Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Do we? have a Whisky thread?

LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,545
5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
Swaye's Wigwam
Bro in Law called me up and had me come over for some new whisky he got sent up from our cousin down in Houston. Good sipping whisky and the Mrs still made me drive the mile and half back to the trailer park.

Balcones single malt Texas whisky and the other is Deadwood Barrel whisky - apple flavored, kind of

and we should have a whisky thread, guess we do now

Comments

• Options
    TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,576
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Like the dead label, very cool and you had me until you mentioned the hillbilly apple part
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,311
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm pretty sure 100% of @SECDAWG's threads are whiskey threads.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Texas stuff typically isn't great ... a lot of them make their stuff using limestone water and I'm personally not a big fan

Not everything is bigger and better in Texas ... Dolly's halftime outfit today not withstanding
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,951
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Texas stuff typically isn't great ... a lot of them make their stuff using limestone water and I'm personally not a big fan

Not everything is bigger and better in Texas ... Dolly's halftime outfit today not withstanding

Balcone’s smoked corn bourbon is the worst whiskey I’ve ever had @Tequilla
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Was nipping on the Old Forester BiB yesterday.

Ver nice. 100 proof is the perfect heat for bourbon.

• Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,545
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

That doesn't even sound good
  • Options
    Blu82Blu82 Member Posts: 1,510
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    I'll stick with Jefferson's Ocean.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Blu82 said:

Never had. The regular old Jefferson's drinks pretty decent for the price point in my experience although I wish it was bottled at higher proof. I think it's only like 86.

BTW, if any of you like Basil Hayden at 80 proof it means you have a puffy little ginage, tucked between your supple thighs.
  • Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,253
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Blu82 said:

Never had. The regular old Jefferson's drinks pretty decent for the price point in my experience although I wish it was bottled at higher proof. I think it's only like 86.

BTW, if any of you like Basil Hayden at 80 proof it means you have a puffy little ginage, tucked between your supple thighs.
    Guilty…I really like it at the cash register. I have used it as house bourbon, more recently Buff Buff Trace…I’m fully into scotch season at this point on the calendar…
  • Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Buffalo Trace. But it don’t like me. So we out.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    LebamDawg said:

Tequilla said:

That doesn't even sound good
    A fren recently gave me a bottle of Jefferson's Reserve. It's quite nice.

Since we are discussing bourbon, Yella recommended Eagle Rare 10 a couple months ago. I couldn't find a single bottle anywhere locally. Last week, I decided to check out this random liquor store recommended by my hygienist and they had a bounty. Grabbed 2 bottles. It's very nice. @YellowSnow for the win.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    I have so much damn whiskey and whisky at my house. I need to stop buying for a while and try to cull the herd. Quite honestly, it would take me years to go through what I have.

Have bought some recent releases from Woodinville. Bought a bottle of their 100% rye finished in a port cask. It's fantastic. I usually end up drinking 3 drama. Definitely need to take it easy with that stuff.
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

I have so much damn whiskey and whisky at my house. I need to stop buying for a while and try to cull the herd. Quite honestly, it would take me years to go through what I have.

Have bought some recent releases from Woodinville. Bought a bottle of their 100% rye finished in a port cask. It's fantastic. I usually end up drinking 3 drama. Definitely need to take it easy with that stuff.

*dram
  • Options
    Founders Club

*dram
    Thanks @Doog_de_Jour .

Autocorrect bit my ass. Autofuck!
  • Options

*dram
    Thanks @Doog_de_Jour .

Bazel, you hammerhead…

• Options
    Founders Club
    SECDAWG said:

*dram
    Thanks @Doog_de_Jour .

Bazel, you hammerhead…

Puh!
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

*dram
    Thanks @Doog_de_Jour .

Or maybe you had a 3 drama…not sure what that would be…maybe two chicks and @huskyhooligan all fighting over you?
  • Options

shit is funny and gold here, pod. I lol…

• Options
    Founders Club

*dram
    Thanks @Doog_de_Jour .

Or maybe you had a 3 drama…not sure what that would be…maybe two chicks and @huskyhooligan all fighting over you?
    lulz

No drama here. My massive dong is reserved for @huskyhooligan only.