Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Meathead costs Miami the game

2»

Comments

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,481
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

@creepycoug wellness check?

Fortunately, I was in the air watching Band of Brothers on my iPad and have only watched the replays. Fuckin' A. What a dumb fuck. Here, despite playing like ass, you literally kneel twice and the game is over - no chance of losing. Zero. It was a somewhat shitty call because the kid's elbow is on the ground, but whatever, you don't create scenario when you don't have to. And frankly if they win, still whatever. GT is not good and you can't handle them at home? That conference has been a curse for them. They've just become a middling ACC program. I candidly don't really GAF about the win/loss here because I would not have liked their chances at Chapel Hill unless they had blown the living fuck out of GT, which obviously didn't happen. 3-0 at halftime? Injuries piling up? Cursed. I'm tired of pressers where he says all the right things and gives the appearance of a super organized guy who has THE blue print.

He's ostensibly good at taking a program in total chaos and bringing in some order, hefting up fucked-up O lines and then recruiting. But that appears to be the ceiling. In another time where beef and running the ball senselessly and all that shit ruled the game, he probably has a better career. But the passing game, which rules the sport today, eludes him badly and he seems to be brutal on QBs. VanDyke seems like a frozen up sphincter muscle, which is very reminiscent of how he had the QBs at Oregon. There are just some pieces missing there and something that doesn't translate beyond those few things he does well, which isn't nearly enough. They're going to badly lose at NC, lose to Louisville, get throttled by FSU again, and probably lose to a super shitty Clemson. So there's 5 games right there. NC State, BC and UVa - should win those three, but entirely possible they drop 1, maybe 2. Could well be another 5-7, more likely 6-6, maybe 7-6. I could entirely see them winning one of the tough ones, and losing one of the gimees. That would be him.

Oh well. I'm in my 50s and have taken several walks on the beach. This is why I no longer argue about South Beach resembling Ocean Shores, the '91 Canes, worry about imploding Pac 10, tell people to win a Rose Bowl and then pop off or try and convince anyone about pretty much anything. About the only things I care about now are the family trust and rescuing @pawz from the fires of hell while smugly watching the @Oregonbros chart their path to the same the place. I'm going to the last Apple Cup, getting as fucked up as I've been in a decade, and terrorizing Cuogs! until they drag me out of the stadium. Life is good.

Creepy Fucking Coug
    DM me for the apple cup. Want to buy you a round.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited October 2023
    He needs a walk on south beach. It's no Ocean Shores, but it's a beach.
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,075
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

He needs a walk on south beach. It's no Ocean Shores, but it's a beach.
    Long walk on Ocean Drive, lets say, Memorial Day weekend should help put things in perspective.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,993
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Fortunately, I was in the air watching Band of Brothers on my iPad and have only watched the replays. Fuckin' A. What a dumb fuck. Here, despite playing like ass, you literally kneel twice and the game is over - no chance of losing. Zero. It was a somewhat shitty call because the kid's elbow is on the ground, but whatever, you don't create scenario when you don't have to. And frankly if they win, still whatever. GT is not good and you can't handle them at home? That conference has been a curse for them. They've just become a middling ACC program. I candidly don't really GAF about the win/loss here because I would not have liked their chances at Chapel Hill unless they had blown the living fuck out of GT, which obviously didn't happen. 3-0 at halftime? Injuries piling up? Cursed. I'm tired of pressers where he says all the right things and gives the appearance of a super organized guy who has THE blue print.

He's ostensibly good at taking a program in total chaos and bringing in some order, hefting up fucked-up O lines and then recruiting. But that appears to be the ceiling. In another time where beef and running the ball senselessly and all that shit ruled the game, he probably has a better career. But the passing game, which rules the sport today, eludes him badly and he seems to be brutal on QBs. VanDyke seems like a frozen up sphincter muscle, which is very reminiscent of how he had the QBs at Oregon. There are just some pieces missing there and something that doesn't translate beyond those few things he does well, which isn't nearly enough. They're going to badly lose at NC, lose to Louisville, get throttled by FSU again, and probably lose to a super shitty Clemson. So there's 5 games right there. NC State, BC and UVa - should win those three, but entirely possible they drop 1, maybe 2. Could well be another 5-7, more likely 6-6, maybe 7-6. I could entirely see them winning one of the tough ones, and losing one of the gimees. That would be him.

Oh well. I'm in my 50s and have taken several walks on the beach. This is why I no longer argue about South Beach resembling Ocean Shores, the '91 Canes, worry about imploding Pac 10, tell people to win a Rose Bowl and then pop off or try and convince anyone about pretty much anything. About the only things I care about now are the family trust and rescuing @pawz from the fires of hell while smugly watching the @Oregonbros chart their path to the same the place. I'm going to the last Apple Cup, getting as fucked up as I've been in a decade, and terrorizing Cuogs! until they drag me out of the stadium. Life is good.

Creepy Fucking Coug
    You should cap off the final Apple Cup with a donation to Hardcore Husky. Do it Grumble style -- cash in an envelope with a wanky meme and no return address
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Creepy Fucking Coug
    You should cap off the final Apple Cup with a donation to Hardcore Husky. Do it Grumble style -- cash in an envelope with a wanky meme and no return address
    Free pub?
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Creepy Fucking Coug
    Not in the middle of the store Derek.