Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Fraud alert

Comments

• Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,551
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2023
    phineas said:

Poor coaching
    Three players with absolutely no awareness on this play

has there been a worse one off these? this guy was nowhere near the end zone
    one - Utah did the same thing against the Ducks - except thee Duckies ran it back for a TD

EDIT https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QABICbn6T0w
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,259
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

whlinder said:

Time for Penn State's defense and defensive staff to portal to Washington

Wilcox after Cal fires him
    After Cal can't afford him.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,908
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

RoadTrip said:

Poor coaching

What's worse is you could tell at the 5 he was going to do it.
    The most egregious instance of this unbelievable phenomenon.

What the fuck goes through someone's mind. The ground is literally purple where you are supposed to go.
    Barry Sanders was known to simply flip the ball to the ref after scoring. If I’m a player, I’m holding the ball in the end zone until I hand it to the ref just to be safe.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,526
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

RoadTrip said:

Poor coaching

What's worse is you could tell at the 5 he was going to do it.
    The most egregious instance of this unbelievable phenomenon.

What the fuck goes through someone's mind. The ground is literally purple where you are supposed to go.
    Barry Sanders was known to simply flip the ball to the ref after scoring. If I’m a player, I’m holding the ball in the end zone until I hand it to the ref just to be safe.
    Sounds like Barry was old and white. Right?
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,985
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Canadawg said:

UW junior cornerback Jabbar Muhammad — who finished with four tackles in the win — said there was “a schematic shift, for sure. [Co-defensive coordinator Chuck] Morrell came in and made some great adjustments.

“We kind of went back to the basics, if I’m being honest with you. We didn’t abort the game plan, but we went back to the basics and what we were comfortable with. We were playing more sticky in the back end, tackling better and all types of stuff.”

Seems as though the coaching staff has been overcomplicating shit rather than putting their players in a position to react vs overthink. Not surprising.

In line with this I hate how often Bruener or whoever is making the calls is always flipping out half a second before the ball is snapped. Seems like d line is often late getting set in stance and DBs are always running around even as the ball is snapped. How can you play at full speed when your not in position with your eyes on your assignment when the play starts?
    From what I could tell we were putting 8 or 9 in the box way too much leaving whoever is opposite Mohammed to tackle 1 on 1. Spoiler alert. They can't.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited November 2023

Canadawg said:

UW junior cornerback Jabbar Muhammad — who finished with four tackles in the win — said there was “a schematic shift, for sure. [Co-defensive coordinator Chuck] Morrell came in and made some great adjustments.

“We kind of went back to the basics, if I’m being honest with you. We didn’t abort the game plan, but we went back to the basics and what we were comfortable with. We were playing more sticky in the back end, tackling better and all types of stuff.”

Seems as though the coaching staff has been overcomplicating shit rather than putting their players in a position to react vs overthink. Not surprising.

In line with this I hate how often Bruener or whoever is making the calls is always flipping out half a second before the ball is snapped. Seems like d line is often late getting set in stance and DBs are always running around even as the ball is snapped. How can you play at full speed when your not in position with your eyes on your assignment when the play starts?
    From what I could tell we were putting 8 or 9 in the box way too much leaving whoever is opposite Mohammed to tackle 1 on 1. Spoiler alert. They can't.
    Exactly what you want to do and it worked the second half. You want to do the same thing against Beavs this week. Don’t let Martinez beat you putting up 200 yards and grinding clock, put the ball in the receivers hands and take a chance.
  • Options
    edited November 2023

First let me say Dom Hampton will probably be an all pro with a long career in the NFL.

This is another clear example of these players not being coached up and frauds by the defensive staff.
    Why the fuck would he intercept a pass on 4th down? Knock the ball down dude, seriously what the fuck.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,118
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

First let me say Dom Hampton will probably be an all pro with a long career in the NFL.

This is another clear example of these players not being coached up and frauds by the defensive staff.
    Why the fuck would he intercept a pass on 4th down? Knock the ball down dude, seriously what the fuck.

You don’t understand the emotion on the field
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,507
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Canadawg said:

Exactly what you want to do and it worked the second half. You want to do the same thing against Beavs this week. Don’t let Martinez beat you putting up 200 yards and grinding clock, put the ball in the receivers hands and take a chance.
    Martinez isn't putting up 200 on our dl/lb's. This is a better matchup for our? defense than previous weeks. Tiny receivers, big slow Seattle area safety valve tight end that didn't get a sniff from UW.

DJU is going to get a shit ton of pressure and he sucks more than most qb's in these league under duress.
  • Options
    haie said:

Canadawg said:

Martinez isn't putting up 200 on our dl/lb's. This is a better matchup for our? defense than previous weeks. Tiny receivers, big slow Seattle area safety valve tight end that didn't get a sniff from UW.

DJU is going to get a shit ton of pressure and he sucks more than most qb's in these league under duress.
    Isn’t that the same as stacking the box and leaving your corners on an island??? 🤔