Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

UWs Red Zone Offense

2»

Comments

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,697
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Fuck off as always grundle

Congrats, UW ran a RB dive against Cal in 2010 to finish 6-6

Against good teams UW has never ran well between the tackles.

Maybe 2017 with Gaskin. He popped off against Penn State

When Gaskin needed a yard, he generally got the yard. And so did Browning, and Eason for that matter.
    Goal line against Auburn haunts me

Fire Huff
    Yup.

Ive been watching the doogs for 25 years and the only team I vaguely remember having consistent success in short yardage running is 2000 with Tui
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,680
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TheHB said:

Time to shelf the wildcat -- unless you bring in Newton from his soup kitchen duties (or whatever punishment he's been serving). The defense knows what's coming and no one, other than Newton, has ever shown an ability to get into the end zone consistently. (And that was like a decade ago.)

And going into the shotgun with a crowded formation on the 1 just seems crazy -- unless you intend to pass or bring a WR on a fly sweep. It just slows everything down, and UW's line doesn't seem to be strong enough to get any push whatsoever.

This is where I'm at too. The fly sweep as window dressing can open up the inside run especially if it has worked once or twice. Otherwise I'd rather see Penix under center and a couple of quick dive plays. I don't think the OL has really been given a chance to just power one in.
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 9,212
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Fuck off as always grundle

Congrats, UW ran a RB dive against Cal in 2010 to finish 6-6

Against good teams UW has never ran well between the tackles.

Maybe 2017 with Gaskin. He popped off against Penn State

When Gaskin needed a yard, he generally got the yard. And so did Browning, and Eason for that matter.
    Goal line against Auburn haunts me

Fire Huff
    Yup.

Ive been watching the doogs for 25 years and the only team I vaguely remember having consistent success in short yardage running is 2000 with Tui
    Chris Polk minus the Notre Dame game was pretty solid if I remember.
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    We seem to not have a jumbo package. Westover, Cervesa, Culp, or Moore (where the fuck did he go?) playaction a big TE should be open all day long
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,697
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

We seem to not have a jumbo package. Westover, Cervesa, Culp, or Moore (where the fuck did he go?) playaction a big TE should be open all day long

We had 3 TE sets under Peterhips that couldnt gain a yard if their life depended on it (Auburn game)

Would love to see Grubb do this