Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Can we offer this Ukranian solider a scholarship?

Comments

• Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,957
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,581
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Bob_C said:
    Well this place thought this was going to end in flying nukes...lol

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,435
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Bob_C said:

Coping

We were right you were wrong. No need to make shit up
  • Options
    Founders Club

Bob_C said:

Coping

We were right you were wrong. No need to make shit up
    No one was right here

Hth

And the ultimate truth is Russia was unable to conquer its much smaller neighbor.

Embarassing, quite honestly.

The fact that Ukraine actually regained hundreds of KMs and major cities is ridiculous.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Sledog said:
    Yeah, Cheney and friends are manning the artillery and trenches in Ukraine

Putin sounds like Oregon fans
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,837
    edited November 2023

Sledog said:

Have to keep laundering to the D's. That's the only reason we are there.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,527
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Sledog said:

Hamas/Iran same thing.
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,084
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bruh, I think I stated this pretty early. My nephew, in the military, stationed in Poland at one point during this, and completely on the spectrum when it comes to weapons, tanks, artillery, you name it. Early on he was like "Russia basically just threw out their old equipment to start and will roll when they use their modern equipment." Russia truly rolls Ukraine rather easily, one might say even 34-17 without foreign aide. This would have been Oregon vs. Portland State, but in this case Portland State (Ukraine) had the refs (NATO) and NCAA (USA) on their side so the score looks closer.

You have a lot of issues in that part of the world where ethnic Russians, for multiple reasons, have not fully embraced the country they were left in. Maldova being the next best example after the Ukraine. Part of it might be due to the cultures of the countries being too similar to Russia, but surely old and likely very very small ethnic tensions probably are the biggest factors.
  • Options
    BlueduckBlueduck Member Posts: 1,094
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited November 2023
    https://x.com/SprinterX99880/status/1721894074154955150?s=20

Mr Zelensky,

Were gonna need you to fill out this application with your financial ,work, credit history. Including current address total debt and income for the last 3 years
    Please include 3 references not related to you and your moms maiden name.....

And well get back to you in 30-90 days 👍
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,435
    Swaye's Wigwam
    https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/ukraine-election-volodymyr-zelenskyy/2023/11/07/id/1141258/

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy said Monday he does not believe it is the right time for elections as debate intensifies on holding a vote in 2024 while the country fights against Russia's invasion.

All elections including the presidential vote set to take place next spring are technically canceled under martial law that has been in effect since the conflict began last year.

"We must decide that now is the time of defense, the time of battle, on which the fate of the state and people depends," Zelenskyy said in his daily address.

He said it was a time for the country to be united, not divided, adding: "I believe that now is not the (right) time for elections."

The frontline between the warring sides has remained mostly static for almost a year despite a much-touted Ukrainian counter-offensive, with Russian forces entrenched in southern and eastern Ukraine.

Officials from the United States and Europe – Kyiv's key allies – are reported to have suggested holding negotiations to end the grinding 20-month-old

Defend democracy
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,259
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Bruh, I think I stated this pretty early. My nephew, in the military, stationed in Poland at one point during this, and completely on the spectrum when it comes to weapons, tanks, artillery, you name it. Early on he was like "Russia basically just threw out their old equipment to start and will roll when they use their modern equipment." Russia truly rolls Ukraine rather easily, one might say even 34-17 without foreign aide. This would have been Oregon vs. Portland State, but in this case Portland State (Ukraine) had the refs (NATO) and NCAA (USA) on their side so the score looks closer.

You have a lot of issues in that part of the world where ethnic Russians, for multiple reasons, have not fully embraced the country they were left in. Maldova being the next best example after the Ukraine. Part of it might be due to the cultures of the countries being too similar to Russia, but surely old and likely very very small ethnic tensions probably are the biggest factors.

They lost their black sea fleet and lots of other irreplaceable strategic assets. This talking point is at least a year out of date.
  • Options
    Founders Club

They lost their black sea fleet and lots of other irreplaceable strategic assets. This talking point is at least a year out of date.
    At least you are honest that it was all about killing Russians instead of pretending it was about protecting Ukrainians and saving democracy.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Bob_C said:

At least you are honest that it was all about killing Russians instead of pretending it was about protecting Ukrainians and saving democracy.
    Why not both?

Russia tried and failed at their main objective.

Sucks to suck
  • Options
    Founders Club

Bob_C said:

Why not both?

Sucks to suck
    Are you on board for another $60b?
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,873
    Bob_C said:

Bob_C said:

Why not both?

Sucks to suck
    Are you on board for another $60b$54b?
    Always net out the Big Guy's cut.