Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,236
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,167
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

The thing that’s missing in Derek’s article is talking about why Penix has been a model of maturity in terms of emotional regulation vs. Williams.

We all have talked about how USC has become Charmin soft. I think a lot that is due to the sense of entitlement and their players having faced little adversity.

Williams and Penix are both transfers. But Penix has had to deal with injury, being redshirted, learning a new system with a new coach. Williams however came with Riley from OU and has basically led a charmed career with all sorts of awards and accolades. A UW QB usually understands they will have to fight for everything. A USC QB thinks the regular season is a mere formality before being crowned a winner.

So I’m not surprised Williams got emotional…might’ve been one of the first times in his young life he had to feel disappointment or failure.

He’s going to be a high draft pick to a perennial loser. He better get use to losing.
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 9,318
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    He’s gonna pull an Eli Manning and refuse to play for the Bears. Cook it.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,982
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say that dad isn't in the picture, is divorced and distant, a deadbeat, or a total sissy.
  • Options
    RTDRTD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 791
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    What might have been had SC had a below-average D. Love that the Dawgs crushed his season and dreams.
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited November 2023

Per my google sheets, literally 90% of this board cries when they have an orgasm. Give the guy some slack. If anything he realized the endorsements that come with being a Heisman winner are likely to dry up after the season.

I laffed like an idiot hyena at this. 😅
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Per my google sheets, literally 90% of this board cries when they have an orgasm. Give the guy some slack. If anything he realized the endorsements that come with being a Heisman winner are likely to dry up after the season.

I chortled.
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,185
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

I chortled.
    Man I love a good chortle.

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,637
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    dtd said:

I chortled.
    Man I love a good chortle.

@GrundleStiltzkin also appreciates a good guffaw