Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

McMillan

Comments

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,575
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Lack of reps, muscle memory. He can’t catch the ball right now

He needs more time in college if he can’t handle the beavers when it’s wet.
    Not a popular opinion but Polk played himself out of being a second day pick. All the bullshit he talked and then he played like dog shit. Rome played himself into maybe the first receiver picked.
    It was one game, dude
    What’s your point. NFL plays in bad weather. Was he a second day pick? I’ve yet to see him as a second round pick on any major mock drafts.
    This is actually fair.

If he doesnt get a second round draft grade, might as well get paid to play in college
  • Options
    CatGutCatGut Member Posts: 83
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    By the time the CCG rolls around, he will have had basically the equivalent of a spring camp’s worth of practices to knock the rust off. We don’t need him to beat the cougs, and he’ll be fine for Oregon when we actually need him.
  • Options
    CatGutCatGut Member Posts: 83
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

CatGut said:

By the time the CCG rolls around, he will have had basically the equivalent of a spring camp’s worth of practices to knock the rust off. We don’t need him to beat the cougs, and he’ll be fine for Oregon when we actually need him.

He needs to catch a contested pass in an actual game
    He’s done that a million times. After everything else the coaches have done in the last two years, I certainly trust them to get his confidence and conditioning back to where it needs to be by the Oregon game.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited November 2023
    CatGut said:

CatGut said:

He needs to catch a contested pass in an actual game
    He’s done that a million times. After everything else the coaches have done in the last two years, I certainly trust them to get his confidence and conditioning back to where it needs to be by the Oregon game.
    ...not since his injury

LRR
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Every indication is that the injury wasn't anything structural, but from the sounds of it he's never experienced a significant injury before.

The lack of confidence in his knee seems to be the biggest thing, and trying to bring him back twice against Oregon and Stanford only for him to last one drive didn't seem to help. The evaluation by the Seahawks doctors should've given him some hope that his leg wouldn't fall apart when he cuts and that it's mostly in his head.

He's now "finished" two games in Utah and Oregon State. Wasn't targeted against Utah and dropped one or two against the Beav, which probably didn't help the confidence either. He's clearly in his head and needs a couple of easy catches and a few hits before he starts getting back up to speed.

Hopefully he get this shit out of his head before the Oregon game
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,524
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Not a popular opinion but Polk played himself out of being a second day pick. All the bullshit he talked and then he played like dog shit. Rome played himself into maybe the first receiver picked.
    It was one game, dude
    What’s your point. NFL plays in bad weather. Was he a second day pick? I’ve yet to see him as a second round pick on any major mock drafts.
    This is actually fair.

If he doesnt get a second round draft grade, might as well get paid to play in college
    He would need to be more like a 5th round pick for the money to come close. This has already been covered with regards to Polk.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Dude you need a walk on the beach.

If I were an NFL GM looking for a receiver late first round, I'd be thrilled to get Polk.
    Over the other receivers showing up in the second round mock drafts?
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,086
    Founders Club

Dude you need a walk on the beach.

If I were an NFL GM looking for a receiver late first round, I'd be thrilled to get Polk.
    Over the other receivers showing up in the second round mock drafts?
    I love Polk. Always have.
  • Options

Nega please, it is just one game. You don’t discount the 10 games prior to that. Dude has been amazing outside of OSU
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

you guys are absolutely launching yourselves over the shark over this polk thing jesus

He dropped a couple vs Oregon State. All of his catches this year have been easy.
  • Options

you guys are absolutely launching yourselves over the shark over this polk thing jesus

He dropped a couple vs Oregon State. All of his catches this year have been easy.
    Idk, he made some clutch catches this year in tight spaces
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

That was Polks first and last bad game since DeBoer got here

I love Polk and I feel great about throwing to him this and every week but he had 4 games last year with 15 or less yards and 9 games with less than 50. He wasn't an automatic last year by any means. This year he certainly has been, before this week.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

That was Polks first and last bad game since DeBoer got here

I love Polk and I feel great about throwing to him this and every week but he had 4 games last year with 15 or less yards and 9 games with less than 50. He wasn't an automatic last year by any means. This year he certainly has been, before this week.
    I feel like those games were more a case of abundance with McMillan being healthy. Polk was open but other player were open-er
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,628
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

FireCohen said:

Idk, he made some clutch catches this year in tight spaces
    Sarcasm. He’s made amazing catches. He’s exceeded every expectation this year and played amazing. Nobody would think we went undefeated with McMillian missing 2/3rds of the season.
    Oh man my sarcasm meter failed me there. I was wondering about you Roadie.