Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Elijah Jackson

He was rough out there again man.

Not that Franklin wasn't going to get his, but putting this kid in 1-on-1's is a liability.

That unsportsmanlike call handed Oregon a TD when they would have been facing a 3rd and 10.

He missed a couple big tackles in the flat.

Powell and Muhammad are fine, if not decent. And God does it suck that Banks went down.

I wonder if the coaching staff gives looks to others the next 2 weeks. I heard Presley suited up today. Don't have much faith in Green or Dixon either.

Comments

• TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,713 Founders Club
    I was thinking that too, hell, we all were ~ so who do we have to put out there?
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,916 Swaye's Wigwam
    I’ve been calling Powell shit for awhile. He played a great game and I’m thinking its because he got the purple reign prince cover.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,725 Swaye's Wigwam

I’ve been calling Powell shit for awhile. He played a great game and I’m thinking its because he got the purple reign prince cover.

Powell played out of position last year. He's done well this year, like jumping the route for the INT at MSU and covering the WR on Oregon's 4th down failure
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,971 Swaye's Wigwam
    biak1 said:

In all fairness the personal foul call should’ve been offsetting at worst.

Yeah there should've already been a flag on the ground before Jackson did anything, but you can't get away with taking a guy's helmet off
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,916 Swaye's Wigwam

Powell played out of position last year. He's done well this year, like jumping the route for the INT at MSU and covering the WR on Oregon's 4th down failure
    I forget which game(s) but bad angles, missed tackles, poor pass defense have shown up on his tape this yr as well. This felt like his most complete game where not once did I audible say “fucking Powell.”
  • DoogerMcFarlandDoogerMcFarland Member Posts: 743
    Jackson looks out of his element. Muhammad is GOOD.

Fortunately we recruited DBs well this past offseason so the future should be brighter.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,585 Swaye's Wigwam
    The funny thing is that if you were to only watch the game's extended highlights, Jackson actually made a lot of plays. Did he get beat a couple of times, miss (IIRC) two tackles, and get a dumb penalty? Sure. But Muhammad gave up a couple of big catches, too. Washington was leaving those DBs with a lot of responsibility to protect against the run. I thought they did will all things considered. Perfect? No--especially in the tackling department as the game went on. But every single one of those guys made at least one difference-making play in the game. The problem at this point is just consistency.