Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

If.....we won another National Championship

Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,909
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
Would you trade the suffering from the Duckade or half rack for winning another NC this year? So basically which would you prefer. The 12 year run of Otegon, continually ranked Bowl wins and championship appearances and rival dominance.

OR: years of underachieving, inept hires and embarrassing losses to our rival only yet coming alive with Deboer in 2022 and 2023 with a National Championship on our name. Would the Duckade have been worth it?

I say HELL YES!!!! And it would only add to Grellows suffering as they wasted the best resources etc on a period of no natty. Then UW wakes up ND plays the shell game and wins the natty.

A win this weekend sets up folklore and stories for the next 30 years
Go Dawgs!

Comments

• Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
  • Options
    bisonduckbisonduck Member Posts: 714
    5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    This isn't even worth asking. Also, the best we can hope for is a win against Michigan. It ends there.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,959
    Founders Club
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    All the young doogs can die happily while race buries us and welcome the new generation of doogs
  • Options
    DucksFCDucksFC Member Posts: 1,109
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    FireCohen said:

All the young doogs can die happily while race buries us and welcome the new generation of doogs

or Race finally gets buried?
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    One of the best memories of my life was the night in Pasadena

Inject that into my veins
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,909
    Swaye's Wigwam
    bisonduck said:

This isn't even worth asking. Also, the best we can hope for is a win against Michigan. It ends there.

So you're saying "Why even play the game"? Next.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,895
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    bisonduck said:

• Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,992
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

bisonduck said:

You should just start over with a new username. It's too late for you to pivot and try to rebrand as a funny guy. Also because you're not.
    fixed

• Options
    bisonduckbisonduck Member Posts: 714
    5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

bisonduck said:

So you're saying "Why even play the game"? Next.
    For next year
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited November 2023

It used to be simple - make the Rose Bowl. Fire the coach if not in contention for Pasadena, and pretty satisfied if making it...eh let's say 1/3 of the time.
    Now I'd say the goal is make the playoff, and are on average satisfied if make a NY6 bowl. Not making NY6 let's say half the time? Fire his ass and find someone who can.

*snip*

I know we have plenty of "NC or bust" people here. To each their own. Personally I cannot imagine that kind of abject misery; of thinking that every year you don't win the title is a failure and a waste of time, money, effort. It's a game I want to enjoy until I die. If it makes me hate life I'll go watch women's volleyball instead.

You got me thinking NWJD, I think the reason why I am in the ”NC or Bust” camp now is because we DON’T have the Rose Bowl anymore. Even if we weren’t number one in the polls, being able to still say “Rose Bowl Champion” was so satisfying. The season still felt like a success.

Being a conference champ doesn’t have the same prestige it used to, and “College Football Playoff Semi Finalist” always rang hollow for me.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,381
    Swaye's Wigwam

It used to be simple - make the Rose Bowl. Fire the coach if not in contention for Pasadena, and pretty satisfied if making it...eh let's say 1/3 of the time.
    Now I'd say the goal is make the playoff, and are on average satisfied if make a NY6 bowl. Not making NY6 let's say half the time? Fire his ass and find someone who can.

*snip*

I know we have plenty of "NC or bust" people here. To each their own. Personally I cannot imagine that kind of abject misery; of thinking that every year you don't win the title is a failure and a waste of time, money, effort. It's a game I want to enjoy until I die. If it makes me hate life I'll go watch women's volleyball instead.

You got me thinking NWJD, I think the reason why I am in the ”NC or Bust” camp now is because we DON’T have the Rose Bowl anymore. Even if we weren’t number one in the polls, being able to still say “Rose Bowl Champion” was so satisfying. The season still felt like a success.

Being a conference champ doesn’t have the same prestige it used to, and “College Football Playoff Semi Finalist” always rang hollow for me.
    How about college football playoff first round participant loser?