Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Hugh says Grubb was out coached by the coug D

2»

Comments

• Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,474
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    HuskyJW said:

Ever since the Oregon game, it seems like Grubb has been trying to win the Heisman

Well, hopefully he'll realize that ship sailed and get back to trying to win games in whatever way is most effective.
  • Options
    bisonduckbisonduck Member Posts: 714
    5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    edited November 2023

HuskyJW said:

Ever since the Oregon game, it seems like Grubb has been trying to win the Heisman

Well, hopefully he'll realize that ship sailed and get back to trying to win games in whatever way is most effective.
    Penix's strike point in the first 6 games was unbelievable. Do you really think it's playcalling? The back shoulder pass to Odunze in one-on-on is 100% if the strike point is right. It just seems like Penix hasn't been as accurate.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,579
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    It’s pain tolerance impacting his accuracy.
    bisonduck said:

HuskyJW said:

Penix's strike point in the first 6 games was unbelievable. Do you really think it's playcalling? The back shoulder pass to Odunze in one-on-on college is 100% if the strike point is right. It just seems like Penix hasn't been as accurate.
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    jecornel said:

Everyone knows Hugh doesn’t always get it right. He does himself a sluggo route.

Rough Rider

Like Uncle Bo.

Presumption of correctness.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,520
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Fishpo31 said:

These guys have huge egos, got to where they are by never backing down, and have had success. Every play they call is a touchdown, in their minds. We have seen it up close, Leach, Chip, Shaw on the reverse end of it. Shaw didn't care if you stacked the box. Leach didn't care if you dropped 8. Chip is Chip, stop us, or don't. An elite, well-rounded OC (or play caller) needs to plan for every scenario. At this point of the season, you've gotta have a counter punch, or you get knocked out...

"We" have been clamoring for weeks (months?) for more TE, DJ out of the backfield, McMillan (or someone) on the crossers underneath...The time is NOW, the place is HERE...(Well, we're waiting gif)

The antidote to this offense is DBs that can play man, and a D-line that can hold LOS. That is where the "healthy" Penix being able to shoot lasers into widows is the separator. How many "elite" defenses are out there?. Unfortunately, they are all potential opponents moving forward...

If I'm defending it, I am taking Rome out of it, to the best of my ability, and make the other guysm beat me...

Yep, if the Ducks run as much man defense as others are saying (I'm too lazy to look it up), they should bracket Rome or at least roll coverage towards him. On certain plays, they may even want to bracket McMillan too (I expect him to be fully healthy in mind / body). I'd even rush 3 at times to use 2 guys on Rome and 2 guys on McMillan, and then have the other 4 cover Polk, Westover, DJ, and whoever else is the other receiver (Bernard or Culp).

Polk has had the dropsies and Culp is prone to them so hurt me gong to them before I have to change it up.

In a way, it's the same thing with Oregon and Tony Franklin (except I'd rather have Rome than Franklin).