Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Billy's BUZZED thoughts

Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,542 Founders Club
We are 8-0. I think we were also 8-0 in 1992, but I digress

We have a great q.b. and the best four deep wide receivers in the cuntry. Beyond that, the OL is average. Johnson is okay. I like Grubb, but he should run more. It's not a god damn video game.

The defense is average, has tackling issues, and when faced with playoff competition, will probably get torched or outschemed.

DeBoer is a good coach. He's offensive minded, sure, but he has two losses.

3-1 down the stretch probably puts us in a position to make the playoff.

I'd like nothing more than to beat down UGAY in the playoff. In honor of Pumpy...almost as good as NC...FUCK THE SECA

Comments

• dtddtd Member Posts: 4,509 Standard Supporter
    dannarc said:

The last two gaymes have puckered our entire fan base. I dont know if I want to poast here anymore

Buy low, sell high. UW is going to uncle fuck USC.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,418 Swaye's Wigwam
    dtd said:

dannarc said:

The last two gaymes have puckered our entire fan base. I dont know if I want to poast here anymore

How many turnovers is the offense going to cough up?

USC is probably going to score 40+ on the defense. Convert a few turnovers and it's 50+.

If USC plays this like a game of blitz the Trooj could win.
  • LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,785
    A few weeks ago we? were all confident in winning a shootout. Now, not so much. Thanks AZ, ASU, and Stanford!
  • gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,727 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2023

dtd said:

dannarc said:

USC is probably going to score 40+ on the defense. Convert a few turnovers and it's 50+.

if SC coaching has any brains at all (debatable) they will blitz nearly every play. UW doesn't seem to be able to or want to adjust to that... despite having at least one RB with next level hands.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,344 Swaye's Wigwam
    I hate Broken Rib Penix
  • LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,785
    HuskyJW said:

I hate Broken Rib Penix

Could be a spleen.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,418 Swaye's Wigwam
    gmo said:

dtd said:

dannarc said:

if SC coaching has any brains at all (debatable) they will blitz nearly every play. UW doesn't seem to be able to or want to adjust to that... despite having at least one RB with next level hands.
    I'm sure Deboner has just been saving the cards for USC. They'll come out blitzing and all of a sudden we will know how to throw a screen or check down to the rb/te's.

4d month long chess setup for USC.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,366 Swaye's Wigwam
    LawDawg1 said:

HuskyJW said:

I hate Broken Rib Penix

Could be a spleen.
    What's the recovery on a spleen contusion @bisonduck ??
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,822 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2023
    I'll start worrying when there are reports Penix is scheduled to get a second opinion in Eugene.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,940 Swaye's Wigwam
    Stanford was the first game my GF has sat and watched with me. It only took her a few minutes to conclude that it's all about protecting Penix. Those delayed drag routes, she rightfully concluded, are the offenses best weapon against the coverages teams are using now. Those take time to develop.

And that's the problem. Pressuring the QB and disrupting plays in the backfield are the only things that SC's defense is good at. They're better at it than Furd and probably ASU too.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,711 Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

Stanford was the first game my GF has sat and watched with me. It only took her a few minutes to conclude that it's all about protecting Penix. Those delayed drag routes, she rightfully concluded, are the offenses best weapon against the coverages teams are using now. Those take time to develop.

And that's the problem. Pressuring the QB and disrupting plays in the backfield are the only things that SC's defense is good at. They're better at it than Furd and probably ASU too.

Hopefully Grubb realizes this and installs more WR and TE screens into this week's gameplan.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,940 Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Hopefully Grubb realizes this and installs more WR and TE screens into this week's gameplan.
    My doog hope is that he's been keeping most of the pressure beater plays in the can. The TE leaking out from the H back position has been one of the best things in UW's offense with Grubb and he's been using it sparingly. That TD play to Culp, I'd guess, was not something he would've shown against Furd if he had a choice.
  • bisonduckbisonduck Member Posts: 714
    Canadawg said:

LawDawg1 said:

HuskyJW said:

I hate Broken Rib Penix

Could be a spleen.
    What's the recovery on a spleen contusion @bisonduck ??
    Never
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,822 Swaye's Wigwam
    If UW doesn't have the ability to beat blitzes in its arsenal, DeBoer isn't the coach we thought he was.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,773 Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

She sounds impressive. Is she single?