Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

OT: Which poaster used to annoy you, but now you think they’re alright?

Comments

• whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,605 Standard Supporter
    I usually just ignore if someone is annoying/stupid/incomprehensible, so hard to name anyone, but Pup was definitely on the list of "What is she/he/they talking about" who I now appreciate.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,422 Founders Club

EVERYONE.gif

Early days after joining this place, I quit the board for nearly a year when it seemed to go through a "racism is cool and funny!" phase. It was only a couple of posters doing the heavy lifting, but it's not like the response was overwhelmingly negative.

In the end, I didn't know how to quit you, so back I came. There's never been a joke told that couldn't offend someone, and I'd rather tiptoe through the Thunderdome here than live a completely PC life devoid of anything funny. There are still unfortunate attempts to be "edgy" here that make me shake my damned head, but it's worth wading through it for the goldmine of humor that properly toes the line.

You and I definitely share a love-hate relationship for this place. I’m not ashamed to say I sometimes need to take mental health breaks from certain websites/social media because it gets too fucking toxic. We all deal with enough shit in our real lives, why voluntarily bring it into our homes?

But as you say, I too eventually go full circle and return because in order to experience anything fun in life you sometimes have to go through a bunch of a crap to get there. And apart from my family and one other friend, I literally have no one else to talk to about my DWAGS IRL so I need to find that community online.

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,976 Founders Club
    During my new fish phase @creepycoug tried to bully me over the USC respecting us issue. Then it was discovered this swarthy, pendejo was a YUGE rowboat aficionado. Subsequently, a non aggression pact was signed and we've been BFFs ever since.

Gave up years ago though on getting that cheap bastard to buy a gaming license. The Iberians are a proud and stubborn people.
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958 Standard Supporter

EVERYONE.gif

Early days after joining this place, I quit the board for nearly a year when it seemed to go through a "racism is cool and funny!" phase. It was only a couple of posters doing the heavy lifting, but it's not like the response was overwhelmingly negative.

In the end, I didn't know how to quit you, so back I came. There's never been a joke told that couldn't offend someone, and I'd rather tiptoe through the Thunderdome here than live a completely PC life devoid of anything funny. There are still unfortunate attempts to be "edgy" here that make me shake my damned head, but it's worth wading through it for the goldmine of humor that properly toes the line.

You and I definitely share a love-hate relationship for this place. I’m not ashamed to say I sometimes need to take mental health breaks from certain websites/social media because it gets too fucking toxic. We all deal with enough shit in our real lives, why voluntarily bring it into our homes?

But as you say, I too eventually go full circle and return because in order to experience anything fun in life you sometimes have to go through a bunch of a crap to get there. And apart from my family and one other friend, I literally have no one else to talk to about my DWAGS IRL so I need to find that community online.

I don't get this - am I supposed to be Popcorn Man? If so, hurtful.

During my new fish phase @creepycoug tried to bully me over the USC respecting us issue. Then it was discovered this swarthy, pendejo was a YUGE rowboat aficionado. Subsequently, a non aggression pact was signed and we've been BFFs ever since.

Gave up years ago though on getting that cheap bastard to buy a gaming license. The Iberians are a proud and stubborn people.

@creepycoug hazed me a bit in the beginning too.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,422 Founders Club

EVERYONE.gif

LOL not at all in any literal sense. It was just the idea of a fan flying solo and being like "FYFMFE"
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter
    Hardcore Husky is the romper room of the ID.

EVERYONE.gif

LOL not at all in any literal sense. It was just the idea of a fan flying solo and being like "FYFMFE"
    Ah, gotcha! Well, in that case maybe I am Popcorn man. I love my new home but there is very little in the way of PNW expat presence, which surprised me. Hopefully I’ll find my local football peeps.

EVERYONE.gif

This is well said

I wish we were more like that in the real world

Comedy has taken a beating
    If Hardcore Husky had emerged in 1970s culture, it might not have even stood out at all.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    PurpleJ said:

I win people over with my bubbly personality and gay figure skating outfits. More cock caught it and cried!

I fell in love with you when you pissed on those UDistrict hipsters lawn
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,527 Founders Club
    I'd say I'm warming on J. We've had our disagreements over the years and a few like to say noone likes me (oh well). He's definitely been funny on the Duck Refuse Bored. I'm not crazy about the C Bruin moniker but others seem to enjoy it so majority rulez.

It took me about a year to really get Pumpy. He wasn't as funny in 2013 or so. His peak was probably '14 to '16. I tried to get him to come back or poast more around 2017 or so, but he seemed to cringe at some of the humor here.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

I'd say I'm warming on J. We've had our disagreements over the years and a few like to say noone likes me (oh well). He's definitely been funny on the Duck Refuse Bored. I'm not crazy about the C Bruin moniker but others seem to enjoy it so majority rulez.

It took me about a year to really get Pumpy. He wasn't as funny in 2013 or so. His peak was probably '14 to '16. I tried to get him to come back or poast more around 2017 or so, but he seemed to cringe at some of the humor here.

Pump was FOR the Fire Marshall

(I am too)
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,940 Founders Club
    Just acknowledge that SEC futbol rulez and we’ll be cool.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,512 Founders Club
    Pup cringing at the humor here

All right then
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,527 Founders Club
    PurpleJ said:

Just acknowledge that SEC futbol rulez and we’ll be cool.

You know that'll never happen.

Bammer and Florida had their moments. The rest is mostly smoke, mirrors, and Cam.