Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Big positive for UW

In tight games this team is deadly inside six minutes left in the game. Who are you taking to close out a one score game with six minutes left?

Ya, Nix has played in like 60 games most in FBS history but give me Deboer, Penix and Rome to close it out. Not to mention our defense that loves the high pressure moments.

Comments

• Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    SOB

Flight leaves in 32 hours….you assholes are getting my hopes way too high
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,644
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Winners win

is that an alien duck?!

Captain Kirk... spreading seed across the galaxy, killing monsters, and taking names.
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,503
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    With Oregon getting ahead early in both games and staying out front until late, then staying in striking distance is huge. They're built to get ahead, just do their thing and get the other team to panic, and get off their game. At least against UW, they aren't the same team when the pressure is on them. Even 7-0 and 14-7 type leads are big.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    gmo said:

HuskyJW said:

SOB

Flight leaves in 32 hours….you assholes are getting my hopes way too high

biggest UW game I will have been in attendance at since 2001 Rose Bowl. You could make the case this game is bigger I would say... then we'd have to go back to the 1991 season. Point is, all of these have been W's.
    This is bigger. It’s a playoff quarterfinal while 2000 had no NC implications.
  • Options
    bisonduckbisonduck Member Posts: 714
    5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

#BattleTested

@TheHB can you weigh in?
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    What but what about his zoom class?
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,131
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited November 2023
    jecornel said:

We all have different coping mechanisms. I’m fragile and weak. I suffer from PTSD. I love the game thread and the drama. There is plenty of venting! It’s my therapy thread.

Just stating the facts. Regardless of what I think. This team is deadly in the last six minutes and proved it again against the coug.

Deep down I believe we will win every game but that just makes me Dick Baird.

My pod prediction was 55-23 dawgs. Which was way off score wise.

I do appreciate you calling me out but I’m pretty sure I wasn’t the only considering they were on their way to a loss!

Pay Kalen. That is all.

jecornel said:

In tight games this team is deadly inside six minutes left in the game. Who are you taking to close out a one score game with six minutes left?

Ya, Nix has played in like 60 games most in FBS history but give me Deboer, Penix and Rome to close it out. Not to mention our defense that loves the high pressure moments.

Is this the same jecornell that in the last game thread threw in the towel in the third quarter and announced UW was going to lose???
    I stayed calm and confident throughout. My secret? 64 oz of DIPA.

Trust the science.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,833
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    AZDuck said:

gmo said:

Winners win

is that an alien duck?!

Captain Kirk... spreading seed across the galaxy, killing monsters, and taking names.
    Kirk’s gonna fuck it
    You're fucking weird dude

Even for this site