Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Husky Jacks open thread [2023]

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,341
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    That's from a Canucks game

Prince @Canadawg
  • Options
    flatusflatus Member Posts: 877
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment First Anniversary
    Standard Supporter
    Canadawg said:

I think the kicker for all of his throws are that they get there immediately. Most QBs have the ball in the air longer for defenses to react. All of Penix' throws look like the defender is surprised the ball is there already

This was definitely the case on the 60-something yarder late in the 4th at Autzen last year. Ive blocked out the DBs name from my memory but in fairness to him I doubt he'd ever seen a ball get there so quickly.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

That's from a Canucks game

Prince @Canadawg

What a year.

Penix, Rome, DJ.
    Hughes, Pettersson, Miller.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,496
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Which one of these does not belong?
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

DuckShady
    Posted on 12 hrs, V I P, User Since 71 months ago, User Post Count: 2779
    12 hrs
    VIP
    71 months
    For what it's worth, and in the past this guy's proven in the know, DeBoer is likely gone, and Washington is preparing for a coaching search. This comes from a guy who's childhood friends with one of our bigger donors who subsequently is i guess tight with Chris Peterson. DeBoer has interviewed a few times already and requested something(can't remember what it's called) from the athletic department which i guess is needed in order to leave, and whether he's actually stated it or not, it's assumed he's gone. Anyway, thought I'd share what I heard. Sometimes get some info when bartending in sports bars. Haha. Have a very CIVIL Wednesday duckos!!!

First chindication Pete was leaving came from frat bros, so why not bartenders.
  • Options
    FireTheJanitorFireTheJanitor Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,483
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club

DuckShady
    12 hrs
    VIP
    71 months
    For what it's worth, and in the past this guy's proven in the know, DeBoer is likely gone, and Washington is preparing for a coaching search. This comes from a guy who's childhood friends with one of our bigger donors who subsequently is i guess tight with Chris Peterson. DeBoer has interviewed a few times already and requested something(can't remember what it's called) from the athletic department which i guess is needed in order to leave, and whether he's actually stated it or not, it's assumed he's gone. Anyway, thought I'd share what I heard. Sometimes get some info when bartending in sports bars. Haha. Have a very CIVIL Wednesday duckos!!!

Pump my whiskey 🦆!
  • Options
    bisonduckbisonduck Member Posts: 714
    5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    edited November 2023

DuckShady
    12 hrs
    VIP
    71 months

No one is waiting around for him to lose.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,131
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

DuckShady
    12 hrs
    VIP
    71 months

I know a guy who knows a guy superiority guy
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,904
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    TheHB said:

DeBoer and Babushka co-head coaches at Michigan State. Each to get $10 million.

Heard it from my hot tub cleaner whose sister is married to the pest control guy of a big time donor.

Kim says Fisch to MSU, Babushka to Arizona
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,867
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

TheHB said:

Heard it from my hot tub cleaner whose sister is married to the pest control guy of a big time donor.

• Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,901
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

TheHB said:

Has to be the dumbest thing I’ve read. No way Smith would leave Oregon State for Arizona
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,324
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

TheHB said:

Has to be the dumbest thing I’ve read. No way Smith would leave Oregon State for Arizona
    It does seem dumb, but at least Arizona has a conference and nice weather.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,980
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

TheHB said:

If he is asked to take a pay cut it may be true.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    How much money do you need to make before you start thinking about other stuff?

Seems crazy to me sometimes when these guys leave great situations making millions where they're set for life with a fanbase that loves them

Is 5 million at a random place that will turn on you fast and you have no connection to that much different than a 3 million at home life contract?
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,617
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Canadawg said:

How much money do you need to make before you start thinking about other stuff?

Seems crazy to me sometimes when these guys leave great situations making millions where they're set for life with a fanbase that loves them

Is 5 million at a random place that will turn on you fast and you have no connection to that much different than a 3 million at home life contract?

Is Corvallis home for Smith?

I don't see how he stays at OSU. His salary next year is going to exceed their conference payout isn't it?