Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

If.....we won another National Championship

2»

Comments

• Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

It used to be simple - make the Rose Bowl. Fire the coach if not in contention for Pasadena, and pretty satisfied if making it...eh let's say 1/3 of the time.
    Now I'd say the goal is make the playoff, and are on average satisfied if make a NY6 bowl. Not making NY6 let's say half the time? Fire his ass and find someone who can.

*snip*

I know we have plenty of "NC or bust" people here. To each their own. Personally I cannot imagine that kind of abject misery; of thinking that every year you don't win the title is a failure and a waste of time, money, effort. It's a game I want to enjoy until I die. If it makes me hate life I'll go watch women's volleyball instead.

You got me thinking NWJD, I think the reason why I am in the ”NC or Bust” camp now is because we DON’T have the Rose Bowl anymore. Even if we weren’t number one in the polls, being able to still say “Rose Bowl Champion” was so satisfying. The season still felt like a success.

Being a conference champ doesn’t have the same prestige it used to, and “College Football Playoff Semi Finalist” always rang hollow for me.
    How about college football playoff first round participant loser?

HANG THE BANNER, RACE!
  • Options
    NoWarningJustDawgNoWarningJustDawg Member Posts: 1,000
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    edited November 2023

It used to be simple - make the Rose Bowl. Fire the coach if not in contention for Pasadena, and pretty satisfied if making it...eh let's say 1/3 of the time.
    Now I'd say the goal is make the playoff, and are on average satisfied if make a NY6 bowl. Not making NY6 let's say half the time? Fire his ass and find someone who can.

*snip*

I know we have plenty of "NC or bust" people here. To each their own. Personally I cannot imagine that kind of abject misery; of thinking that every year you don't win the title is a failure and a waste of time, money, effort. It's a game I want to enjoy until I die. If it makes me hate life I'll go watch women's volleyball instead.

You got me thinking NWJD, I think the reason why I am in the ”NC or Bust” camp now is because we DON’T have the Rose Bowl anymore. Even if we weren’t number one in the polls, being able to still say “Rose Bowl Champion” was so satisfying. The season still felt like a success.

Being a conference champ doesn’t have the same prestige it used to, and “College Football Playoff Semi Finalist” always rang hollow for me.

HANG THE BANNER, RACE!
    Right next to the 2020, 2022, 2023 Pac-12 North Champion banners, I assume?

Side note, I see Oregon is ahead of Ohio State as top 1 loss team in newest playoff rankings.
    With a North vs South CCG, it would only take a couple upsets for Pac to get 2 playoff teams.

SEC and B1G have benefited multiple times from sitting around waiting for someone to lose, as recently as tOSU last year.
    Even now Buckeyes will be sitting around hoping FSU, Oregon, Texas, Bama all lose to perhaps sneak in again.

...but why again is the Pac-12 a shitty conference that needs to fucking die???

/rant
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Would you trade the suffering from the Duckade or half rack for winning another NC this year? So basically which would you prefer. The 12 year run of Otegon, continually ranked Bowl wins and championship appearances and rival dominance.

OR: years of underachieving, inept hires and embarrassing losses to our rival only yet coming alive with Deboer in 2022 and 2023 with a National Championship on our name. Would the Duckade have been worth it?

I say HELL YES!!!! And it would only add to Grellows suffering as they wasted the best resources etc on a period of no natty. Then UW wakes up ND plays the shell game and wins the natty.

A win this weekend sets up folklore and stories for the next 30 years
    Go Dawgs!

I can answer this question, rather easily.

I’m a Kansas City Royals fan since I was a wee Seaver. Baseball was my first love. Meant everything to me. Model franchise at the time. Finally got over the line in 1985. 2015 Championship was an incredible shock and I fucking loved it after being in the desert for 30 years. Those 30 years were terrible. Not a single playoff appearance and quite honestly the worst franchise in baseball for 90% of it.

I wouldn’t trade George Brett talking to Ronald Reagan in the postgame locker room for anything.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

*snip*

HANG THE BANNER, RACE!
    Right next to the 2020, 2022, 2023 Pac-12 North Champion banners, I assume?

/rant
    😅

I forgot about those. It’s like a goddamn company sales meeting…”And now, the award for the top Northwest rep for Q2…”. 🤦‍♀️

Nobody give a shit if you win your division. Go win the conference at least before you pop off.
  • Options
    RTDRTD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 782
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club

*snip*

I was riding high up 7-0.

• Options
    Standard Supporter
    RTD said:

*snip*

Not ashamed to admit I was too. Then Saban said, “OK boys, we’ve let them had their fun, time to fucking punch them in the throat.”
  • Options
    RTDRTD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 782
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club

RTD said:

*snip*

Not ashamed to admit I was too. Then Saban said, “OK boys, we’ve let them had their fun, time to fucking punch them in the throat.”
    I vividly recall this throat chop.

• Options
    bisonduckbisonduck Member Posts: 714
    5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

RTD said:

*snip*

That Bama defense was unreal.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,554
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    bisonduck said:

RTD said:

*snip*

Not against Climpson
  • Options
    bisonduckbisonduck Member Posts: 714
    5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

bisonduck said:

RTD said:

*snip*

Not against Climpson
    I just remember some 280 pound OLB pick six Browning. You don’t see that in the PAC 12.