Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

CFP Rankings THIS Week

2»

Comments

• Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    pawz said:

There is almost no way UW plays Georgia

Which set of Dwags are you presuming will lose in the CFP Semi’s ??

Appears our Pod is saying GA Won’t be there. Everyone counting out GA. Heard it all week.
  • Options
    All this is fun, esp for the talking heads, but as usual, the SECCG IS the NCG.
  • Options
    DucksFCDucksFC Member Posts: 1,117
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
  • Options
    DucksFC said:

DELETE

My Duck fren, you not denying this, ehhh?

You thinking da Ducks and Nix have a shot playing GA? Within 24 points?
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,097
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

wat?
  • Options
    ExtraChrisBExtraChrisB Member Posts: 1,811
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Say Bama beats UGA and you have 13-0 Michigan/Ohio State, 13-0 UW, 13-0 FSU, 12-1 Texas, does the committee have the balls to leave the SEC out? In order to put 12-1 Bama in, they would either have to bounce an undefeated P5 champ (never been done, and major bullshit) or disregard head to head with Texas (which is the one consistent factor with this committee.)

That would be the best chance at a national championship that we’ll ever see. Semis against backup QB FSU, title game against B1G or Sark.
  • Options

Say Bama beats UGA and you have 13-0 Michigan/Ohio State, 13-0 UW, 13-0 FSU, 12-1 Texas, does the committee have the balls to leave the SEC out? In order to put 12-1 Bama in, they would either have to bounce an undefeated P5 champ (never been done, and major bullshit) or disregard head to head with Texas (which is the one consistent factor with this committee.)

That would be the best chance at a national championship that we’ll ever see. Semis against backup QB FSU, title game against B1G or Sark.

It is the conundrum I posted last week in the CFB board. With TX running back out, the way Bama has been playing late, and beating an undefeated GA in the best conference the past 4 years and won 13 out of last 19 NC games? What do think or decide?

Are we putting in most deserving or what we think RIGHT NOW are the best 4 teams?

No way there are 4 better teams in the nation RIGHT NOW than the SEC Champ. Can make a case for maybe 1 team. But 4??

NO. That’s my answer. Yours?
  • Options
    ExtraChrisBExtraChrisB Member Posts: 1,811
    SECDAWG said:

It is the conundrum I posted last week in the CFB board. With TX running back out, the way Bama has been playing late, and beating an undefeated GA in the best conference the past 4 years and won 13 out of last 19 NC games? What do think or decide?

Are we putting in most deserving or what we think RIGHT NOW are the best 4 teams?

No way there are 4 better teams in the nation RIGHT NOW than the SEC Champ. Can make a case for maybe 1 team. But 4??

If it was truly the 4 best teams then UGA/Bama could lose 2 or 3 along the way and be a shoe in. That’s next year, and that’s part of my issue with a 12 team playoff.

It’s a blend, and I have a huge issue with leaving out an undefeated conference champ or the team that beat the champ you’re forcing into the playoff.

A CFP of B1G champ, UW, FSU, and Texas is an easier field than UGA, B1G, UW, Bama for sure, but more deserving? Not by the committee’s criteria.
  • Options

SECDAWG said:

If it was truly the 4 best teams then UGA/Bama could lose 2 or 3 along the way and be a shoe in. That’s next year, and that’s part of my issue with a 12 team playoff.

It’s a blend, and I have a huge issue with leaving out an undefeated conference champ or the team that beat the champ you’re forcing into the playoff.

A CFP of B1G champ, UW, FSU, and Texas is an easier field than UGA, B1G, UW, Bama for sure, but more deserving? Not by the committee’s criteria.
    Your second paragraph says it all. Just because someone is a “Conference Champ”, does that mean they could beat GA or Bama?

Say FSU, undefeated. Their best win is LSU early. LSU is not #4 or 5 like they were. Clemson? Even if they beat Louisville in the CCG, you think Louisville has a chance against GA or Bama right now?

I get head to head and it should matter, to an extent. What someone did 10 weeks ago don’t mean they are the same team as NOW. That’s the problem. So it comes down to, a vote. A committee. An entity to decide. “We think that could happen NOW?”

Do we think 4 teams in the US of A could beat the SEC Champion?”

“No, well, no, I don’t think 4 teams can”

Conviction. There’s another word for ya. Honest. Another one.

It is about now. And the CFB committee, so far, has done well in this regard, and it’s held true. Bama shouldn’t been in 2017. Won it all. SEC two teams, folks were pissed. Wound up rematching for the NCG.

Here’s all you need to know. No matter fucking what, don’t matter what’s happened, in no way can you put the SEC Champ out NOW. And expect them to not been in the final, or most likely win.

There ain’t 4 better teams, collectively, than the SEC Champ. So
    No matter if yer on the committee or otherwise, prepare yer statement to the nation how yer going to explain this. Because it’s going to piss many folks off. But consciously, no one can count them out. Then let the Champ do the talking and the rest. And be vindicated:
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    The CFP committee job is definitely not the “most deserving”. So don’t twist.

Them mfkers would do us an all injustice to put a 1 loss TX team or an undefeated FSU team over an SEC Champ. Period.

I know that don’t seem right. But SOS, SOR, Eye test, and common sense has to play a major role.

Be better as a conference. Whatever. PAC champ is in because of those factors this year. Y’all are better. SEC is strong and y’all know it. Y’all think Michigan or tOSU is going to beat Bama and GA like a drum?? No, no y’all don’t. Michigan found out 2 years ago against GA and last year against TCU and GA beat TCU 100-0 before they put 5th string in and we holding them fucks to the highest standards??

