Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Who Do We Want to Win - USC or Utah?

WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,638
First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
Swaye's Wigwam
BIG game in LA, but who do us DWAG FANS want to win?

Pluses of USC winning:

-Get them as highly ranked as possible when Dawgs come to town
-Keeps their record better as I'd rather see them in the P12CG than Oregon if nothing else than they're soft
-Losses racking up for Utah could mean they roll into Husky Stadium less motivated in November in a week where UW could use less of a challenge

Pluses of Utah winning:

-Could easily see USC and Williams mail it in the rest of the way if they lose this game and/or be beat to shit which eases up that tough stretch
-Means Utah has a good chance of beating Oregon in SLC the week after
-Utah could be highly rated going into Husky Stadium in November and set up a big win
-Utah could be a nice opponent in the P12CG - UW just has to find a way to get a few TDs and it's over. Their DBs aren't as good as they have been in the past

My gut says we want USC to win and building up OUR game in November. Win that game. Have USC win every other game and then be highly ranked and beatable in the P12CG

Comments

• Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,638
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Utah

Now the USC got boat raced by Notre Dame, our resume looks the best if Utah and Oregon State win out except for losing to us

My ideal was USC winning every game except for UW then UW winning a rematch in the P12CG. So wasn't stoked on the Notre Dame punishing. Pure matchup wise I think they're a wash to me just would prefer to not play Oregon. There will be so much extra emotion in that game and they'll be a notch higher in motivation than I think USC/Utah to win that game. It will be another bloodbath.
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Utah. USC will just give up on the season and Caleb will shut it down
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,644
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I wonder how many losses are necessary for Caleb to just shut it down and start prepping for the draft. Maybe just one more?

I'm for Utah. I have a feeling SC and their celebrity QB are going to dice up the yutes this time around though.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Which team would you rather play in the CCG? I'd rather play Ute I think so that's who I want this weekend
  • Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,281
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I thought it was US vs US!,1!!
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Its obvious that we are going to play Oregon for the title [seem obvious to me but i live on an island], Oregon is going to beat Utah so the rest really doesn't matter... I personally hope Utah wins against the Trojans because I like their program, they have played well without their QB which is amazing, and I want to see them go out this year with their heads high. And my guess is that Caleb is going to keep playing with everything he's got because I'm under the impression that at this point his high draft choice possibilities absolutely depend on it.

Huh?
  • Options
    TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,598
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Metaphorical expression CDawg…
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,727
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

The only hypothetical I’m dealing with here is UW running the table.

Not scared to play Oregon again.

• Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited October 2023
    Utah, fuck USC. For anyone afraid of Oregon watch the first quarter again. Had it not been for a corner opposite of Muhammad, horrible coverage after a string hit by Mishal, then a 15 yard penalty instead of just walking the fuck away… Oregon scores 8 points. Washington could have punched Oregon in the mouth. Washington was more physical in that game