Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

LA Times columnist Bill Plaschke's criticism of Jen Cohen

Comments

• Options
    PurpleTicklerPurpleTickler Member Posts: 215
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    The P12CG Oregon debacle was wack. Not firing Hopkins was wack. Letting Lake hire John Donovan was probably the worst of all.

But moving on from Lake quickly and hiring DeBoer, plus getting to the B1G are all good things.

Idk… she’s mediocre. Not worth getting fired up about IMO. They’re stuck with Riley and that contract, but getting Grinch out of there is good for USC. I don’t see how she deserves criticism for what’s happening at USC right now.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,372
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

Seattle, besides the UW alums, hates the University of Washington.

Husky fans, who aren't UW alums, hate what Seattle has become

As do many UW alums.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,491
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 9,076
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Bob_C said:
    The poster SpermCenter makes a good point.
    When you've lost SpermCenter...
  • Options
    RTDRTD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 787
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    SpermCenter's probably the guy who fathered 500-plus children by over donating at the bank. Gettin off to watching dog cuddle videos, Netflix and Chill.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,527
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    dannarc said:

SC has two conference losses, if they can beat Oregon they should be in drivers seat for #2 spot and another shot at UW. TSIO as far as playoffs for them but there is still a conference championship and alot of foosball left.

I just don't see USC beating Oregon on the road. The offenses are comparable but USC's D isn't very good and they've lost 3 of their last 4. Junior Seau and Ronnie Lott ain't coming through the door anytime soon.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,998
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    HFNY said:

Sounds like the columnist is trying to distract from his 13-0 preseason prediction.

Jen had little, if anything, to do with USC Football this year. However she has had a lot to do with Mike Hopkins at UW and Jimmy Lake too. I'm not sure anyone saw the Jimmy Lake disaster coming but it was still on her watch. At least she listened to me about hiring DeBoer to correct everything #firstandright

Her biggest mistake with Lake was offering him the job with interviewing anyone including him.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    HFNY said:

dannarc said:

SC has two conference losses, if they can beat Oregon they should be in drivers seat for #2 spot and another shot at UW. TSIO as far as playoffs for them but there is still a conference championship and alot of foosball left.

I just don't see USC beating Oregon on the road. The offenses are comparable but USC's D isn't very good and they've lost 3 of their last 4. Junior Seau and Ronnie Lott ain't coming through the door anytime soon.
    I think that is the larger problem at usc. They are a bunch of frontrunning soft losers. They can literally still win the conference if they win out but it is like they have given up already. They weren't going to the playoff even if they beat uw.

The trooj mindset is soft af

• Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,105
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited November 2023
    One sucka fired, LA Times front page.
  • Options
    RTDRTD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 787
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    dtd said:

One sucka fired, LA Times front page.

But is Jen on freebase?

• Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

FireCohen said:

The P12CG Oregon debacle was wack. Not firing Hopkins was wack. Letting Lake hire John Donovan was probably the worst of all.

But moving on from Lake quickly and hiring DeBoer, plus getting to the B1G are all good things.

Idk… she’s mediocre. Not worth getting fired up about IMO. They’re stuck with Riley and that contract, but getting Grinch out of there is good for USC. I don’t see how she deserves criticism for what’s happening at USC right now.

We got lucky, lake decided to hit a student. That opened the can of worms that got him sacked. She would have kept him
    Caple did a great job of getting the text messages between Cohen and Cauce which prove @FireCohen’s point. Jen flat out told Cauce that she wasn’t gonna fire Lake if he showed remorse (my word).

She was over her head at UW and thought she’d skate by with Riley already in place at USC but now she’s getting into dangerous territory if Riley wants to stay but can’t figure out the defensive side.

All that being said, she sucks so I hope she gets a ton of criticism and grief.
    Is this out there? Link?
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,644
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HFNY said:

dannarc said:

Oregon might win something like 77-49. The best thing to come out of that game for UW will be that Irving and James are going to rack up some mileage on their legs.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,896
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

FireCohen said:

Wish Seattle reporters had fucking standards like the USC reporters.

I wish I could do a whole podcast on how big of cowards they are
    What's stopping you?
  • Options
    coach_pete_JPGcoach_pete_JPG Member Posts: 1,203
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

It occurred to me this morning that while in Seattle, Cohen never faced any direct criticism or challenge from mainstream media. Zero. She only received it from Hardcore Husky.

Now she's catching it from the Los Angeles Times no less

How do you f up your job in the first 30 days Jen?
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,167
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

FireCohen said:

Wish Seattle reporters had fucking standards like the USC reporters.

I wish I could do a whole podcast on how big of cowards they are
    What's stopping you?
    @FireCohen
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Bob_C said:
    I would love to get my French tips done by Caleb. 💅💄🏈
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,527
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    chuck said:

HFNY said:

dannarc said:

Oregon might win something like 77-49. The best thing to come out of that game for UW will be that Irving and James are going to rack up some mileage on their legs.
    The only chance USC has (besides Lanning screwing things up and some lucky bounces) is doing whatever they can to stop the run. It seemed like their secondary is pretty talented but had communication issues so if they can shore that up with a change in coaching, they might rise to the occasion.

I don't know if that means running a true 3-3-5 or even a 3-4 at times but their light front is a disaster.