Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Grubb

haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,514
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
Swaye's Wigwam
Doesn't give a single corn of a shit about throwing drives away.

Up 11 with 3 minutes to go and your running back has 100 yards. Fuck Oregon's defense. Unacceptable.

This guy needs to get told to burn some fucking clock for once.

Comments

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,582
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Yup. Unacceptable play calling

Grubb needs some perspective
  • Options
    PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member Posts: 4,012
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Yup. Unacceptable play calling

Grubb needs some perspective

Well…. Tell him to take a walk. Otherwise next week we could be in trouble.
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,960
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    The 3rd quarter into the 4th two straight drives didn’t hand it off. 11 point lead evaporated. The third drive he finally did and DJ got smashed. It’s idiotic. DJ was the prize horse - ride that motherfucker
  • Options
    BlayenBlayen Member Posts: 102
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    He isn't perfect, but he is better than most of the rest. I vote to keep him.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    We haven’t scored less than 31 this season. The end of the 3rd quarter was cringe…. But if Penix connects on one of those deep balls to Odunze who had a step we wouldn’t be saying shit.
  • Options
    BlayenBlayen Member Posts: 102
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited October 2023

We haven’t scored less than 31 this season. The end of the 3rd quarter was cringe…. But if Penix connects on one of those deep balls to Odunze who had a step we wouldn’t be saying shit.

It is one of the things that I love about Grubb. He seems to not be hesitant to play the percentages and matchups that he think will work at any point in the game. There may be a few series where it doesn't work for whatever reason, either because of defensive adjustments or poor execution, but I think overall he does an excellent job.

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,582
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Overall he is great. Just needs to clean a few things up
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,979
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

After rewatching the game, Giles Jackson got a lot of shit for being healthy. I’m not sure we win without him. Fuck the haters.

Literally all of our timeouts were used because Giles didn't know what he was doing on the play. He may have played fine but he clearly wasn't mentally ready for that many snaps.
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,608
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Also the goal line shotgun was cringe
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,451
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Bread said:

After rewatching the game, Giles Jackson got a lot of shit for being healthy. I’m not sure we win without him. Fuck the haters.

Literally all of our timeouts were used because Giles didn't know what he was doing on the play. He may have played fine but he clearly wasn't mentally ready for that many snaps.
    Coming back from injury, he probably didn't get a lot of snaps this week in practice installing the game plan. It was likely all McMillan, and they forced him into the game given that it was close and that McMillan was out
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

I got a surprising amount of pushback for questioning some play calling decisions a few weeks ago.

UW can run the ball. They need to learn into it a bit more.

They can run it outside the tackles. Between is a different story and has been since last year home vs. Sparty.

We know Oregon can at least vs. u