Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Coach Prime to the Colorado Buffaloes?!

Comments

• Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,515
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

ntxduck said:

dnc said:

ntxduck said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

TCU and Colorado are simply two mediocre teams with inept defenses.

TCU frittered away about 20 points through its offense's incompetence when presented opportunities.

If I had to bet, after this weekend's meeting of mediocre teams in Boulder, the Buffs will be 1-1.

As good as the rest of your analysis and takes.
    I obviously overrated Nebraska when I called them mediocre. And CU gets to play another inept offense this week. Hit the hype machine, Gloria.

I heard CO would win 3 games this year MAX. 5 was out of reach. Care to take that line or did you want to back peddle further?

I doubt I ever said that.

And 3 - 0 after CSU is more than likely. 'Cuz CSU. And they get to play both Arizona schools this year.

Less than 5 -7 seems like an abject failure.

I feel like the goal posts are being moved for Coach Prime. We are talking about a team that was Cal-too-high away from Owen last season, and not a single loss was even close, or close to being close. I've been told it's impossible to compete in P5 first year after a thorough roster ass cleaning. Now we're saying anything less than 5-7 is an abject failure? Well, it would represent a 4 to 6 win improvement over last year, despite said roster turnover.

I don't get it. The guy has turned out to be a semi-serious coach with ambition to get his team to be better. Nobody doubts that when they run into SC, UW and UO that they're going to get their asses kicked at least two out of those three, and lose the other one. But you have to give him a fair standard to beat and not move it around every week he wins.
    Surprising they beat TCU. Fortunate to win, but a win is a win. Good for them. But TCU is no better than mediocre.

Nebraska is terrible--can't execute a snap or a handoff without giving the ball to the opposition. At this rate, they might win 3 this year, assuming they beat their 2 remaining non-Power 5 foes.

Colorado State looked pretty awful.

Personally, I never claimed it's impossible to bring in a whole new team and win. It happens in the NFL from time to time. In an era of unlimited free agency, it'll happen in college too.

So he'd be a genius at 5-7?

Not a genius but his OC is a good coach and he gets his guys ready to go. Beating TCU was a win I didn’t think he’d get. Nebraska was always a toss up and CSU is bad. He will be 3-0 after next week but the P12 is tough this year. His team is thin on players. If they stay healthy 6-6 seems on the table. That would be pretty amazing. That defense is bad and thin. I imagine they’ll get worse, not better as the year goes on. The offensive line isn’t great and I’d think his son will take a pounding. 3-9 was my original thought but I’ll think anywhere from 4-8 - 7-5 is on the table depending on injuries.
    They will win at least 7. My guess is 8 or 9.
    They have 22 good to great CFB players. Do they have 50? Depth and defense are my concerns for 7-9 wins. UW gave up 40 twice last year with a decimated secondary. Colorado was fully healthy when TCU torched them for 42. EWIWBI
    Colorado has Travis Hunter. A five star, top 10 freshman CB is third string. Their secondary is better. UW’s defense last year was probably worse.

Smalls is third string. They aren’t deep but they have some talent on defense. Their offense is legit, even with a bad OL. They can get away with it in the PAC 12. I’m glad we aren’t going to Boulder this year. That game would be a dangerous shootout.
    @dnc @haie
    In defense of my boy Roadie he didn't say he'd be afraid of Colorado generally, he did say he didn't want to go to Boulder. And he was talking about them with Hunter. Not as embarrassing as I was thinking.
    “Dangerous shootout” is pretty lol. UW would hold them to single digits like Oregon did (technically a shutout but it was really important for prime to risk his kid getting hurt to put 6 on the board against walk ons I guess).
    Better take than saying Golden State should bench Draymond Green for Kuminga in the NBA Finals. You also overrate high school guys every single year.

UW would not hold the Buffs to single digits. Colorado has already exceeded the bullshit you posted in this thread.
    You don’t think UW would shut them down? Maybe I’m still extremely skeptical of tosh, but I don’t consider Oregon’s defense “good” and CU got easily shut out in Eugene aside from a garbage time td by CUs starters against walk ons and freshman
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited October 2023
    ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

dnc said:

ntxduck said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

TCU and Colorado are simply two mediocre teams with inept defenses.

TCU frittered away about 20 points through its offense's incompetence when presented opportunities.

If I had to bet, after this weekend's meeting of mediocre teams in Boulder, the Buffs will be 1-1.

As good as the rest of your analysis and takes.
    I obviously overrated Nebraska when I called them mediocre. And CU gets to play another inept offense this week. Hit the hype machine, Gloria.

I heard CO would win 3 games this year MAX. 5 was out of reach. Care to take that line or did you want to back peddle further?

I doubt I ever said that.

And 3 - 0 after CSU is more than likely. 'Cuz CSU. And they get to play both Arizona schools this year.

Less than 5 -7 seems like an abject failure.

I feel like the goal posts are being moved for Coach Prime. We are talking about a team that was Cal-too-high away from Owen last season, and not a single loss was even close, or close to being close. I've been told it's impossible to compete in P5 first year after a thorough roster ass cleaning. Now we're saying anything less than 5-7 is an abject failure? Well, it would represent a 4 to 6 win improvement over last year, despite said roster turnover.

I don't get it. The guy has turned out to be a semi-serious coach with ambition to get his team to be better. Nobody doubts that when they run into SC, UW and UO that they're going to get their asses kicked at least two out of those three, and lose the other one. But you have to give him a fair standard to beat and not move it around every week he wins.
    Surprising they beat TCU. Fortunate to win, but a win is a win. Good for them. But TCU is no better than mediocre.

