up so many yards that other backs wouldn’t. He uses his shoulders as weapons.

3. Kalen Deboer is ice cold. He’s so calm on the sideline. Never too high, never too low, and you can tell it has an impact on the team in high pressure situations. A coach’s demeanor is reflected in his team. Pete was so tight, you couldn’t fit a greased BB up his ass, and his teams always played that way. Deboer exudes calm and confidence. Pay. That. Man. His. Money.

4. Our offensive line is really fucking good. It’s a completely different unit with everyone healthy. There’s no weak link, and they’re all athletic. We need more of what we saw Friday night if we’re going to win it all. I don’t know what their average weight is, but these motherfuckers are ready to rumble.

5. Our defense is completely different with Tuli, Asa, and Kam Fab healthy. I still worry about our penchant for going into prevent and giving up easy scores, but I feel like this defense is the best it’s been all year. I actually have confidence in them, which I didn’t think I’d say this year. If we can get Durfee in for the playoff, that’ll be a nice boost.

6. This team is peaking at the right time. McMillan and Polk have their confidence back, everyone gets time to heal up, and Sark has 4 weeks to mindfuck himself.

7. Why did Bo Nix spend so much time visualizing his game winning drive under his towel even after the game was over?

Comments

• Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,258
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Watching it again now.
  • Options
    HairyBallsDawgHairyBallsDawg Member Posts: 1,012
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

4. Our offensive line is really fucking good. It’s a completely different unit with everyone healthy. There’s no weak link, and they’re all athletic. We need more of what we saw Friday night if we’re going to win it all. I don’t know what their average weight is, but these motherfuckers are ready to rumble.

I need to find the quote but I've mentioned this a few times. After we beat Texas < 365 days ago, at least one of their defenders said our OL was the best they had faced all season.