Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

QB draft order

Comments

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,496
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited November 2023
    I think Maye is the next Trubisky. 'Nuff said on that. Imagine taking a QB from North Carolina high in the 1st round.

Penix has a weird throwing angle that will hurt his stock as much as his injury history. ATBS, he has the most arm talent in the draft. Of course, the same could've been said about Eason.

Nix is a bad pick any earlier than the 3rd round. I don't think he's going to do much in the league, but if Browning can be a career backup he can, too. I think his ceiling is Nick Foles 2.0, minus the allegedly large penis.

Williams is obviously #1 and has talent, but I don't think 25% of his game translates to the NFL, and he also is small and mentally weak.

Edit: One of them will probably pan out but I'm not hyped about any as a pro prospect. I could see Jayden Daniels being better than all of them.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,341
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Williams will go #1 because Mahomes

Mahomes got drafted later and has the good fortune of being in KC and having a year behind Smith

Williams won't be as fortunate

Williams is the real deal but Arizona or Chicago will be bad teams and he has to be the savior

Penix should go later which is good for him and bad for his bank account initially
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

I think Maye is the next Trubisky. 'Nuff said on that. Imagine taking a QB from North Carolina high in the 1st round.

Penix has a weird throwing angle that will hurt his stock as much as his injury history. ATBS, he has the most arm talent in the draft. Of course, the same could've been said about Eason.

Nix is a bad pick any earlier than the 3rd round. I don't think he's going to do much in the league, but if Browning can be a career backup he can, too. I think his ceiling is Nick Foles 2.0, minus the allegedly large penis.

Williams is obviously #1 and has talent, but I don't think 25% of his game translates to the NFL, and he also is small and mentally weak.

Edit: One of them will probably pan out but I'm not hyped about any as a pro prospect. I could see Jayden Daniels being better than all of them.

Nix has improved every year. He's a much better athlete than Brownsox across the bored. Nearly 80% completions. Deep ball is a question mark. Mid/Late 2nd, Third round.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,324
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Nix isn’t the same QB he was two years ago.

He's not even the same QB he was last year.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sadly, the Seahawks would pass on qb and take a running back.

And a running back they could have drafted in the fourth round at that.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,496
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Baseman said:

Nix has improved every year. He's a much better athlete than Brownsox across the bored. Nearly 80% completions. Deep ball is a question mark. Mid/Late 2nd, Third round.
    He is a one read and dump off QB in the NFL.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,616
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I wouldn't take a QB with the first pick. As a matter of fact I'd almost never use the first pick as anything but trade bait.

But Williams is the easy choice for first QB. Hero ball, rat ball...whatever it is...is what works.

Penix is a rare talent throwing the ball. Plenty of teams probably want him there to see if it translates but I don't see anyone risking a pick higher than 4th round or so on him.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,866
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Nix could play 15 to 20 years in the NFL as a starter or back up if he wasn't 35 years old

Look at Geno.

I've doubted Nix a lot but he's showing well this year, especially without having to be much of a runner. Seems like a high floor but also low ceiling guy. Someone gave a Derek Carr comparison which seems fair. Browning isn't fair. Nix on UW in 2016-18 is special, especially if he got fucking five years to start. He also seems like he's going to work hard on his game till he retires.

Penix to me seems very low floor but high ceiling. A team which can protect him with decent receivers and he could be incredible.

Williams is infinite ceiling to me. No question take him as the first QB. I get the hero ball stuff but as someone said if you're team isn't awful he should be fine.

Maye seems like a guy who is in every draft who just doesn't pop at anything to me but has all the boxes checked off and you need something that makes you special at QB.
    He’s going to a shitty organization considering the Bears and Cardinals own the first 3 picks.
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,509
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2023

Nix could play 15 to 20 years in the NFL as a starter or back up if he wasn't 35 years old

Look at Geno.

I've doubted Nix a lot but he's showing well this year, especially without having to be much of a runner. Seems like a high floor but also low ceiling guy. Someone gave a Derek Carr comparison which seems fair. Browning isn't fair. Nix on UW in 2016-18 is special, especially if he got fucking five years to start. He also seems like he's going to work hard on his game till he retires.

Penix to me seems very low floor but high ceiling. A team which can protect him with decent receivers and he could be incredible.

Williams is infinite ceiling to me. No question take him as the first QB. I get the hero ball stuff but as someone said if you're team isn't awful he should be fine.

Maye seems like a guy who is in every draft who just doesn't pop at anything to me but has all the boxes checked off and you need something that makes you special at QB.
    He’s going to a shitty organization considering the Bears and Cardinals own the first 3 picks.
    That's why he's grad transferring to UW to finish his career, get cash, then see who is picking at the top of the 2025 draft.
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,044
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I'm not going to talk shit about Caleb Williams until after this weekend.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,551
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    dtd said:

I'm not going to talk shit about Caleb Williams until after this weekend.

Same. He is really good.

I don't really care about the painted nails, crying after the game, etc.

Pink tutus and all that. Kid can play and has to deal with one of the worst D1 defenses I've ever seen.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    chuck said:

I wouldn't take a QB with the first pick. As a matter of fact I'd almost never use the first pick as anything but trade bait.

But Williams is the easy choice for first QB. Hero ball, rat ball...whatever it is...is what works.

Penix is a rare talent throwing the ball. Plenty of teams probably want him there to see if it translates but I don't see anyone risking a pick higher than 4th round or so on him.

Christ chuck, go ahead and sit this one out. Penix is being widely projected as a top half of the first round guy. The question has now shifted to whether he's the #1 overall pick (I highly doubt it), yet here you are droning on about the 4th round.
  • Options
    SkipBoydSkipBoyd Member Posts: 403
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Nix isn’t the same QB he was two eleven years ago.

Fixed it for you.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,980
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited November 2023

chuck said:

Christ chuck, go ahead and sit this one out. Penix is being widely projected as a top half of the first round guy. The question has now shifted to whether he's the #1 overall pick (I highly doubt it), yet here you are droning on about the 4th round.
    I think ppl are underestimating his health issues. With a clean bill of health he is a top half of the 1st round at worst.

I would suspect his health drops him to day two.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147

chuck said:

I think ppl are underestimating his health issues. With a clean bill of health he is a top half of the 1st round at worst.

I would suspect his health drops him to day two.
    Not a chance in hell. He could have AIDS and a desperate team picking in the 20s would absolutely take a flier.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,616
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2023

chuck said:

Jesus you're a combative bastard. This isn't life or death here pal. I don't try to make a living queefing stuff like this out.

I think Penix is viewed as fragile and a high injury risk. I don't think he'll even go in the early rounds because of it. I'd love to be wrong.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    NFL GMs are a desperate bunch. The pressure is on from all sides, and they know they can't win anything without a good QB. Every year, we see QBs who shouldn't be drafted early who are. 2024 will be no different. Penix will be taken in round 1.

Cook it.