Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Tybo

Comments

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    edited December 2023
    Jesus, do guys get to girls' place on a first date these days? is that what the young kids are up to.
  • sinceredawgsinceredawg Member Posts: 792
    FireCohen said:

Jesus, do guys get to girls' place on a first date these days? is that what the young kids are up to.

So first the accuser positions the date indicating that she didn't want anything to do with Tybo for months... But then she agrees that they should have a date at her place? So what's the point of starting out saying that you didn't want to date him if you then go 180 and invite him into your home?
  • SkipBoydSkipBoyd Member Posts: 403
    GUILTY! Any evidence provided subsequently is superfluous. No woman EVER lies about rape. ( except all the ones that do, which is about 99% of ‘em).
  • EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,882 Swaye's Wigwam

And then the "this was clear he had done this before". In what objective way could that kind of thing be "clear"?

I've had friends and loved ones traumatized by sexual assault. More than I've known people to be falsely accused. And I have no personal knowledge of any of these parties.

But just looking at the articulations of this accusation... conspicuously odd phrasing in the storytelling. Contra-indicating choices on the part of the storyteller. And then the unsupported conjectures designed to create bias.

Yes, you have to take Tybo off the team until an investigation is fully done. But no one should be snapping to a presumption of guilt on anything here. There's way too much that's blatantly bizarre and unsubstantiated about this account to rush to judgement.

This
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

And then the "this was clear he had done this before". In what objective way could that kind of thing be "clear"?

I've had friends and loved ones traumatized by sexual assault. More than I've known people to be falsely accused. And I have no personal knowledge of any of these parties.

But just looking at the articulations of this accusation... conspicuously odd phrasing in the storytelling. Contra-indicating choices on the part of the storyteller. And then the unsupported conjectures designed to create bias.

Yes, you have to take Tybo off the team until an investigation is fully done. But no one should be snapping to a presumption of guilt on anything here. There's way too much that's blatantly bizarre and unsubstantiated about this account to rush to judgement.

LIPO
  • sinceredawgsinceredawg Member Posts: 792
    She waited til the perfect moment to make her accusation.
  • Postal91Postal91 Member Posts: 1,792

That post by her is really odd. They go to HER place on a 1st date when she agreed, not some place public? Then her roommates left her? (Shitty roommates to leave with someone you may not be comfortable with). Her set up to create bias is strange as someone mentioned, and how does someone post something like this... so private and violating. Let the police handle it and then you can follow up on the story after all is said and done.

Wasn't there a Baylor football player who was wrongfully accused and lost his NFL chances until found not guilty 8 years later or something?

This gave me a flashback to a psycho I dated while at the UDub who threatened to jump off my balcony if I broke up with her. This wasn't the dorms or anything, just a 2nd story apartment off of Roosevelt.... so I almost said 'do a barrel roll'. She was the craziest I had ever dated.... well, top 3, and later in life told me some things she used to manipulate me when we dated. haha

That said, this is a mess and Tybo is likely done. If it did indeed happen and the girl was dealing with her trama in her own way that I find odd, may she find peace and justice.

Whew, so glad I'm not in the dating pool these days.
  • HonestDonHonestDon Member Posts: 97
    If only he he could catch footballs as good as Jeremy Stevens.
  • MelloDawgMelloDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,506 Swaye's Wigwam
    Postal91 said:

That post by her is really odd. They go to HER place on a 1st date when she agreed, not some place public? Then her roommates left her? (Shitty roommates to leave with someone you may not be comfortable with). Her set up to create bias is strange as someone mentioned, and how does someone post something like this... so private and violating. Let the police handle it and then you can follow up on the story after all is said and done.

Wasn't there a Baylor football player who was wrongfully accused and lost his NFL chances until found not guilty 8 years later or something?

This gave me a flashback to a psycho I dated while at the UDub who threatened to jump off my balcony if I broke up with her. This wasn't the dorms or anything, just a 2nd story apartment off of Roosevelt.... so I almost said 'do a barrel roll'. She was the craziest I had ever dated.... well, top 3, and later in life told me some things she used to manipulate me when we dated. haha

That said, this is a mess and Tybo is likely done. If it did indeed happen and the girl was dealing with her trama in her own way that I find odd, may she find peace and justice.

Indeed. Ruth Robbins was nuts, wasn’t she?
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,236
    - didn't make the trip
    - allegations of rape

okay, that's not good.

• ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,566
    SkipBoyd said:

GUILTY! Any evidence provided subsequently is superfluous. No woman EVER lies about rape. ( except all the ones that do, which is about 99% of ‘em).

Jesus fucking christ
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,566

Postal91 said:

There was a USC recruit this happened to. He was in prison from 18ish to about 24ish. Missed his entire college career. Carroll signed him as an undrafted free agent but he wasn’t able to do anything.

The worst part is the girl recanted, said she made it up and absolutely no consequences for her.

I feel like if I was in college now, I’d carry consent forms to be signed in advance.
    Brian banks—good movie about it starring Greg kinnear
  • UWerentThereManUWerentThereMan Member Posts: 3,475
    ntxduck said:

SkipBoyd said:

Jesus fucking christ
    Washington is back
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,506 Swaye's Wigwam
    Great.

The cougs and trublu won't be shutting the fuck up about this one for looong time.