Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

ESPN just said

2»

Comments

• thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 6,007
    lol best secondary he’s seen in 19 years of coaching.

Come on buddy
  • 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    dnc said:

46XiJCAB said:

I laffed. No one believes that, including Duck fan.
    May I introduce you to Oregon Twitter?
    If we’re sourcing X I’m out.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    This is the best coach speak I’ve ever seen. If it isn’t coach speak, then he must be great with wrs but knows jack shit about secondaries
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    edited October 2023
    Jackson is really good, I will say that. Outside of him, the secondary is the defenses weakness this year. Our D line is above average which is miles ahead of the dreck we’ve had the last 3-4 seasons. Our linebackers might not be as highly rated as the previous group, but at least they know what the hell they are doing. I still have PTSD from Flowe running around like a chicken with its head cutoff, and his lack of discipline. Arizona/USC game was a perfect example. Let’s not forget about Noah Sewell. He was good but not 5 star caliber and he got hurt it seemed like every other play.
  • bisonduckbisonduck Member Posts: 714
    edited October 2023

Jackson is really good, I will say that. Outside of him, the secondary is the defenses weakness this year. Our D line is above average which is miles ahead of the dreck we’ve had the last 3-4 seasons. Our linebackers might not be as highly rated as the previous group, but at least they know what the hell they are doing. I still have PTSD from Flowe running around like a chicken with its head cutoff, and his lack of discipline. Arizona/USC game was a perfect example. Let’s not forget about Noah Sewell. He was good but not 5 star caliber and he got hurt it seemed like every other play.

Jackson, Florence and Williams are all a + at their spots. Tysheem is good in the box but has been a mixed bag in coverage. Bryan Addison is serviceable. Stephens has played way above expectations and I am waiting for him to get cooked but he hasn't. The secondary is outplaying the inside linebackers but the latter were so bad last year it seems like a huge step forward.

edited October 2023

Oregon has horrible DBs.

There is zero chance that Penix throws for less than 450 yards and 3 TDs against them this Saturday.

Their defense sucks (against bad teams) and our offense is elite.

This is a lopsided matchup. UW wins 51-22

— Brandon C (@UWFBopinions) October 12, 2023

Is this dude on here?
  • thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 6,007

DL is the strength
    Then secondary

LBers lag. Hopefully Jacobs lifts that group but that group is at least a step behind the DL and secondary
    edited October 2023

😭

pic.twitter.com/AI5JfKTawM— 𝘭𝘢𝘳𝘳𝘺𝘧𝘪𝘴𝘩 (@bellottiburner) October 12, 2023 ">

😭 pic.twitter.com/AI5JfKTawM

— 𝘭𝘢𝘳𝘳𝘺𝘧𝘪𝘴𝘩 (@bellottiburner) October 12, 2023

The secondary for both teams should be motivated.
  • MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,602
    edited October 2023
    bisonduck said:

Oregon has horrible DBs.

There is zero chance that Penix throws for less than 450 yards and 3 TDs against them this Saturday.

Their defense sucks (against bad teams) and our offense is elite.

This is a lopsided matchup. UW wins 51-22

— Brandon C (@UWFBopinions) October 12, 2023

Is this dude on here?

If anything the narrative is that our “elite” defense is such because we’ve feasted on shit.

I mean, we’re not 85 Bears/23 Wildcats good… but LIPO.
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,600
    No, don't think he poasts here. That is a very doogish take.

The key to the game is UW's DL. If the pass rush isn't there, it will be hard for the D to get off the field. I think the OL will hold up pretty well though I am a little concerned about the interior OL.

With that said, the bye week came at an ideal time for UW. UW has been missing multiple starters are each side of the ball...while that improved depth experience, it would be very helpful to have the starters back.
    HFNY said:

No, don't think he poasts here. That is a very doogish take.

The key to the game is UW's DL. If the pass rush isn't there, it will be hard for the D to get off the field. I think the OL will hold up pretty well though I am a little concerned about the interior OL.

With that said, the bye week came at an ideal time for UW. UW has been missing multiple starters are each side of the ball...while that improved depth experience, it would be very helpful to have the starters back.

You're talking injuries, huh?
    Yep, especially since both starting DTs exited with injuries against Arizona. I hope they are now tan, rested, and ready now.

And neither Trice nor ZTF are on pace for many sacks so they need to step it up too.

I am thankful it is at Husky Stadium because on a neutral field, I suspect Oregon would be favored by 3.
    edited October 2023
    HFNY said:

Yep, especially since both starting DTs exited with injuries against Arizona. I hope they are now tan, rested, and ready now.

And neither Trice nor ZTF are on pace for many sacks so they need to step it up too.

I am thankful it is at Husky Stadium because on a neutral field, I suspect Oregon would be favored by 3.

So, what do you think the odds are on Tuli being healthy?

I don't know, someone said or some podcast said he is doubtful while it looked like to me that he would be out a week or two. Maybe a coin flip if Dr. Feelgood juices him up?
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,584
    bisonduck said:

Here it is again without the retarded formatting.
    Crepea so desperate to be the one to ask a question that gets a dumb response so he can get tons of views. Fuckin dork