Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Hardcore Husky Podcast: This Saturday's Sizzling Point-a-Minute Showdown: UW vs. Oregon!

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,620 Founders Club
The boys start with "Cool Story Bro Story Hour" before launching into excitable talk about the upcoming battle of the unbeatens... The Washington Huskies and Michael Penix vs the Oregon Ducks and Bo Nix. Husky Stadium will be rockin' like it did for the 2000 Miami Hurricanes game.

https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/hardcorehusky/episodes/This-Saturdays-Sizzling-Point-a-Minute-Showdown-UW-vs-Oregon-e2acj6c

Comments

• PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,776 Founders Club
    Great choice with the pup rant.
  • bisonduckbisonduck Member Posts: 714
    edited October 2023
    I took no issue until someone said Oregon brings back the same team. Oregon has better playmakers at WR and the defense is overhauled. The inside linebackers are much better equipped to handle coverage responsibilities. The defensive line and pressure rate is worlds better and tackling is much improved - Oregon got the 2nd year bump (much like Oklahoma) from a defensive-minded coach. The comment shows a lack of research for sure.

Comparing the schedules to date is like measuring the tallest midget. Tech is ranked higher than Arizona on FEI, SP+, FPI, etc. and they're not really close (30ish spots). The spread between Tech and Zona would be 7 points based on advanced metrics. The Arizona/USC game is more of an indication of USC than Arizona. The reality is either team should be 5-0 to date.

Lastly, I think the difference in pressure rate by Oregon and the disparity of pressure Oregon can cause vs the schedule UW has faced is a major talking point. I think Oregon can and, probably will, pressure at much better rate than last year.

• CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,421 Swaye's Wigwam
    Listen at work tomorrow like usual but thanks for sticking with the pod pods. Consistency is key.

What cartoonish noises did @WoolleyDoog make in the background for this one?
  • bisonduckbisonduck Member Posts: 714

bisonduck said:

I took no issue until someone said Oregon brings back the same team. Oregon has better playmakers at WR and the defense is overhauled. The inside linebackers are much better equipped to handle coverage responsibilities. The defensive line and pressure rate is worlds better and tackling is much improved - Oregon got the 2nd year bump (much like Oklahoma) from a defensive-minded coach. The comment shows a lack of research for sure.

Comparing the schedules to date is like measuring the tallest midget. Tech is ranked higher than Arizona on FEI, SP+, FPI, etc. and they're not really close (30ish spots). The spread between Tech and Zona would be 7 points based on advanced metrics. The Arizona/USC game is more of an indication of USC than Arizona. The reality is either team should be 5-0 to date.

Lastly, I think the difference in pressure rate by Oregon and the disparity of pressure Oregon can cause vs the schedule UW has faced is a major talking point. I think Oregon can and, probably will, pressure at much better rate than last year.

Go beat off to a picture of Lanning, faggot. Metrics are for loosers.
    I think a UDUB fan that never watched a game of theirs in their life is better than the metrics.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,612 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2023
    bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

I think a UDUB fan that never watched a game of theirs in their life is better than the metrics.
    The Oregon fanbase is hilarious. No ever goes to Oregon because it's a shitty college but they defend it like they went there.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,856 Swaye's Wigwam
    bisonduck said:

Better playmakers on at WR… you couldn’t even make it two sentences without lying you lying fuck.
    @DerekJohnson what was the bit coin conference about?
    You can't play that game both ways Derek.

Washington could kneel it and be up by 17 with 10 minutes to go..
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,856 Swaye's Wigwam

Arizona game was never in doubt and we act like it was

I feel like it was… shouldershrug.gif
  • JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,589 Founders Club

I feel like it was… shouldershrug.gif

• LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,316
    bisonduck said:

bisonduck said:

Oregon is rooted in substance, didn’t you see the new ad campaign?
    Crispened
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,491 Standard Supporter
    Thanks for the pod, pods
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,620 Founders Club
    haie said:

You can't play that game both ways Derek.

Washington could kneel it and be up by 17 with 10 minutes to go..

If you're referring to my partial defense of Grubb on throwing into the flat to Westover and having it result in 3 incomplete passes in a row and failing to run clock, then you're probably right. It was kind of indefensible to not run 1-2 times in that sequence. Especially since our running game is more effective this year as compared to last year.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,620 Founders Club

It was 95% a sure thing but not 100 IMO
  • JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,589 Founders Club

haie said:

@DerekJohnson what was the bit coin conference about?

I'll probably do a little write-up about it later today
  • SpoonieLuvSpoonieLuv Member Posts: 5,451
    Great sales pitch for the Wam.