Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

McMillan

124»

Comments

• Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited November 2023
    dnc said:

I told Oregon that they needed to cover Polk

Hopefully McMilan is fully recovered and Giles is up to speed with his reps and game play . I assume Bernard will be back to himself and playing the Debo roll which is a nightmare to cover. I don’t think Oregon realizes how good this offense is when running on all cylinders. Polk is the fastest receiver in the room, and will be down field all game long. Rome will be the A+ Rome playing in front of his Vegas People. Just need McMillan to return to form. Destroying Oregon should make Washington 🌹 bound.
    Polk is the slowest of the top four lol what are you talking about. Best hands though (when it’s dry).
    I’m almost certain it’s been said in interviews , so I’m going to wait until the combines. Ozunzie is supposed to run 4.34 🤷‍♂️ either way it will be tough for Oregon to cover all 3 receivers if MacMillan is remotely recovered to what he was
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,985
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

Hopefully McMilan is fully recovered and Giles is up to speed with his reps and game play . I assume Bernard will be back to himself and playing the Debo roll which is a nightmare to cover. I don’t think Oregon realizes how good this offense is when running on all cylinders. Polk is the fastest receiver in the room, and will be down field all game long. Rome will be the A+ Rome playing in front of his Vegas People. Just need McMillan to return to form. Destroying Oregon should make Washington 🌹 bound.
    Polk is the slowest of the top four lol what are you talking about. Best hands though (when it’s dry).
    I believe Polk was timed with the MPH metric at some point and was really fast. That was coming from DeBoer during fall camp if I remember right who kept bringing up Polks name unsolicited during interview and referencing this.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Polk is pretty quick, so would not be surprised if he is on par with the Rome and McMillan for the first 15 yards
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,083
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

Sometime I should put together Stalin's All-Time "I was First on a Player" Team

QB Jake Haener
    WR Ja'Lynn Polk

You were also first (and right) on QB Jacob Sirmon, Sa'vell Smalls and Sam Huard.

I got #MyMcDuffie
  • Options
    Founders Club

QB Jake Haener
    WR Ja'Lynn Polk

Stalin is claiming #myPolk now?! Pretty sure I was in on him early last season and was heavily fluffing him early this year.
    I was in on Polk in '21, pod
  • Options
    Founders Club

HFNY said:

Lack of reps, muscle memory. He can’t catch the ball right now

He needs more time in college if he can’t handle the beavers when it’s wet.
    Not a popular opinion but Polk played himself out of being a second day pick. All the bullshit he talked and then he played like dog shit. Rome played himself into maybe the first receiver picked.
    It was one game, dude
    What’s your point. NFL plays in bad weather. Was he a second day pick? I’ve yet to see him as a second round pick on any major mock drafts.
    That was cold and wet and uw was stupid to be throwing heat seeking missiles down the field. Nobody was catching with their hands consistently if at all. Romes big catches were on body too. Still impressive, but not the same as trying to snag a heater extended in the air. He is not losing draft status. His hands are his best asset.
    Grubb needs to call an easy slant or out for him. Just catch the ball after a 5 or 7 yard route and get it out of his system.
    Maybe a fucking screen pass...
    Dare I say, even a jet sweep
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    For the record I said there's a chance Polk comes back because NIL and Deboer exist. Nothing to do with his ability. It's just not as cut and dry as it used to be and it's not like he's a day 1 lock or anything. Either way it will be interesting
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,908
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

QB Jake Haener
    WR Ja'Lynn Polk

I would call it “the here to beat my chest team”
  • Options
    J-Mac played 38 plays in the rain on slippery turf. I have a strong feeling he shows up in time for Oregon and a where the fuck did that come from game.
  • Options
    DoogerMcFarlandDoogerMcFarland Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 739
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2023
    Players say Polk is the fastest in practice.

First play in the Apple Cup, hit McMillan on a screen, let him get 5 yards and take a hit. Then play the rest of the game as you would.
  • Options

Players say Polk is the fastest in practice.

First play in the Apple Cup, hit McMillan on a screen, let him get 5 yards and take a hit. Then play the rest of the game as you would.

I thought it was Rome who said it. However @DNC insists he is the slowest
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

dnc said:

I’m almost certain it’s been said in interviews , so I’m going to wait until the combines. Ozunzie is supposed to run 4.34 🤷‍♂️ either way it will be tough for Oregon to cover all 3 receivers if MacMillan is remotely recovered to what he was
    McMillan is the fastest, then Rome or Germ, then Polk.

Polk is the only one of the four who isn't really known for his speed. He's a really good route runner though with enough speed for his size and absolutely elite hands and physicality.
    DeBoer once said he’s very close to as fast and one of the fastest on the team.