Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

1984 - Doug Flutie's Miracle pass

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,006
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
I was 13 years old sitting with my dad and grandpa Johnson in the living room of my grandparents' house in Longview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-_uYyVlxrk

Comments

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,867
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,341
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Doug would kill in today’s NFL
  • Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,250
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I was in college, watching with my dad, nursing a hangover so bad it makes me shake and about to vomit till this day…
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,992
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    It is never, ever a bad thing to see the Canes lose in this manner. Never.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited October 2023
    I recall it was a cold motherfucking ass day down on Harb watching the game on a shitty TV. One thing I remember about that game was the camera crew mistakenly capturing audio of Kosar talking to Johnson on the sideline and saying, "let's run it down their fucking throats!" People forget that back then, capturing a stray F bomb on network was a big deal.

I also distinctly remember thinking to myself, "what the fuck am I doing here?" while seeing people in South Florida wearing shorts and tank tops while I was attempting to stay warm with a wood stove on full tilt boogie. You don't find a lot of wood stoves in Miami as it turns out.

Little did I know then that one day my life's travels would lead me to spend a lot of time in Boston and attend more than a few Boston College games. They're never going to really matter and will always just be the proverbial "tough out", but it is a very fine gameday atmosphere as far as those go. I was going to the BC / Miami game in November until I decided I needed to go to the Apple Cup and wipe away Cuog tears one last time. I may wear a Creepycoug shirt. Still chewing on that one.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,341
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I was watching in our Seattle apartment with my new family. I was rooting for the Canes. My new son was rooting for BC. I was like let's go time to head to grandma's house.

No let's see what happens

Was not pleased but a classic Musburger call

Gerald Phelan is on the bottom of that pile!

I got my revenge betting him on the final four. I took Villanova

He was also strutting around the house in 86 game 6. because he took the Red Sox and mom and I were on the Mets. Oops

Csb
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,006
    Founders Club

I was watching in our Seattle apartment with my new family. I was rooting for the Canes. My new son was rooting for BC. I was like let's go time to head to grandma's house.

No let's see what happens

Was not pleased but a classic Musburger call

Gerald Phelan is on the bottom of that pile!

I got my revenge betting him on the final four. I took Villanova

He was also strutting around the house in 86 game 6. because he took the Red Sox and mom and I were on the Mets. Oops

Csb

This was before you taught your son to simply root for the winner to always be happy, circa 2010
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I had just got back to my Buddys house on Nora after playing 4 on 4 at Our Lady of Fatima’s parking lot. Of course we got super high on the way home. It was even more intense and unbelievable.