Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Polk 0-10

On last 10 targets. Mind boggling to write this. Polk appears to be broken after talking all that shit pregame in Corvallis. Penix is not healthy. There is no way he isn’t hurt. WR corps are in shambles outside of Rome. Boston getting reps no thanks. Not enough of Bernard and Westy. The routes are so hard. Scrap the scheme. Bring something new this week.

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    The offense is Dillon Johnson, Rome, the occasional Westie, and the remainder are Katherine Hepburns.
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,960
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    They sat Giles Jackson (and I think they were trying to sit Tuli but had to play him in the 4th). That should help next week.

They finally targeted Westover and Bernard late.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,237
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

The offense is Dillon Johnson, Rome, the occasional Westie, and the remainder are Katherine Hepburns.

Polk has sucked the last two games. For the first ten games he was a monster. Fuck off with the Katherine Hepburn bullshit.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter

Polk has sucked the last two games. For the first ten games he was a monster. Fuck off with the Katherine Hepburn bullshit.
    Who else is trustworthy of putting the game into their hands right now? Shaking as fuck.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,372
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Katherine Hepburn … I laffed
  • Options
    SkipBoydSkipBoyd Member Posts: 403
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Polk is looking like James K. Polk.
  • Options
    wobidbuswobidbus Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 308
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    JaMarcus Shephard has the best six days of his career and fixes Polk.
  • Options
    DoogerMcFarlandDoogerMcFarland Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 739
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    McMillan and Polk being in their own heads is truly tragic.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    expect an announcement soon. polk will be sitting out
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Penix looks physically fine. I don't know what the fuck happened to him, but I don't think he's dealing with an injury.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,921
    Standard Supporter

Penix looks physically fine. I don't know what the fuck happened to him, but I don't think he's dealing with an injury.

He is mentally broken. Couldn't even watch the final kick and walked off like James Brown with the cape covering his face. He delivered an undefeated year, but he looks like he has hit the wall, bad.
    Yeah, it could be the Heisman did actually mean a lot to him and he's coming to grips with the fact that he's not getting it.

Or maybe he caught his girlfriend getting a good and honest pounding from someone else
  • Options
    PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member Posts: 4,012
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited November 2023
    Polk needs to come back. We also need a QB for him to come back to. Xfer portal here we come.

Sorry DMO, you can always work at a Waffle House in Compton though.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Penix just isn’t hitting every 20 yard downfield throw like he was at the beginning of the season. So many of those were fantastic catches by the receivers. At some point those throws were not going to be automatic anymore and when one of your 3 star receivers has the injury yips and the other has the mental “I can’t catch” yips this is what you are getting.

Can’t just keep chucking it down the fucking field nonstop.
  • Options
    HairyBallsDawgHairyBallsDawg Member Posts: 1,015
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Polk played in Corvallis like a guy that can't catch in the rain. He played today like a guy that had too many bong hits this morning. I suspect some of the less mature players were overlooking WSU and expected to get by today with 60% effort.
  • Options
    TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,598
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

No, I loved it, I chinned bigly for the Katherine Hepburn
  • Options
    PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member Posts: 4,012
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Penix just isn’t hitting every 20 yard downfield throw like he was at the beginning of the season. So many of those were fantastic catches by the receivers. At some point those throws were not going to be automatic anymore and when one of your 3 star receivers has the injury yips and the other has the mental “I can’t catch” yips this is what you are getting.

Can’t just keep chucking it down the fucking field nonstop.

That’s the problem. Penix isn’t using the whole field, he’s throwing high balls down the sidelines hoping his elite WR will catch it. It’s no longer working. Westy is the only person he’s hitting off the sideline, and even that’s outside the hashes.