Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Hall of Fame Coach Larry Brown Set to Join Washington Husky Basketball

Comments

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,494
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    This is going to be the weirdest fucking season, which I guess is better than the last 5 seasons.
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Is it too early to start the death pool on which game he makes it past?
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,859
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Is it too early to start the death pool on which game he makes it past?

Larry Brown or Hopkins?

• Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,572
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    A guy I know says Larry Brown is at UW per Hopkins request to teach man to man defense. My @Sources tell me in the post season interview with Cohen , that she told Hop that the zone as a base defense was over. Adapt or leave. He then called Brown to teach him/his assistants/the team man to man principles. Too bad she didn’t say anything about the offense. That’s been worse under Hopkins than the defense. Browns not helping that side of the ball at all. Still DOOMED!!!
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,983
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

A guy I know says Larry Brown is at UW per Hopkins request to teach man to man defense. My @Sources tell me in the post season interview with Cohen , that she told Hop that the zone as a base defense was over. Adapt or leave. He then called Brown to teach him/his assistants/the team man to man principles. Too bad she didn’t say anything about the offense. That’s been worse under Hopkins than the defense. Browns not helping that side of the ball at all. Still DOOMED!!!

Imagine coaching d1 basketball and making 7 figures being told by an AD with no basketball acumen you need to learn to coach man to man defense.

What a time to be a husky fan?!?!!?! Woof!!!!!1!1
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I don't follow the hoops team anymore because why the fuck would I, but I'm just now learning that Larry fucking Brown is on staff at the ripe age of 83. And our head coach has publicly admitted to hiring him so that he can "teach" him a fundamental defensive technique? What a circus this program is.
  • Options
    TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,574
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited November 2023
    Yes and as i recall, when he was hired the buzz about him was the great defense they played at Syracuse.. if he didn't learn anything from Boeheim, Brown can't help him.

Hop was rumored to be an offensive guru as well, Hopkins returned to Syracuse in 1995 and was primarily involved with recruiting and the development of guards and was credited with being a good recruiter.. this obviously has not aged well, although the previous AD certainly could not be blamed for waiting endlessly to forever to see how this would play out.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,572
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Yes and as i recall, when he was hired the buzz about him was the great defense they played at Syracuse.. if he didn't learn anything from Boeheim, Brown can't help him.

Hop was rumored to be an offensive guru as well, Hopkins returned to Syracuse in 1995 and was primarily involved with recruiting and the development of guards and was credited with being a good recruiter.. this obviously has not aged well, although the previous AD certainly could not be blamed for waiting endlessly to forever to see how this would play out.

No one can sit in a zone defense all the time and be successful in modern basketball. The cult of Steph Curry has ended that day and age. Syracuse under Beohiem has been borderline awful for the last five or six years. Jen may as well have hired a dinosaur just as the sport was in a sea change to positionless basketball. When everyone can shoot you really shouldn’t dare them to.