Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

What is everyone afraid of?

Comments

• bisonduckbisonduck Member Posts: 714
    Utah was much better with Barton at linebacker.
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,811 Swaye's Wigwam
    whlinder said:

Reser Stadium has hosted 1 top 10 matchup in its history.

#8 OSU 23, #5 Oregon 13
    Aka the game that sent our 2000 Dwags of War to the Rose Bowl.

The following year, our 8th ranked defending Rose Bowl champs rolled in to Reser 7-1 having just beaten top 10 Stanford, and with a path to the BCS due to games remaining against top 10 Cuog and #1 the U.

An underachieving Beav whooped us 49-24 and that was that.

I’m petrified they’ll be all greased up and pull off something like in 2001.

Ken Simonton isn’t walking through that door anytime soon and Jonathan Smith has no eligibility remaining.
  • dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,363
    I'm terrified of a salty beaver. It's going to be a nail-biter, we will keep winning until we don't. I think the defense will tighten things up on Saturday and continue to make timely stops. Penix will have one helluva game, take screenshots now
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,517 Swaye's Wigwam
    How are they salty though? They've had the easiest schedule up to this point. Lost the only real opponent they played, and they got Utah and UCLA early when they were still trying to figure things out at QB. This beavlet team probably has 4-5 losses with last year's schedule.

UW played loose in Eugene last year, DeBoer gets it done with some style points Saturday.
  • RTDRTD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 818 Founders Club

Beaver meat is good. Tail is greasy. Or vice versa

Watching Alone has me fearing beaver meat

Anyone who eats that shit gets sick

Benji got fucked up by that Beaver in Season 9. Probably has something to do with no freezer and eating week old meat that was rotting.

• PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,500 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2023
    Beav really reminds me of a Peterlips team

Smith is partying likes it's 2017-2018 UW with how his beavlets play
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,405 Swaye's Wigwam
    ntxduck said:

UW is clearly much better than beav. But they do have an elite OL and run game which is the formula for pulling an upset against a superior team with a high-scoring offense.

Run the ball, run the clock, limit the total # of possessions and 1-2 key plays (turnovers or penalties) can decide the entire game. Same game theory you see in March madness where mid majors slow it down and try to keep games in the 50s.

The more possessions there are, talent tends to win out more often than not.

Pretty much this. College is about matchups and I think the beav has a lot of that going on for this game.

Atbs I think the Penix mightier and rolls.
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,274 Swaye's Wigwam
    I think Washington is more talented, much better at QB, more well coached and impossibly better suited to win if it turns into a shootout. Still, it's college football, going to be shitty cold weather in the last Pac-12 game in Reser before they get left behind, and they probably blame UW for it. They could lose. That's college football.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,175
    Before the season started my thought on Beav was that their defense was going to take a big step backwards and that would be their downfall. Sticking with that and a win for the Dawgs with some defensive momentum from the second half against a Utah team who, in theory, should have provided a decent glimpse at what they face this weekend.

UW - 38
    Beav - 27
  • BreadBread Member Posts: 4,011

Lost to WSU
    Won a shootout with Cal
    Lost to Arizona

Vasectomy

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,422 Founders Club

Lost to WSU
    Won a shootout with Cal
    Lost to Arizona
    Close game recently against Colorado

Autist for head coach.

Good running back. QB play has been good. They just don't have the bullets.

Another close win...but we win by maybe 10-14.

I'm not afraid of Beav. But I know we are going to get everything they've got including a bloodthirsty home crowd frothing at the mouth.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,517 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2023

Lost to WSU
    Won a shootout with Cal
    Lost to Arizona

Autist for head coach.

I'm not afraid of Beav. But I know we are going to get everything they've got including a bloodthirsty home crowd frothing at the mouth.
    I guarantee I've been to more beav games than anyone here including a bunch of the Chip civil wars and the Oregon State 😉 game, Sean Mannion beating #8 Arizona State, etc.

Crowd and atmosphere isn't intimidating. Jimmy Lake was going to win if he didn't decide to do the 5 yard sneak. They quieted real quick when McGrew scored in the 4th and it didn't come back until the game was over.

edit: I guess the realignment stuff makes it different, but still.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,422 Founders Club
    haie said:

Lost to WSU
    Won a shootout with Cal
    Lost to Arizona

Autist for head coach.

I guarantee I've been to more beav games than anyone here including a bunch of the Chip civil wars and the Oregon State 😉 game, Sean Mannion beating #8 Arizona State, etc.

Crowd and atmosphere isn't intimidating. Jimmy Lake was going to win if he didn't decide to do the 5 yard sneak. They quieted real quick when McGrew scored in the 4th and it didn't come back until the game was over.

edit: I guess the realignment stuff makes it different, but still.
    That last part is what I'm driving at.

I've been to Reser 5 times total FWIW
    dnc said:

Real talk there is a ton to be afraid of here. A team with a chip on it's shoulder, Pac12 refs, a coach that desperately wants to beat us (only team to beat him in 2000, OC'd here for years), Pac12 refs, a fanbase that suddenly thinks we are the devil, Pac12 refs, weather that plays in the hands of the running team, Pac12 refs.

I've had this game as our one regular season L since the season started and Beav is better than I expected them to be at this point. I won't be shocked if Penix/DeBoer pull something out because that's who they are but there are a ton of ways this game goes sideways.

Also, don't forget about those Pac-12 refs
  • flatusflatus Member Posts: 914

Beaver meat is good. Tail is greasy. Or vice versa

Beaver anal gland secretion has a delightful vanilla smell and even better taste. Allegedly.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/animals/article/beaver-butt-goo-vanilla-flavoring

"But getting a beaver to produce castoreum for purposes of food processing is tough. Foodies bent on acquiring some of the sticky stuff have to anesthetize the animal and then “milk” its nether regions."

#themoreyouknow