Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

QB draft order

13»

Comments

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,623
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TheHB said:

NFL GMs are a desperate bunch. The pressure is on from all sides, and they know they can't win anything without a good QB. Every year, we see QBs who shouldn't be drafted early who are. 2024 will be no different. Penix will be taken in round 1.

Cook it.

I definitely wasn't ruling it out. Drafts can be hard to predict. He throws the ball better than just about any college QB I've ever watched. Maybe that's enough and the injury concern fans talk about is a non issue.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited November 2023
    The only other thing that might hurt Penix is how fucking good his receivers are. I read a stat that Rome leads the nation in contested catches.

Nix grades like a Brock Purdy. I think he needs to go to an established late first round team, and learn the system for a couple years before starting. The Rams would be the ideal landing spot for him. Learn for a year or two behind Stafford, then have Puca and others to throw to.

Williams sitting a year won’t help. When was the last time a good team drafted in the top 3? This year, he might avoid the Bears. But next year is he ok with the Jets? Giants? Panthers? Bucs? Falcons?
  • Options
    TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,577
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited November 2023
    I think that is what all the crying and cuddling with the dawg is about, he desperately wants to drop lower in the draft
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,061
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    TheHB said:

NFL GMs are a desperate bunch. The pressure is on from all sides, and they know they can't win anything without a good QB. Every year, we see QBs who shouldn't be drafted early who are. 2024 will be no different. Penix will be taken in round 1.

Cook it.

Yep.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    chuck said:

chuck said:

I wouldn't take a QB with the first pick. As a matter of fact I'd almost never use the first pick as anything but trade bait.

But Williams is the easy choice for first QB. Hero ball, rat ball...whatever it is...is what works.

Penix is a rare talent throwing the ball. Plenty of teams probably want him there to see if it translates but I don't see anyone risking a pick higher than 4th round or so on him.

Christ chuck, go ahead and sit this one out. Penix is being widely projected as a top half of the first round guy. The question has now shifted to whether he's the #1 overall pick (I highly doubt it), yet here you are droning on about the 4th round.
    Jesus you're a combative bastard. This isn't life or death here pal. I don't try to make a living queefing stuff like this out.

I think Penix is viewed as fragile and a high injury risk. I don't think he'll even go in the early rounds because of it. I'd love to be wrong.
    Don't worry chuck, I still love you. Even if your queef takes on draft position are objectively shit.
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,540
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2023

The only other thing that might hurt Penix is how fucking good his receivers are. I read a stat that Rome leads the nation in contested catches.

Nix grades like a Brock Purdy. I think he needs to go to an established late first round team, and learn the system for a couple years before starting. The Rams would be the ideal landing spot for him. Learn for a year or two behind Stafford, then have Puca and others to throw to.

Williams sitting a year won’t help. When was the last time a good team drafted in the top 3? This year, he might avoid the Bears. But next year is he ok with the Jets? Giants? Panthers? Bucs? Falcons?

Yeah that's the thing with Williams. He has to kind of do a bitch Elway/Eli Manning move and just refuse to play for certain teams and the funny part is some of them are some of the league's best markets - Giants/Jets/Bears.

I'm coming around to teams taking the risk on Penix. The NFL is littered with QBs who are okay but can't win you shit unless you're a juggernaut so why not try a guy with an elite arm/passer? I'm not too worried about the receivers. You could say Burrow easily had better and Stroud who is looking good. Like if Browning or some guy like Davis Mills or some shit had Odunze/Polk it wouldn't automatically make them as good as Penix.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,478
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I think Penix will slip based on injury history, but he’s going to start in the NFL eventually. His arm is just that good