Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Draft Prospects

Someone in my house bought Disney+ which includes ESPN+ kontent. Anyway, thought some of Kiper's prospect rankings (top 25 only) were interesting. Either way

#1 Caleb
#2 Maserati Marv
#5 Rome
#10 Latu (deep sigh)
#14 Fautanu
#22 Egbuka

Penix is rated as the #8 QB behind ones which can't thrown downfield like McCarthy and Nix. DJ the #8 RB, Trice the #8 OLB. Polk did not make top 10 WR.

/Shrug

Comments

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,906 Founders Club
    Thank whlinder!
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    whlinder said:

Someone in my house bought Disney+ which includes ESPN+ kontent. Anyway, thought some of Kiper's prospect rankings (top 25 only) were interesting. Either way

#1 Caleb
    #2 Maserati Marv
    #5 Rome
    #10 Latu (deep sigh)
    #14 Fautanu
    #22 Egbuka

Penix is rated as the #8 QB behind ones which can't thrown downfield like McCarthy and Nix. DJ the #8 RB, Trice the #8 OLB. Polk did not make top 10 WR.

/Shrug

Trice? Seriously
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,255 Swaye's Wigwam
    McCarthy seems wild to draft even in the 2nd or 3rd rounds to me and over someone like Penix. Kiper seems like he higher and lower rates a few prospects just to differentiate.
  • Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,973
    edited November 2023
    Kiper has historically struggled to predict even just 1/4 of the first rounders that gets drafted, and he's supposedly the most accurate. So I don't know why anyone even bothers with the opinions of draft experts.
  • TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,684 Founders Club
    McCarthy is the perfect clone of kackie pants as a Michigan QB… HARBAHs 1 and 2 were good for 10 throws for 110 yards, no interceptions and no brilliance per game… this kid fits that mold perfectly
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,377 Founders Club
    whlinder said:

#1 Caleb
    #2 Maserati Marv
    #5 Rome
    #10 Latu (deep sigh)
    #14 Fautanu
    #22 Egbuka

/Shrug

Fuck all y'all
  • TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,684 Founders Club
    edited November 2023
    I think Daniel’s will go before any other QB… multi dimensional that played in the SEC and the league of Champions… perfect training ground for a team looking for a turnaround at QB
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,354 Swaye's Wigwam
    Bryce Young was supposed to be pretty good in the way that Caleb Williams is supposed to be
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,786 Swaye's Wigwam
    Canadawg said:

Bryce Young was supposed to be pretty good in the way that Caleb Williams is supposed to be

Young is a small dude.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,756 Swaye's Wigwam
    TheHB said:

Canadawg said:

Young is a small dude.
    Yeah… I’m not seeing much similarities between these two.
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 4,496 Standard Supporter
    edited November 2023
    I'm really not sure what I'm missing on Penix not being a top 5 pick. All health concerns? When was the last time he missed a game(24 straight at UW)? Lefty bias? Fuck potential, MPJ is a better quarterback than Drake Maye.

Nobody in the NFL gives a flying fuck about Maye and Nix averaging 3.8 yards per carry.

• EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,905 Swaye's Wigwam
    dtd said:

I'm really not sure what I'm missing on Penix not being a top 5 pick. All health concerns? When was the last time he missed a game(24 straight at UW)? Lefty bias? Fuck potential, MPJ is a better quarterback than Drake Maye.

Nobody in the NFL gives a flying fuck about Maye and Nix averaging 3.8 yards per carry.

He had 4 straight season ending injuries, that’s the real hang up. If he leads UW to the playoff and plays well in the process, he’s going to be a first round pick. Some team will take a flyer on him towards the end of the round. Hopefully the Seahawks.
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,786 Swaye's Wigwam

dtd said:

He had 4 straight season ending injuries, that’s the real hang up. If he leads UW to the playoff and plays well in the process, he’s going to be a first round pick. Some team will take a flyer on him towards the end of the round. Hopefully the Seahawks.
    If it’s the Seahawks, one can hope that it’s an entirely different coaching staff that gets to use him.
  • SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,961 Founders Club
    TheHB said:

dtd said:

If it’s the Seahawks, one can hope that it’s an entirely different coaching staff that gets to use him.
    Carroll never seems to have good pass blocking. Penix would get folded
  • Fear_BonerFear_Boner Member Posts: 782
    dtd said:

Check out Seahawks Draft Blog. Penix gets dinged for injuries and playing in a “system” offense.