Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Expect an announcement soon

Comments

• Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    bigcc said:

It's really a binary choice. The other option is that they sucked so badly at game prep and planning this week that they probably should have lost to Cuog at home. Name your poison.

Abundance. Average at best coaching staff that did a great job to recruit a half-season Heisman QB and inherited an all-time great WR.
    He inherited a 4-8 team that lost to fucking Montana
    Yeah but that was a good Montana team.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,117
    Founders Club
    It’s such easy money to back the brink truck for DeBoer. Recruiting hasn’t been great, I wonder if he knows what he needs from NIL and he’s not getting it
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,980
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited November 2023
    TheHB said:

If I’m any school right now, I’m not hiring Grubb to be my head coach. He hasn’t proven he’s ready, but schools make stupid decisions every day.

He could go to a Boise state or something like that. This whole chuck it deep is the solution for everything is stupid though.
  • Options
    TXDawgTXDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 818
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Founders Club
    Jesus Christ, the TAMU comment was a joke said in a dark moment of despair. Relax tards.

Winners win.
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    Standard Supporter
    edited November 2023

I agree with whoever said it in the game thread: Several players on the team--offensive side of the ball in particular--played today like a coach is leaving. Either Grubb or DeBoer.

It’s as plausible of a theory as any. DeBoer isn’t a lifer. If it’s this year or in five, I’m mentally prepared for it, and I feel like our current AD and Prez will find us a good replacement.

Still, my Spidey sense tells me injuries and exhaustion more than anything else.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,515
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

TheHB said:

If I’m any school right now, I’m not hiring Grubb to be my head coach. He hasn’t proven he’s ready, but schools make stupid decisions every day.

Im actually hoping a school hires Grubb away and DeBoer gets some new eyes on his offense ala Tedford in 2016
    The unlv OC is a fucking savant
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,017
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    grubb gonna go boov?
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,308
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    biak1 said:

Grubb has regressed this season just as much, if not more than Penix.

The two go hand in hand. Open receivers are easier to hit. Unpressured quarterbacks have more time to work through progressions. Defenses shitting their pants about the run game don't defend the pass as well.

On the flip side, a quarterback that makes his tight end have to dive for a 7-yard crossing route when he could have easily gained a first down and then some with YAC isn't helping the OC either.
  • Options
    biak1biak1 Member Posts: 3,988
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

I agree with whoever said it in the game thread: Several players on the team--offensive side of the ball in particular--played today like a coach is leaving. Either Grubb or DeBoer.

It’s as plausible of a theory as any. DeBoer isn’t a lifer. If it’s this year or in five, I’m mentally prepared for it, and I feel like our current AD and Prez will find us a good replacement.

Still, my Spidey sense tells me injuries and exhaustion more than anything else.
    Why? UW almost always fucks this up. We’re one failed fuckup hire from not joining the B1G.
  • Options
    OreDawgOreDawg Member Posts: 589
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Even the most delusional aggies don’t think they’re getting deboer. Calm down retards
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    Standard Supporter
    biak1 said:

Why? UW almost always fucks this up. We’re one failed fuckup hire from not joining the B1G.
    You’re not wrong, but Cohen is gone now.

I’m hoping the new AD that DeBoer seemed to have a hand in hiring will be an improvement.
  • Options
    biak1biak1 Member Posts: 3,988
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I want to believe but as a millennial fan I’ve never gone broke betting against the Huskies. Except maybe this season.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    would recommend putting on tin foil hat protect your brain cells
  • Options
    wobidbuswobidbus Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 308
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    AEB said:

DeBoer had the play sheet in the second half especially the last two drives. The cameras panned to him. Maybe he pulled from Grubb?

Thank you. I wasn't sure if that was a normal thing or not.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,237
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2023

It's really a binary choice. The other option is that they sucked so badly at game prep and planning this week that they probably should have lost to Cuog at home. Name your poison.

Edit: fuck it 53...minutes
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,486
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TheHB said:

You do wonder why nothing has been said about an extension. Maybe the money is just not there to keep him.

If that’s the case, burn it all down.

Softy alluded to an 8+ deal getting done soon.