Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

From the SC Bored: Jen Cohen Will Force...

The right DC hire. Riley has officially lost the opportunity to pick himself. I hope and pray it is Lake because we need fire and he can bring it and recruiting. Riley has one last shot to start fresh, hire guys and right the ship

Discuss

Comments

• KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,053
    I still can't believe he has $100 million still left on his deal. He isn't getting hired in the NFL. They are gonna need at least 10-15 impact defensive players from the portal to turn it around quick. Kind of like what Oklahoma did this past off season.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,042 Standard Supporter
    Hire lake to get him him partially off the payroll.
  • Dawgmeat9Dawgmeat9 Member Posts: 23

The right DC hire. Riley has officially lost the opportunity to pick himself. I hope and pray it is Lake because we need fire and he can bring it and recruiting. Riley has one last shot to start fresh, hire guys and right the ship

Discuss

I agree because she cares about winning. See Mike Hopkins
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,523 Swaye's Wigwam

I still can't believe he has $100 million still left on his deal. He isn't getting hired in the NFL. They are gonna need at least 10-15 impact defensive players from the portal to turn it around quick. Kind of like what Oklahoma did this past off season.

Jen knows just the gal that can come in and get it done!

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,363 Founders Club
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,506 Swaye's Wigwam
    I would argue that SC is one of the few schools in the country that has the ability to go the opposite direction as everyone else and get a defensive minded head coach instead of a metro, small faced, pussy coach that will put up more points.

Getting NFL athletes with a great scheme and locking people down was the move to make.
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958 Standard Supporter
    I was about to make a joke about Riley being Helton 2.0, but then remembered Helton at least won a Rose Bowl.
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958 Standard Supporter

Too lazy to dig back and find all of the Hardcore Husky "USC made a big dick hire; UW are pussies!" hawt takes at the time, but they were legion.

Not that I'm here to beat my chest, but I'm on record that I thought betting $126 million on a corch who's never fielded a competent defense in his career and hired Alex Grinch to fix that problem was the height of fiscal irresponsibility, "big dick" or not. Pointed out that $126 million buys you THREE DeBoers, and one of those three would almost assuredly be better than USC's big dick hire. Ergo USC was dumb and chased the clicks, UW was smart and chased the substance.

Turns out Riley bombed even more spectacularly and quickly than even I expected.

And it only took one DeBoer. $16.5 million > $126 million.

Not that I'm here to beat my chest or anything. Math, stats, facts.

I remember those threads and shaking my head about how everyone got raging jealousy boners over the Riley hire, and then agreeing silently with the brave few who weren’t concerned.

St. Haden continues to bless us.
  • SpoonieLuvSpoonieLuv Member Posts: 5,450
    Perfect Tag Team opportunity