Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Seed has been planted

HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Alabama will jump a 13-0 UW team

Did you hear it right before they announced the top 5?

Comments

• Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,118
    Founders Club
    Sec is making it clear they get at least one team in, same with B1G

ACC and Pac can go scrambling for the scraps
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,484
    Founders Club
    If UW goes undefeated, they’re number 3 at worst. There’s no fucking way we beat Beav and Oregon for the 2nd time and don’t jump half ass U.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Oregon is ahead of Texas because they have a better loss that negates the Texas win over Bama. WE? all know Sark won't close but if both Oregon and Texas are 12-1 champs - and we? know Oregon has already won the conference - and there is one spot who goes?
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,118
    Founders Club
    And if Alabama wins the SECCG they will swap rankings with Georgia not be left out
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Oregon is ahead of Texas because they have a better loss that negates the Texas win over Bama. WE? all know Sark won't close but if both Oregon and Texas are 12-1 champs - and we? know Oregon has already won the conference - and there is one spot who goes?

I’m old enough to remember when 6 weeks ago the PAC was the best/deepest conf in the world.

Not sure why that changed other than everyone beating up on each other as predicted.

If UW beats OSU then UO beats OSU and UW I think UO gets in over Texas rather easily. That’s two top 8 wins in final 2 weeks.

I think if you lose to OSU then beat Oregon in the CCG you don’t get in or it’s going to be very very close and will take some very cool heads to realize what the right thing to do is.

I tried to warn everyone last week of this odd situation but instead you all just got mad.
    The Seaver Narrative

I'm not mad - it is blatantly illogical

One loss Pac champ is in or not - doesn't matter who it is - it matters who else is out there

Once Oregon beats UW it becomes a top 25 win because the DAWGS will drop to 20

UW beating Oregon in October is the best win among the top 10 based on the top 10

Call me Spock
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited November 2023
    It’s not my logic. It’s the committees.

Why would you ask who gets in between Texas and Oregon if you don’t believe in the same logic?

You call it a my narrative as if I want it to happen. Would it be funny? Yes. Would it the right thing for them to do? No.

You would not get from 8 back to 4 in two weeks. You barely made it back from the 6 spot last time.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The committee throws everything out the window for the final rankings. Even they know that what we are seeing now is bullshit

TCU lost to K State in game 12 and got in

My point is that Oregon is not better than UW despite the narrative that they are. UW has the best win. Oregon the best loss

Losing to top 10 Oregon State is a bump - depending on the rest

Texas beat Bama and is behind Oregon - the Pac still has some cred - and the reason is that Oregon lost to Washington

I realize you didn't invent this but The Seaver Narrative has a ring to it

• Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Well I hope you’re wrong (for the laughs) but you should be right.
  • Options
    TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,581
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    The undefeated UW or one loss UO winner of the conference championship gets in, otherwise no PAC12
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The whole point of which conferences are the strongest matters for tie breaker situations. So the PAC has been arguably the best conference this year yet a 12-1 PAC winner isn't better than a 12-1 ACC or B12 winner? Wrong