Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Top performers last night

dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
There were a number of players that made the difference in the game last night and got us out of a place many good teams go to die with a win. I was really thinking the streak was going to come to an end when OSU had the ball down by two and driving. The 163 missed tackles up to that point had shaken my confidence that we?'d stop them. Apparently, they're built for that and came up with a stop and gave Penix the dagger to stick in the beaver's heart by converting the first down with his throw to Odunze.

Odunze - what a performance. I haven't seen a WR in his class since Reggie and I'm not sure Rome isn't better than Reggie. He gets mauled and still comes up with the ball and made some really tough catches yesterday when the other WR couldn't seem to hold on to a wet ball. He only gets about 1 in 4 PI flags that he should get or we? would move down the field on yellow flags about every drive.

Tuli - he made a number of drive killing tackles and also got his hands on a throw that would have otherwise gone for yards. I think they would have run all over us without him.

Bruener - he was all over the place making tackles and the fumble he caused was a giant change of momentum. Dude's motor is always running at full power.

Muhammad - had a great game. 2 picks and a number of catches broken up that looked like they were going to go for big yards.

Penix - Had all of our receivers decided to catch the ball like Odunze and Westover, his numbers would have been gaudy. He delivered the ball where it needed to be in pretty tough weather conditions, and made a couple throws that were just ridiculous. His stats don't look anywhere near the level of his performance.

11-0 and only Cuog in the way now. It would be nifty if we could clean up the penalties and figure out how to tackle, but I am enjoying being unbeaten and not having to explain how good our one loss is. TSINO

Comments