Oregon played GA last year. How’s that turn out.?

IOW, can’t keep the SEC Champ out. Tell ya what can do with all these hammers fighting for a spot, don’t put two in. Best you can do. My pods. Best you can do. Hope they don’t put Bama AND GA in. And they shouldn’t this year. PAC is good, BIG is, LIL TX is, FSU, etc.

Me, however? Bama and GA would beat them all right now. IMO. WA don’t have the depth on defense but can score with anyone. meatchicken has fell off, tOSU defense wouldn’t keep up with GA and Bama, FSU just lost star player, Nix would run for his life like he always has when he see’s a big ass Crimson number or G on a helmet.
  • Options
    DucksFCDucksFC Member Posts: 1,117
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    edited November 2023
    SECDAWG said:

DucksFC said:

DELETE

2023 Bo Nix makes all the difference now compared to 2022 Bo Nix. True hmmrhead. Ducks by 30
  • Options
    DucksFC said:

SECDAWG said:

DucksFC said:

DELETE

2023 Bo Nix makes all the difference now compared to 2022 Bo Nix. True hmmrhead. Ducks by 30
    That a fact?

I have no doubt you know Bo Nix and his limitations.

However, I KNOW his limitations.

See his games against GA and Bama. His games you “know” aren’t the same I “know”.

It won’t be good, Pod. You will see a different, Bo. Trust me on this.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    DucksFC said:

SECDAWG said:

DucksFC said:

DELETE

I want you, of anyone, to remember this: cocky attitude, cocky QB. I like his spunk, don’t twist, but it ain’t good facing Monsters:

https://www.dawgnation.com/football/georgia-football-bo-nix-oregon-rematch/PLRZEFB5DZC6DHI622IHWEZUUU/#:~:text=He's saying the Oregon Ducks,8 team in the country.

Not good pod, not good.
  • Options
    Anyone knows who this fag is that keeps disagreeing with SEC shit talk???

• Options
    Hope it ain’t one of my Dawg guysms…
  • Options
    NoWarningJustDawgNoWarningJustDawg Member Posts: 1,000
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    SECDAWG said:

You are part of the problem that started when they put Tebow and FL who had the worst loss of the one loss teams in the national championship gayme.

Back then no one wanted a rematch of tOSU and Michigan.

Funny how y'all dont seem to mind rematches now. Spoilers, the rest of the nation still hates that shit.

Anyway, ever since then, y'all have had an assumption of being the best. And more often than not the SEC champ has been that. But this loyalty to conference without evidence of superiority I find nauseating. The rest of us know how to hate the rest of the conference properly.

Changing the rules to suit your situation that season isn't cute. If the committee uses a set of criteria one season yes of course you moron they need to use it every season. Yes if a one-loss Texas was left out in favor of a one-loss Bama that beat them at home, the entire thing is a farce and should be shut down. And you fucking know it but you're too busy blathering about SEC superiority to admit it. Buy it should work itself out fine for y'all this season anyway.

Option B is y'all remove yourselves and call your champ the winner, and the rest of us get back to playing college football.

And finally I downbote everyone with diarrhea of the keyboard who keeps talking out of their ass and with several posts in a row. When Stalin said he was considering allowing you back I posted "The cancer won"

But no worries, I'll be gone soon and we won't have to put up with each other. Reply if you like but I will not be coming back to your idiotic thread.

Have a nice day, or go fuck yourself. I don't give a shit.
  • Options
    edited November 2023

SECDAWG said:

You are part of the problem that started when they put Tebow and FL who had the worst loss of the one loss teams in the national championship gayme.

Back then no one wanted a rematch of tOSU and Michigan.

Funny how y'all dont seem to mind rematches now. Spoilers, the rest of the nation still hates that shit.

Anyway, ever since then, y'all have had an assumption of being the best. And more often than not the SEC champ has been that. But this loyalty to conference without evidence of superiority I find nauseating. The rest of us know how to hate the rest of the conference properly.

Changing the rules to suit your situation that season isn't cute. If the committee uses a set of criteria one season yes of course you moron they need to use it every season. Yes if a one-loss Texas was left out in favor of a one-loss Bama that beat them at home, the entire thing is a farce and should be shut down. And you fucking know it but you're too busy blathering about SEC superiority to admit it. Buy it should work itself out fine for y'all this season anyway.

Option B is y'all remove yourselves and call your champ the winner, and the rest of us get back to playing college football.

And finally I downbote everyone with diarrhea of the keyboard who keeps talking out of their ass and with several posts in a row. When Stalin said he was considering allowing you back I posted "The cancer won"

But no worries, I'll be gone soon and we won't have to put up with each other. Reply if you like but I will not be coming back to your idiotic thread.

Have a nice day, or go fuck yourself. I don't give a shit.
    Tebow? Spoilers? Assumptions?? Evidence? Rules? Crytearia?? REFUKNMOVE OURSELVES?? Diarrhea’s?

A lot of adjectives and horseshit in words to say I hate the fucking SEC, Everything they are, Everything they’ve accomplished, and especially you because I’m a jealous hater. Wow. Congrats fuckwad. And icing, “Stalin let me back, Cancer” and shit. Talking about butthurt pussy, glad you piped up, hater. That’s what you call, “NoWarningIamJustAPussy”. Lol
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,588
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    pawz said:

Which set of Dwags are you presuming will lose in the CFP Semi’s ??

I meant in the semis
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If Texas and Bama are both 10-1 conference champs and they pick Bama over Texas then we shouldn't bother playing the games