Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Oregon vs Washington - Who's Got the Better Coast?

13»

Comments

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,522
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Oregon
    I've played Bandon. I would not say it's very playable for high handicaps as far as scoring goes. Maybe not losing a ton of balls. Do not play Old MacDonald in the afternoon when the winds are up. I was crushing 120 yard drives that afternoon. Miserable experience.
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,081
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Oregon

Too many @Swaye on Washington coast, keeping the WA coast down. The fact the WA coast is mere miles from the wettest spot in the contiguous 48 plays a big part. Also that half of it is National Park or very restricted by blond haired, blue eyed, swede infested (those loggers had to unload in someone) native populations means most of WA coast is inaccessible, or just less so. That said 2nd Beach at La Push is beautiful.

Coast: Oregon
    Inland Water ways: WA
    Mountains: WA
    Lakes: WA
    Desert: WA
    Grumpy Desert People: WA
    White Wakanda: OR
    Proximity to Oppressive Taxes: OR
    Gas Stations: WA
    Overpriced Clothing: WA (Filson > Pendleton)
    Antifa: OR
    Overdoses: Push
    Glory Holes: WA

Quite honestly, #myvandals win a bunch of those categories.

Coast: WA
    Lakes: Push - though leaning towards WA CDA and PDA are spectacular but WA for abundance. I mean even the WA desert has solid lakes.
    Grumpy Desert People: WA (ID desert people are Mormon, and they aint grumpy)
    White Wakanda: ID
    Proximity to Oppressive Taxes: WA
    Gas Stations: ID
    Overpriced Clothing: WA (Filson) Does ID have an overpriced clothing?
    Antifa: WA
    Overdoses: WA
    Glory Holes: ID - Larry Craig Glory Holes >>> All others
    Patriots: ID
    Patriots at Glory Holes: ID
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,863
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited October 2023

Too many @Swaye on Washington coast, keeping the WA coast down. The fact the WA coast is mere miles from the wettest spot in the contiguous 48 plays a big part. Also that half of it is National Park or very restricted by blond haired, blue eyed, swede infested (those loggers had to unload in someone) native populations means most of WA coast is inaccessible, or just less so. That said 2nd Beach at La Push is beautiful.

Lakes: Push - though leaning towards WA CDA and PDA are spectacular but WA for abundance. I mean even the WA desert has solid lakes.
    Priest is the most bodacious of all the N. Idaho lakes in terms of beauty. Hayden and Payette Lake are stunners from a wealth standpoint.

The Salmon, Payette, and Lochsa are as legit for inland waterways as it gets - Class 4 action. The Snake/River of No Return Canyon is the Mack Daddy.

We agree on the glory holes - the Huetter rest stop between Post Falls and CDA is notorious. Wallace, ID (War Big Burn) stands in a class by itself as a functioning set of brothels well into the late 80's.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,952
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Oregon

Priest is the most bodacious of all the N. Idaho lakes in terms of beauty. Hayden and Payette Lake are stunners from a wealth standpoint.

The Salmon, Payette, Kooskia and Clearwater are as legit for inland waterways as it gets - Class 4 action. The Snake/River of No Return Canyon is the Mack Daddy.

We agree on the glory holes - the Huetter rest stop between Post Falls and CDA is notorious. Wallace, ID (War Big Burn) stands in a class by itself as a functioning set of brothels well into the late 80's.
    I think ID wins the lake competition rather easily. So many of them.

I get the Chelan appeal and Lake WA is unique for an urban lake, but beyond those 2, it's Idaho.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Oregon

The Salmon, Payette, Kooskia and Clearwater are as legit for inland waterways as it gets - Class 4 action. The Snake/River of No Return Canyon is the Mack Daddy.

I get the Chelan appeal and Lake WA is unique for an urban lake, but beyond those 2, it's Idaho.
    Crescent Lake erasure.
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,081
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Oregon

@dnc Crescent, Ozette, @Swaye Quinalt, Cushman, Whatcom, Cavanaugh, Wenatchee, Ross, Diablo, Baker, Banks, American, Sammamish, Tapps, Sun, Osoyoos, literally half the Columbia is lake.

I'll give ID natural lakes though.
  • Options
    Purple_PillsPurple_Pills Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,818
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Gulf Coast

Unless in Florida, no.

I have been to every county along the coast of the contiguous 48 states, except three, including the entire Gulf Coast, so I am an amateur expert on this topic.

Gulf Shores works. Forgotten Coast, FL, is shit.

I’ve lived in in Foley, Pensacola, Tallahassee, and spent time all along the way.

I challenge thy to a dual as gulf coast superiority guy.
    Gulf Shores/Orange Beach is a nice area. It's very hard to beat the Florida panhandle/East Alabama white sand beaches in the contiguous 48. The Clearwater area is really pretty too.
    Other than the murder Ryan Mallett rare freak waves/undertows, it’s an amazing area, hence all of those 30A elliptical stickers pasted over numerous vehicles.
  • Options
    houseofpain247houseofpain247 Member Posts: 151
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Standard Supporter
    Oregon

The Salmon, Payette, and Lochsa are as legit for inland waterways as it gets - Class 4 action. The Snake/River of No Return Canyon is the Mack Daddy.

Idaho's Crown Jewel. Priest Lake is incredible.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,860
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Oregon
    chuck said:

Beaches are stupid unless you're either digging clams or chasing bearded clams.

Southern Oregon has the best weather on the west coast. Too fucking hot in socal, too cold and wet in Wa.

no way, I'd take coastal SoCal weather over that. Less rain, 65-85 98% of the year
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,623
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Oregon

chuck said:

Beaches are stupid unless you're either digging clams or chasing bearded clams.

Southern Oregon has the best weather on the west coast. Too fucking hot in socal, too cold and wet in Wa.

no way, I'd take coastal SoCal weather over that. Less rain, 65-85 98% of the year
    I'm good with 55-75. I don't like heat that much anymore. We used to do a lot of camping between Reedsport and Coos Bay during the winter. The weather almost never let us down.