Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Losing to UW earlier didn't really matter

SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Standard Supporter
Would it have been nice to have won that game? Yes, but as I said at the time, and to which the usual board assholes heads exploded, if Oregon won out ultimately it wouldn't matter.

Comments

• Options
    flatusflatus Member Posts: 877
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment First Anniversary
    Standard Supporter
    SFGbob said:

Would it have been nice to have won that game? Yes, but as I said at the time, and to which the usual board assholes heads exploded, if Oregon won out ultimately it wouldn't matter.

Agree. I said before the first game I'd rather lose in Seattle and win the CCG than vice-versa. Winning both was never a high probability for either team.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    flatus said:

SFGbob said:

Agree. I said before the first game I'd rather lose in Seattle and win the CCG than vice-versa. Winning both was never a high probability for either team.
    The only argument that could be made is that you'd get a better seed in the playoffs if you won that game. But it really doesn't matter. You're going to have to win two games either way.
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Pretty sure the majority on both sides here felt the same way.
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,560
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    It mattered to me.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Pretty sure the majority on both sides here felt the same way.

I can only speak for the assholes who's heads exploded. The "majority" of their fans who don't think that certainly weren't correcting their head exploding brethren.
  • Options
    TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,563
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    It’s very cool that both teams have been this good, should be a great game… the dawgs have injuries, will be a challenge against on of the best dux team in history
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

It’s very cool that both teams have been this good, should be a great game… the dawgs have injuries, will be a challenge against on of the best dux team in history

Both teams have injuries as does every team at this point in the year.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    SFGbob said:

Add injuries to the list of excuses....
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,278
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    We all knew and understood a month and half ago that we would be seeing a rematch for the title. Now a few people have shouted foul because it has come to obvious fruition.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    flatus said:

SFGbob said:

I'm not making an excuse, its just a true comment ~ it was always going to be a tough game for the dawgs to beat Oregon a second time and the dawgs have had substantial injuries to key guys... i'm not under the impression that this is also the case for Oregon... Any key guys out for the ducks? just curious.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

flatus said:

SFGbob said:

I'm not making an excuse, its just a true comment ~ it was always going to be a tough game for the dawgs to beat Oregon a second time and the dawgs have had substantial injuries to key guys... i'm not under the impression that this is also the case for Oregon... Any key guys out for the ducks? just curious.
    Running back, some DBs and one of our WRs
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited November 2023
    SFGbob said:

flatus said:

SFGbob said:

Yes, DBs of particular concern. The secondary for Oregon very banged up, which is the biggest weakness already esp vs Washington.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    flatus said:

SFGbob said:

flatus said:

SFGbob said:

Yes, DBs of particular concern. The secondary for Oregon very banged up, which is the biggest weakness already esp vs Washington.
    Hoping that sitting some of them yesterday allows them to play this coming Friday.
  • Options
    longduckdonglongduckdong Member Posts: 1,007
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    When Oregon wins next week, both teams with identical records. And UW has higher SS, and more Top 25 wins.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

When Oregon wins next week, both teams with identical records. And UW has higher SS, and more Top 25 wins.

And Oregon goes to the playoffs and UW goes to the also ran Bowl.
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

If Oregon wins next week they’ll have 3 top 25 wins.

I suspect Utah and OSU will be ranked.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited November 2023
    flatus said:

SFGbob said:

flatus said:

SFGbob said:

thx for the update on that, so both teams are pretty banged up then... at least the winner will have a month to heal up... both teams actually ~ the loser will have a NY6 game