Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Michigan vs. Washington: Potential Rose Bowl matchup? | Countdown to GameDay

Comments

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,169
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,959
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Thanks Nacho !!

• Options
    SpoonieLuvSpoonieLuv Member Posts: 5,438
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Ok, I’ll ask.

What’s the deal with the bald black chick?

• Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,500
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Ok, I’ll ask.

What’s the deal with the bald black chick?

@alopeciadawg want to chime in or did you die when Cam Williams transferred out?
  • Options
    alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,849
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

After reading the news stories about the game this morning I have to wonder whether members of the press actually watched the game or just watched the highlights ~ the narrative in the press centers around Oregon and their comeback and the perspective that Washington held off Oregon yet again to get the win.

The truth is the Dawgs outplayed the Ducks, were definitely the more physical team, and played with guts and heart as they decisively took control of the game in the 4th quarter with the game on the line. I mean, no bitterness ~ the ducks played a great game, and they are obviously a great team but the dawgs clearly out played them to get the win.

The irony and weirdness is that like a lot a years in the past, with the Rose Bowl again on the line, the Dawgs will likely again now be huge underdawgs vs the seemingly invincible press ~ Michigan will be favored by 10. I guess its up to us Dawg fans to smile and see the humor in that.

This has been true all year. Same reason UW was +9.5 against Oregon.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    ntxduck said:

Early line is Michigan -6. Bet the dwags big at that #

I want me some of Michigan, they very beatable
  • Options
    TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,610
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited December 2023
    LaZoris said:

If you are betting you gotta hope Mich beats down iowa and that line gets to -8 or -9 in the next month.

Then hammer that moneyline at almost 3-1 odds just like oregon game

Profit

I know, I got a 500 percent return by betting on the Osu and Oregon games straight up, I just think it’s weird that the narrative and odds are still so skewed
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    i like my hawkeyes in this one
  • Options
    DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 705
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    FireCohen said:

ntxduck said:

Where would we place McCarthy as QB talent we've faced this year? I'd put him at 4th behind Caleb Williams, Cam Ward, Bo Nix.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,287
    Swaye's Wigwam

FireCohen said:

ntxduck said:

Where would we place McCarthy as QB talent we've faced this year? I'd put him at 4th behind Caleb Williams, Cam Ward, Bo Nix.
    I don't like that guy. Probably about right but he is the best runner and they don't protect him. They use him
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,518

FireCohen said:

ntxduck said:

This is about right. I’d put fifita above him, as well
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,362
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    edited December 2023

FireCohen said:

ntxduck said:

Gawd, I didn’t even really consider that the best QBs we will have to beat are all in the rearview mirror.

Our QB has a win against them in 2020. Yeah Michigan is much better now, but our guy was playing for, ahem, Indiana.

https://www.foxsports.com/college-football/michigan-wolverines-vs-indiana-hoosiers-nov-07-2020-game-boxscore-33933
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,245
    Founders Club

After reading the news stories about the game this morning I have to wonder whether members of the press actually watched the game or just watched the highlights ~ the narrative in the press centers around Oregon and their comeback and the perspective that Washington held off Oregon yet again to get the win.

The truth is the Dawgs outplayed the Ducks, were definitely the more physical team, and played with guts and heart as they decisively took control of the game in the 4th quarter with the game on the line. I mean, no bitterness ~ the ducks played a great game, and they are obviously a great team but the dawgs clearly out played them to get the win.

The irony and weirdness is that like a lot a years in the past, with the Rose Bowl again on the line, the Dawgs will likely again now be huge underdawgs vs the seemingly invincible press ~ Michigan will be favored by 10. I guess its up to us Dawg fans to smile and see the humor in that.

Warren Moon and I had belly laughs over that one.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,695
    Founders Club

FireCohen said:

ntxduck said:

AZ qb is much better, too.
  • Options
    TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,610
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited December 2023
    Before the SEC final Michigan is now the odds favorite to win the championship... UW at 7-1 now, waiting to see the odds change with the announcement of pairings but am going to take some of that as soon as it's offered on my betting site and then wait to see the line vs our opponent. Fun.

Hoping for a Georgia win today so that the Dawgs wind up in the Rose Bowl... if Michigan winds up at #1 it seems certain that they would pick the Rose Bowl and UW would then play in the Sugar Bowl Vs ?. Would be great if UW played Florida State which really could happen [ easiest path to the final ], no so great vs the Sugar Bowl Home Team of Alabama or Georgia. LIPO ~ but interesting to consider.

National Championship Odds
    NCAAF FBS Championship 2023-24
    Michigan +170
    Georgia +175
    Washington +700
    Texas +750
    Alabama +1100
    Florida State +2700
    JAN 8, 2024, 7:30PM ET
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

WASHINGTON beats Michigan in the Rose Bowl

Our run defense is suddenly a team strength, and McCarthy aint special

On the other side, Penix is a million times better than Honda McCord, and our WRs are better than Ohio States, who are a respectable #2 nationally

I like my DAWGS in this one rather easily, say 34-17?

if we play michigan, i think we smoke them. Rome/Polk/McMillan as group better than tOSU wr room. Also QB play is way better