Nebraska is terrible--can't execute a snap or a handoff without giving the ball to the opposition. At this rate, they might win 3 this year, assuming they beat their 2 remaining non-Power 5 foes.

Colorado State looked pretty awful.

Personally, I never claimed it's impossible to bring in a whole new team and win. It happens in the NFL from time to time. In an era of unlimited free agency, it'll happen in college too.

So he'd be a genius at 5-7?

Not a genius but his OC is a good coach and he gets his guys ready to go. Beating TCU was a win I didn’t think he’d get. Nebraska was always a toss up and CSU is bad. He will be 3-0 after next week but the P12 is tough this year. His team is thin on players. If they stay healthy 6-6 seems on the table. That would be pretty amazing. That defense is bad and thin. I imagine they’ll get worse, not better as the year goes on. The offensive line isn’t great and I’d think his son will take a pounding. 3-9 was my original thought but I’ll think anywhere from 4-8 - 7-5 is on the table depending on injuries.
    They will win at least 7. My guess is 8 or 9.
    They have 22 good to great CFB players. Do they have 50? Depth and defense are my concerns for 7-9 wins. UW gave up 40 twice last year with a decimated secondary. Colorado was fully healthy when TCU torched them for 42. EWIWBI
    Colorado has Travis Hunter. A five star, top 10 freshman CB is third string. Their secondary is better. UW’s defense last year was probably worse.

Smalls is third string. They aren’t deep but they have some talent on defense. Their offense is legit, even with a bad OL. They can get away with it in the PAC 12. I’m glad we aren’t going to Boulder this year. That game would be a dangerous shootout.
    @dnc @haie
    In defense of my boy Roadie he didn't say he'd be afraid of Colorado generally, he did say he didn't want to go to Boulder. And he was talking about them with Hunter. Not as embarrassing as I was thinking.
    “Dangerous shootout” is pretty lol. UW would hold them to single digits like Oregon did (technically a shutout but it was really important for prime to risk his kid getting hurt to put 6 on the board against walk ons I guess).
    Better take than saying Golden State should bench Draymond Green for Kuminga in the NBA Finals. You also overrate high school guys every single year.

UW would not hold the Buffs to single digits. Colorado has already exceeded the bullshit you posted in this thread.
    You don’t think UW would shut them down? Maybe I’m still extremely skeptical of tosh, but I don’t consider Oregon’s defense “good” and CU got easily shut out in Eugene aside from a garbage time td by CUs starters against walk ons and freshman
    Honestly, that was just going to be one of those days for the Buffs. Every team has a game like that. Sanders has shown he's a player and given just the minimal amount of time has burned people with his accuracy. More often than not, yes, I'd expect Colorado to score on Oregon and Washington. To the extent of USC? No. But SC is always hyped; we? just don't say that a lot around here because we? care about that respeck. I think 14 to 21 pts. from CU on either team would be a reasonable expectation. The problem is still going to be that they'll give up 40+
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,340
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It's a closer game at Colorado but not as close as USC made it. Oregon has a better defense
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,496
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

I must have been really drunk when I posted this. I can't for the life of me remember why I posted it.
    I was giving you a pass when I read it and assumed it was some kind of Nike tie-in.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,866
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Where did the Buff fans go?

Still busy celebrating the moral victory against USC
  • Options
    edited October 2023

4-8 is still in play.

I think they take 2 of those, or at the very least one. But you're right - quite possible.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,835
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

4-8 is still in play.

I think they'll go 7-5, maybe 6-6. Clearly they're a better team, but last night was embarrassing. There's no excuse for blowing a four TD lead to anyone, much less Stanfruad.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    @RoadDawg55 did not have his reads down. Prime sucks.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,237
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

@RoadDawg55 did not have his reads down. Prime sucks.

It's a process. It's hard.
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Still here, but we should probably check to see if @BuffBuffPass is okay.

Look, I don’t give a damn if Deion is overhyped and sucks. He amuses me, and all of his antics have been a breath of fresh air, especially for Colorado.

No one with a modicum of common sense sees his tenure here as anything more than an experiment.
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,605
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

4-8 is still in play.

I think they take 2 of those, or at the very least one. But you're right - quite possible.
    Road games at UCLA, WSU, and Utah.

Home games vs. Oregon St. and Arizona.

They aren't winning any of those IMO.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,898
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Still here, but we should probably check to see if @BuffBuffPass is okay.

Look, I don’t give a damn if Deion is overhyped and sucks. He amuses me, and all of his antics have been a breath of fresh air, especially for Colorado.

No one with a modicum of common sense sees his tenure here as anything more than an experiment.
    Stepping stone once he gets his reads down.
  • Options

4-8 is still in play.

Road games at UCLA, WSU, and Utah.

Home games vs. Oregon St. and Arizona.

They aren't winning any of those IMO.
    I think they win one of them. Maybe 2. Nobody should be scared of UCLA. I don't even know who that fat fuck coach of theirs is. He can't be the guy who coached at Oregon. Maybe Arizona at home. I don't see them going down 5 times and not getting up for a minimum of one.

But, it's as likely as not I suppose.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Roadie definitely picked an odd hill die on
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,572
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    4-8 is still in play.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,898
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I called bowl eligibility. They won’t win another game. Maybe coug…