Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,491 Standard Supporter
    ntxduck said:

All well and good, but where's the Oregon call?

If you’re looking for schadenfreude you probably won’t get it because I’d guess Jerry called the kick good before correcting himself
    I did see a couple twats last night saying it was tim for Allen to hang it up.
  • PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,422 Swaye's Wigwam

No vid, but there’s this:

Standing on the Ducks sideline after Washington took the lead late in the fourth quarter on Saturday, after Lanning’s call to go for it on fourth and 3 at midfield, Knight tugged his cap lower and plunged his hands deep into the pockets of his black coat as rain started to fall.

He turned his body to the scoreboard, inhaled deeply, and let out a sharp expletive, presumably in unison with Ducks fans everywhere.

I read that as “Plunged his hands deep into the pockets of the his black coat where this all started.”

I was like, damn good prose. I guess I’ll give myself credit.
  • AOGAOG Member Posts: 1,730
    edited October 2023
    All right, here we go with the kickoff. Harmon will probably try to squib it and he does. Ball comes loose and the Bears have to get out of bounds. Rodgers, along the sideline, another one... they're still in deep trouble at midfield, they tried to do a couple of – the ball is still loose, as they get it to Rodgers! They get it back now to the 30, they're down to the 20... Oh, the band is out on the field! He's gonna go into the end zone! He got into the end zone!

We've heard no decision yet. Everybody is milling around on the (conferencing officials now finally signal a touchdown) field! And the Bears! The Bears have won! The Bears have won! Oh, my God! The most amazing, sensational, dramatic, heart-rending... exciting, thrilling finish in the history of college football! California has won the Big Game over Stanford! Oh, excuse me for my voice, but I have never, never seen anything like it in the history of I have ever seen any game in my life! The Bears have won it! There will be no extra point!
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,594 Founders Club
    HuskyJW said:

All well and good, but where's the Oregon call?

ya know I think it would be nice to get a thank you. You get more bees with sugar than you do vinegar

I actually just thought of that when it was posted. I’ll see if I can figure out how to find Jerry Allen’s call.
    Gratitude flows freely like springwater in the Wam