Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Airfare

2»

Comments

• Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,996
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

EwaDawg said:

Tickets from Spokane to New Orleans new year’s weekend: $1300.

Tickets from Spokane to Houston for the natty: $382

Fuck it, I’m holding out for Houston.

Take a week and drive to Nola. This won't happen every year.
    I have a wife and 3 kids 7 and under, and my buddies have 3-4 kids. That’s not an option, unfortunately
    As long as you do self victory coitus with your tears again, you can do whatever else you want. Superstition right?
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,491
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

$2,000 for a football game is insane to me. I have a good TV.

Agreed, but my wife greenlit a golf trip with my buddies to Arizona for my 40th birthday, and I’d rather do this instead. I haven’t played in a year and a half, and paying a shit ton of money to go shoot 90 on ridiculously expensive courses doesn’t sound that fun

It's my 40th, got 2 young kids, but the wife just greenlit a trip. One. So which one will it be?
    If we go to the same one, let’s meet up and get hammered lol
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Flights are beyond retarded right now. I'm waiting out for Alaska or Delta to add some more flights these days
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,491
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    whlinder said:

I would buy tickets to Houston now; if we don't win just cancel and get the future credit, unless you never travel. We're going to Dublin next summer so I went ahead and bought after we beat Oregon to all 3 sites out of DC. LAX was $700, New Orleans was like $415 and Houston for $320. So now I have the LAX credit, and the same flights to MSY are double. Only spending 1 day there, but whatever.

I expect a few airlines to add flights between Alaska, United and Delta out of Seattle.

The only other thing to maybe consider from the PNW is that Spirit flies into the New Orleans from Cancun. You can go CUN-MSY on 12/31 and back on 1/2 for like $300. You might be able to pull off some Cancun time for the same costs as just flying to New Orleans. Yeah, Spirit sucks, so be aware of that, but thought I would toss it out there for those with flexibility.

Yeah, I’m going to buy tonight if my buddy will quit fucking around and call me. The price has already gone up a bit
  • Options
    gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,644
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited December 2023
    Anyone in LA I just got a flight to Houston Fri-Tue cancellable (for use on a future flight) for $322 on Southwest.

That will be 600-700 within no time I am sure.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,893
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    flights to Houston out of Sky Harbor are really good (well under $200 before all the bullshit add-ons), but I'm not doing two trips within two weeks

If there was a game in Phx/Glendale or the LA area, maybe

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,993
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Pro tip: Fly to a city that has Amtrak service to New Orleans.

I realize most Americans hate train travel, and Amtrak kinds sucks compared to trains in Europe and Japan, but it isn't a bad way to get between cities within 3-10 hours of each other, especially if you get a private *sleepette* cabin.

Looks like 2 options for Amtrak to the Big Easy (ILTCNOTBEIWILTD).

Chicago to NO https://www.amtrak.com/routes/city-of-new-orleans-train.html

NY to NO:
    https://www.amtrak.com/routes/crescent-train.html
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,516
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited December 2023

$2,000 for a football game is insane to me. I have a good TV.

Agreed, but my wife greenlit a golf trip with my buddies to Arizona for my 40th birthday, and I’d rather do this instead. I haven’t played in a year and a half, and paying a shit ton of money to go shoot 90 on ridiculously expensive courses doesn’t sound that fun

It's my 40th, got 2 young kids, but the wife just greenlit a trip. One. So which one will it be?
    If we go to the same one, let’s meet up and get hammered lol
    It's pretty shit, my dad is 78 and alumnus as well. He won't travel for a game like that but he was willing to go to the last "real" Rose Bowl. Fuck the NCAA forever.

An @EsophagealFeces @UW_Doog_Bot collaboration on destroying minor parts of our livers ain't a terrible consolation I guess.
    Dad won’t fly He just won’t Potd