Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Hawt Take

BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
UW announces a brand new deal with DeBoer this week, immediately following the Apple Cup at the latest.

If not, no bueno.

No specific intel. Just my gut.

Either way...

Comments

• Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,591
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    My buddy said the same thing. Said he feels like it should come out pre AC. I’d obviously be all for that. I’m in the camp though that DeBoer has his offer from UW in hand but will Wait to see if a blue blood opens up and if not sign his deal in January. His recruiting class is 40th. I mean Is it really going to “fall apart” if he waits? If he truly wanted to stay for another 5-7 years he’d of signed already. He’s got wandering eyes. What’s Dannen going to do? Put an ultimatum out there? He’s really kinda at DeBoers mercy. Hope I’m wrong.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,291
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

My buddy said the same thing. Said he feels like it should come out pre AC. I’d obviously be all for that. I’m in the camp though that DeBoer has his offer from UW in hand but will Wait to see if a blue blood opens up and if not sign his deal in January. His recruiting class is 40th. I mean Is it really going to “fall apart” if he waits? If he truly wanted to stay for another 5-7 years he’d of signed already. He’s got wandering eyes. What’s Dannen going to do? Put an ultimatum out there? He’s really kinda at DeBoers mercy. Hope I’m wrong.

I really don't sense that he's got wandering eyes for flashier markets. I think the qualities at UW (the woke stuff not withstanding), that attracted Petersen to UW are the same that attracted DeBoer to UW.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,609
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I guess this is a good problem to have.

Worry about winning out.

DeBoer already knows he will get paid regardless of how the season ends.

The longer he holds out, the greater his payday can become if he wins a Natty or big bowl game.

If I was in his shoes I wouldn't waste a thought on a contract until the season is over.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I really don't sense that he's got wandering eyes for flashier markets. I think the qualities at UW (the woke stuff not withstanding), that attracted Petersen to UW are the same that attracted DeBoer to UW.
    Lol. Outside of maybe Cal, football coaches aren't going to give two shits about the "woke stuff" that's going on on campuses.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    If he doesn't sign that tells me he may be waiting on Michigan. I don't see him jumping for any other potential jobs at the moment. No inside info, just the one blue blood that realistically makes sense at the moment as a fit.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,591
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

DeBoer is focusing on winning a natty, pod

Prayingdooggif
  • Options

Nothing would be better for recruiting and eliminating distractions than announcing his commitment with a new contract. The longer it goes, the more the questions and rumors swirl.
  • Options
    Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,877
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    I don't see him going anywhere because he's already exceeded expectations here and made everyone happy. He has earned job security here. Plus, history tells us that outside of Sark, coaches don't voluntarily leave Washington for another college job.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,491
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Baseman said:

Worry about winning out.

The longer he holds out, the greater his payday can become if he wins a Natty or big bowl game.

If I was in his shoes I wouldn't waste a thought on a contract until the season is over.

A new suitor might not wait. Recruiting and roster retention dictate the cadence of change. Rarely do you see a big time fish jump after a bowl game. Sure, Deboer could roll the dice, bet on himself and hope the payday will be there in January. If i'm his agent, we strike while the iron is hot. The Risk/reward of letting this play into January doesn't favor the coach. Unless he's waiting to see what Michigan does. His agent will want the Texas A&M job open for leverage. Absent Jen firing Riley or another surprise job coming open, what other school has the juice THIS year to land him? UCLA? Maybe

He already has the pixy dust at his back. A beat down in the playoffs or gulp, a choke in the Pac12 title game followed by a lessor bowl and facing a rebuild next year is a massive risk for a guy looking at a guaranteed double right now.

If it's Washington, why not now?

I'm hearing we're not fucking around. Winning it all isn't going to change our offer. We have what we have, and we are putting all our cards on the table, coming with our best bolt, as we should.

If Deboer wants to stay here, he should accept soon for the recruiting and eliminating the inevitable distractions that could affect the players
    How many Doogcoins are they offering him tho?
  • Options

Baseman said:

Worry about winning out.

A new suitor might not wait. Recruiting and roster retention dictate the cadence of change. Rarely do you see a big time fish jump after a bowl game. Sure, Deboer could roll the dice, bet on himself and hope the payday will be there in January. If i'm his agent, we strike while the iron is hot. The Risk/reward of letting this play into January doesn't favor the coach. Unless he's waiting to see what Michigan does. His agent will want the Texas A&M job open for leverage. Absent Jen firing Riley or another surprise job coming open, what other school has the juice THIS year to land him? UCLA? Maybe

He already has the pixy dust at his back. A beat down in the playoffs or gulp, a choke in the Pac12 title game followed by a lessor bowl and facing a rebuild next year is a massive risk for a guy looking at a guaranteed double right now.

I'm hearing we're not fucking around. Winning it all isn't going to change our offer. We have what we have, and we are putting all our cards on the table, coming with our best bolt, as we should.

If Deboer wants to stay here, he should accept soon for the recruiting and eliminating the inevitable distractions that could affect the players
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Worry about winning out.

If that's our all in no wonder why he hasn't taken us up on it. Fuck jen for here idiotic contracts with Jimmy Lake and Mike Hopkins that have weighed us down.

He still may sign but I bet he is waiting to see what Harbaugh does.
  • Options

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Worry about winning out.

If that's our all in no wonder why he hasn't taken us up on it. Fuck jen for here idiotic contracts with Jimmy Lake and Mike Hopkins that have weighed us down.

If you can't grasp the REAL value of a Doogcoin, I can't help you
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,002
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited November 2023
    Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Worry about winning out.

If you can't grasp the REAL there is no inherent value of any crypto currency a Doogcoin, I can't help you